- What is an AI security camera? - AI security cameras use artificial intelligence software to detect objects and recognize detailed features. Object detection such as vehicle detection, person detection, facial recognition, and license plate recognition can be used to trigger events on Viewtron NVRs. For example, when a person enters a certain zone of an area under surveillance, recording can be triggered on the DVR. An alarm can also be triggered such as a push notification to the Viewtron mobile app.
- Can Viewtron AI cameras be used with hybrid DVRs? - Unfortunately not. Although all Viewtron IP cameras are compatible with our Viewtron hybrid BNC DVRs, the AI software is ONLY included on the NVRs.
- Are 4K resolution AI cameras available? - At this time, 4mp resolution is the max resolution for Viewtron AI cameras.
- Does the people detection work with children and toddlers? Yes. The human detection function works with small and large people.
- Instead of continuous video recording, can you record only when alarm events are triggered? Yes, you can setup recording only when events occur, such as object detection. Or you can record 24/7 at a lower resolution and frame rate and higher resolution and frame rate during AI triggered alarm events like people detection.
- Are there any ongoing subscription or software licensing fees? No, there is not any type of maintenance or software license fees.
- Can the camera data be accessed outside the local network (LAN)? Remote access to view your cameras is 100% optional. It is up to you if you want to enable remote access from the mobile apps for PC software. And if you do, a user name and password is required to access.
- Is there any dependency on any external servers / cloud service for the AI functions? No. Viewtron surveillance systems are self contained. All of the software runs on the IP cameras and NVR. Neither of which need to be connected to the Internet.
- Can I use AI cameras on all NVR channels? Yes. Our 8ch, 16ch, and 32ch NVRs support AI cameras on all channels.
- Can I get a push notification on my phone when an alarm is triggered? Yes. All of the AI events supported by Viewtron AI cameras support the ability to trigger a push notification to the Android and iPhone mobile apps. Watch this video to see a person detection alarm trigger a push notification.
AI Security Camera NVR
Viewtron IP camera NVRs support all of the AI functions that you see below. If you want to install a video surveillance system with multi-camera recording, and that also takes advantage of all of the artificial intelligence software functions built into these cameras, CCTV Camera Pros highly recommends that you install Viewtron AI cameras with a Viewtron network video recorder. We have a few complete AI systems available above, and we can also provide a custom design and quote for you based on your specific requirements. Please mention on your request that you want to use AI cameras.
Please note that although our
Viewtron hybrid BNC DVRs also support IP cameras, they DO NOT support the AI functions of Viewtron AI cameras. You MUST use a pure NVR for AI.
Here are some of the AI functions that are supported by Viewtron AI cameras. Please check the specification for the camera you are interested in to confirm which AI features are supported.
The vehicle detection function of Viewtron AI cameras is much more reliable than video motion technique used by a non-AI camera. Traditional video motion detection produces a lot of false alerts. A well trained AI camera can detect cars and motorcycles in real time and with 99% accuracy. Object detection events can trigger alarms such as video recording, mobile app push notifications, DVR buzzer, photo snapshots, and email alerts. Watch the above video to see a vehicle detection demo.
Watch this video to see the vehicle detection and person detection capability of this camera at night. This camera can detect objects in low light and zero light environments using it's built-in IR night vision.
Watch this video to see an
IP-A4BZ AI camera and Viewtron NVR are used to monitor a garbage dumpster for illegal dumping. An intrusion zone is drawn around the dumpster area. When a human is detected inside the intrusion zone, the NVR records the event, takes a snapshot for the event bookmark, and sends a mobile app push notification.
Watch this video to see how Mike uses a Viewtron AI camera to monitor the construction of the pool in his back yard. When a person enters the intrusion zone, the camera triggers an alarm on the Viewtron NVR. The NVR sends a
push notification to the iPhone app. Viewtron IP cameras and NVRs also support push alerts to the Android mobile app.
