The Viewtron VT-NVR-32 is a 32 channel NVR for IP cameras with built-in PoE and support for Viewtron AI cameras, LPR cameras, and ONVIF compliant cameras. Viewtron NVRs are by far our best sellers and we highly recommend them. This high definition network video recorder supports IP cameras up to 4K resolution. This 32ch NVR has 16 PoE ports so that 16 cameras can be directly connected to the NVR. An addition 16 IP cameras can be connected to the NVR using a PoE switch. You can see an
installation diagram here. Each IP camera can be connected using using Cat5e or Cat6 network cable. Viewtron NVRs work great with Viewtron IP cameras (our top pick) and any 3rd party IP camera that is ONVIF compatible.
Watch this demo video to see the simple to use interface of Viewtron NVRs and DVRs. We also have this video demo of the mobile app. Need a quote? We provide custom systems quotes here.
Remote Security Camera Viewing Apps & Software Included
Viewtron NVRs include mobile apps for iPhone and Android. Desktop software for Mac and Windows is also included for free. You can view your security cameras live and playback recorded video on your NVR from all of these platforms from remotely over the Internet. There are no monthly fees.
In this video, the mobile app connects to the
Viewtron IP camera NVR at CCTV Camera Pros office. CCTV Camera Pros office NVR is connected to 6
Viewtron IP cameras, including 4K AI security cameras, a motorized varifocal / zoom IP camera, and an LPR / ANPR camera (license plate recognition / automatic number plate recognition). The Viewtron mobile app supports live security camera viewing and recorded video search & playback. You can watch additional video demos of the Viewtron security camera app here.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to watch live video and playback recorded video surveillance footage on Viewtron NVRs and hybrid DVRs. This video was captured using a Viewtron hybrid DVR, however, the user interface, menu system, and navigation is identical on Viewtron NVRs. Camera 1 in the video is a 4K IP camera.
32 Channel NVR Camera System
Watch this video demo to learn about the 32 channel NVR camera system that CCTV Camera Pros designed for a local science center. This system uses (16)
Viewtron 4mp IP cameras (AI cameras) and (16) GeoVision 2mp IP cameras. The customer had some older GeoVision IP cameras in place that they still wanted to use. We upgraded their NVR to the Viewtron 32ch and installed 16 Viewtron AI cameras at the new locations that they needed video coverage at. This design is a great example of how some customers can use their existing IP cameras, upgrade to a Viewtron NVR with AI, install some new cameras now, and upgrade to better IP cameras over time.
Main NVR Features
- Type: Stand Alone Embedded Linux Operating System
- Video Input: 16 RJ-45 Network Connection Inputs with PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Power over Ethernet: 16ch RJ-45, 802.3af, Output Power ≤ 150W
- Supported IP Cameras: Viewtron, All ONVIF Compatible IP Camera Brands
- Supported Camera Resolutions: 720p / 1mp, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 6mp, 8mp / 4K
- Audio Surveillance Support: Yes. 32ch IP Camera Audio
- 2-Way Audio: Yes. 1 RCA Output for Speakers. 1 RCA Input for Microphone
- Recording Resolution: 720p / 1mp, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 6mp, 8mp / 4K, 30FPS per Channel
- Video Compression / Codec: H.264, H.264+, H.265, H.265+, H.265s
- Max Bandwidth: Incoming 256 Mbps / Outgoing 256 Mbps
- Recording Modes: Manual, Continuous, Schedule, Motion Detection, Alarm, Smart Events
- AI Functions: Face Detection, Face Database Match, LPR / License Plate Recognition. Note: AI functions require Viewtron AI cameras. License plate reader function requires Viewtron LPR camera.
- Monitor Outputs: HDMI, VGA
- HDMI Display: 2 HDMI Outputs, (1) 4K Resolution, 3840 x 2160, (1) 1080p Resolution
- VGA Display: 1080p Resolution, 1920 x 1080
- Spot Monitor Function: Yes. HDMI 2 can be setup as a spot monitor for IP cameras
- Alarm Ports: 16 Inputs, 4 Outputs, Also Supports IP Camera Alarm Input
- Network Ports: Dual Ethernet, 2 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Rack Mount: Yes. Rack Mount Hardware Included
- Alarm Notification: Email, Push Notification to Mobile Apps, Desktop Software
- Mobile Apps: iPhone, Android
- VMS Software: Video Management Software for Mac and Windows PCs
- PTZ Camera Support: UTC (Up the Coax) Support to Control PTZ Over RG59 Video Cable
- Cash Register / POS Integration: Yes. Text Overlay. Cash Registers Supported
- Max Storage: 8 Hard Drive Bays, 12TB each (96TB total)
- Installed Storage: 4TB Hard Drive Included (formatted and pre-installed)
- NVR Controls: USB Mouse Included. Wireless IR Remote Control Optional Add-On
- Rack Mountable: Yes. 2U Rack Mount. Rack Mounting Hardware Included
- Product Dimensions: Yes. 445mm × 436mm × 90mm / 17.5" x 17" x 3.5" ( W × D × H )
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- Tech Support: Lifetime Technical Support Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- ONVIF Compliant: Yes. Works with all ONVIF compatible IP cameras
- NDAA Compliant NVR: Yes. Approved for Government Use.
- Detailed Specification: Download the product specification PDF file.
32 Channel NVR (Back Panel)
Here is a view of the back panel of the NVR so that you can see all of the ports and connections. Please note that this 32ch NVR has 16 PoE ports. You must use an external
16 port PoE switch to add the additional 16 IP cameras. You can see a typical network installation diagram here. Please click on the image for a larger view.
ONVIF Compliant NVR
CCTV Camera Pros highly recommends
Viewtron IP cameras for use with our Viewtron NVRs. We have 2mp / 1080p, 4mp, and 8mp 4K IP cameras. However, all Viewtron NVRs are ONVIF compliant so that they can also be used with any 3rd party ONVIF compliant IP camera.
Built-in Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Viewtron 32 channel NVRs have 16 built-in PoE ports that allow you to plug PoE IP cameras directly into the Ethernet ports. The NVR provides power to the cameras and the cameras will automatically connect to the NVR software. Please note that although this NVR supports 32 IP cameras, it only has 16 PoE ports. The additional 16 IP cameras must be connected to a separate PoE switch. This
16 Port PoE switch (model POE-SW1616) is available. This makes installation extremely easy. We highly recommend
Viewtron IP cameras with PoE for use with these NVRs.
Here is some additional information about the ports on the back of the NVR (starting from left to right).
- To the right of the PoE ports there is an RCA input and output port (labeled in orange) that can be used to connect speakers and a microphone. This is applicable to IP cameras with audio surveillance microphones or 2-way audio.
- There are two Ethernet ports (labeled in purple). Dual Ethernet ports allow you to segregate all of the IP traffic from your cameras from your local network. You can use one of these ports to connect to your local network and and the other Ethernet port can be connected to a 16 port PoE switch to power and connect to the 16 additional IP cameras. You may want to connect port one to an Internet router if you want to access your security cameras remotely.
- Viewtron 32ch NVRs have 2 HDMI ports and 1 VGA monitor ports. Both HDMI ports can be used at the same time for two monitors. HDMI one is the main monitor output and HDMI 2 is for spot monitor function (see below demo video). The USB port can be used for the mouse that is included or for a USB drive for video backup / export.
- Burglar alarm sensors can be integrated into these NVRs using the alarm input / alarm output ports. For example, PIR motion detectors and magnetic window / door sensors.
- The eSATA port can be used to connect an external eSATA drive for additional video storage. 8TB max.
The Viewtron 32 channel NVR has 2 HDMI video outputs which allow it to provide a spot monitor for IP cameras that are connected to it. Watch this video to see Mike from CCTV Camera Pros explain how to setup HDMI port #2 as the IP camera spot monitor. **Please note that the spot monitor function supports a max of 9 cameras per screen.
32 Channel NVR Camera System
Here is a screenshot of the 32 channel NVR camera system that CCTV Camera Pros installed for the South Florida Science Center in West Palm Beach, Florida. Please click on the image to see the full sized 4K resolution image. This system uses 4 megapixel resolution
Viewtron AI security cameras.
This diagram shows how-to install this 32 channel NVR camera system with 32 IP cameras.
- The 16 IP cameras on the left (blue box) are connected directly to the built-in PoE ports on the back of the NVR. One CAT5e cable is used for each camera.
- The 16 IP cameras on the right (orange box) are connected to the optional POE-SW1616 IP camera PoE switch. One CAT5e cable is used for each camera.