The person detection function of Viewtron AI cameras works the same as vehicle / car detection. An intrusion zone is mapped out on the DVR interface. The only difference is that human detection is selected in the setup, instead of vehicles. The red rectangle is the intrusion zone in in the above screenshot. You can see when Mike crosses over the intrusion zone, he is detected as a human and an alarm event is triggered. This
dome IP camera with AI was used to capture the above screenshot.
Watch this video to see how CCTV Camera Pros integrated a facial recognition camera with our access control system to unlock our front door.
The face detection function of Viewtron AI cameras makes it easy to trigger alarms based on a human face appearing within the view of the camera. The above screenshot was captured using a
Viewtron IP-A4D dome AI camera connected to a
Viewtron IP camera NVR. When a face is detected, the event is recorded in the NVR's database. Thumbnail images can be displayed (like you see above) for easy access to playback the recorded video of the facial detection.
Viewtron license plate recognition cameras (LPR) are designed to detect when vehicle license plates enter a defined area. The LPR system tested in the above video used a Viewtron
LPR-IP7 license plate AI camera connected to a
Viewtron IP camera NVR. When a plate is detected, the event is bookmarked, a snapshot is taken, and video is recorded on the NVR's hard drive. Thumbnail images can be displayed on the live video view (like you see above) for easy access to playback the recorded video of the license plate capture.
In addition to detecting license plates, the LPR-IP7 is also an ANPR camera (automatic number plate recognition). Number plate recognition and license plate database applications are possible when you connect a LPR-IP7 to a Viewtron NVR. The above ANPR database screenshot was captured from a Viewtron NVR. Please note that Viewtron BNC hybrid DVRs do not support LPR and other AI functions.You must use a
Viewtron IP camera NVR for all AI functions.
Watch this video to see how how to setup a traffic counting camera application using a Viewtron IP camera and NVR. You can learn more about
how to setup the traffic counting camera application here.
Watch this video to see how how to setup a people counting camera application using a Viewtron IP camera and NVR.
View Your AI Cameras Remotely from iPhone, Android, Mac & Windows
You can view your AI cameras live and also playback recorded video surveillance footage from iPhone and Android mobile apps. Windows PC and Mac DVR viewer software (desktop software) is also included. All of the apps and software support viewing DVRs and security cameras installed at multiple locations. CCTV Camera Pros provides FREE Lifetime Tech Support on all of the products that we supply. Remote access setup is included. Please click on the above links to see why these great apps make the Viewtron IP cameras, DVRs, and NVRs among the Best Surveillance systems available.
Custom Security Camera System Quotes
Do you need a custom AI security camera system? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a custom security camera system quote that includes a mix of various camera styles, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors. We can include a 4 channel, 8 channel, or 16 channel DVR / NVR. As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2, 4, 8, and 16 camera surveillance systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different camera models that we carry. Use this form to request a quote.
BBB Rating & Reviews
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau. We also maintain a 5 star online review rating with ResellerRatings.com.
View your security camera from the iPhone app that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the iPhone app can also playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive and receive push notifications when motion is detected by your cameras.
Learn more about
how to view your security cameras from iPhone here.
The mobile apps and PC software for Viewtron supports the ability to view security cameras that are installed at multiple locations. The above video demonstrates remotely viewing two IP cameras at different locations using the iPhone app. The app can also be setup to view multiple DVRs and NVRs at various locations.
Multi-device / multi-location camera viewing also works using the Android app, as well as the Window and Mac video management software.
View your security camera from the Android app that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Android app can also playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive and receive push notifications when motion is detected. Learn more about how to
view your security cameras from Android here.
View your security camera with Mac software that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Mac DVR software can also search and playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive. Learn more about how to
view your security cameras with Mac software here.
View your security camera with Windows PC software that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from the Viewtron VMS software via any WIFI or cellular connection. There are no additional monthly fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Windows DVR viewer software can also search and playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive. Learn more about how to
view your security cameras with Windows PC software here.