- The 32ch NVR and 16 port PoE switch are connected to a network router. This is noted in the diagram with the red lines.
Complete Security Camera System Quote
Did you know? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a complete surveillance system quote that includes our Viewtron 32 channel NVR with
IP cameras, network cables, and PoE switches? We can provide you with a custom quote with as many cameras as you need and a mix of any combination of camera model(s) based on your project requirements.
In the above video, the mobile app connects to the
Viewtron IP camera NVR at CCTV Camera Pros office. Please note that the mobile app interface looks exactly the same when you connect to a Viewtron hybrid BNC DVR. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection. There are no monthly fees. In addition to the live camera view, the iPhone app can also playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive and receive push notifications when motion is detected by your cameras.
The CCTV Camera Pros' NVR is connected to 6
Viewtron IP cameras, including 4K AI security cameras and an LPR / ANPR camera (license plate recognition / automatic number plate recognition). You can watch additional video demos of the Viewtron security camera app here. Learn more about how to view your security cameras from iPhone here.
View your security cameras from the Android app that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Android app can also playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive and receive push notifications when motion is detected. Learn more about how the
security camera app from Android here.
Watch this video to how to setup push notifications in the mobile app for iPhone and Android. You can setup push messages to be sent upon motion detection and other alarm events that are supported by the DVR.
View your security camera with Mac software that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Mac DVR software can also search and playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive. Learn more about how to
view your security cameras with Mac software here.
View your security camera with Windows PC software that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from the Viewtron VMS software via any WIFI or cellular connection. There are no additional monthly fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Windows DVR viewer software can also search and playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive. Learn more about how to
view your security cameras with Windows PC software here.
AI Camera Compatible
The Viewtron 32ch NVR works with our Viewtron
AI security cameras. Viewtron AI cameras are specialized network IP cameras that perform advanced analytical functions such as vehicle detection, person detection, region intrusion detection, line crossing detection, face detection, facial recognition, traffic counting, people counting, and license plate recognition (LPR).
The Viewtron network video recorders have built-in LPR / ANPR software. This software is included. There are NO additional license fees! This LPR software works in conjunction with the firmware on this
Viewtron LPR camera to recognize license plates (LPR) and automatically detect the numbers and letters on the plates (ANPR). CCTV Camera Pros sells pre-configured license plate recognition systems. We can also provide you with a custom design and quote based on your specific requirements.
Important Note: License plate recognition software functions ONLY work with this Viewtron LPR camera.
Video Storage Space / Surveillance Hard Drive Upgrade
Will the standard size hard drive be large enough storage for the number of days of recording that you require? You can use our online
video storage calculator to estimate how much hard drive space you will need for your NVR. Please note that CCTV Camera Pros only uses video surveillance hard drives designed for constant writing operations. Standard PC hard drives should not be used.
The above diagram shows how a POS system /cash register can be installed with a Viewtron NVR and IP camera. This allows point of sale text overlay over one or more security cameras on your system. The point of sale / cash register is connected to the same network as the network video recorder. This is done by connecting both devices to the same network switch or router using CAT5 or CAT6 network cable. The IP camera can also be connected to the switch or it can be connected directly to the Viewtron NVR (because the NVR has built-in PoE ports). You can learn more about
CCTV POS integration with Viewtron NVRs and DVRs here.
Would you like to see see more video demos that use Viewtron security camera systems before you decide to purchase one? CCTV Camera Pros has a demo surveillance system setup at our office using Viewtron NVRs and a variety of BNC and IP cameras that we supply. We have video demos that show how to remotely access Viewtron from Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. Please check out these
Viewtron security camera system videos.
Optional Wireless Remote
Most of our customers prefer to use the USB mouse that is included to control their DVRs and NVRs. However, we do have an optional wireless remote control available. One function that customers do find useful to be able to control with the wireless remote is the ability to switch between live video display screen layouts. All of the other controls are much more convenient to access using the mouse that is included.
Download NVR Spec Sheet
Download NVR User Manual
This IP camera NVR is NDAA compliant. That means that it is not manufactured by any of the manufacturers on the NDAA (the National Defense Authorization Act) list of banned manufacturers. This NVR does not use any materials from banned manufacturers either. This NVR may safely be purchased for government use. You can download
CCTV Camera Pros NDAA letter of guarantee here. You can find our NDAA compliant cameras here.
5 Star Rated Customer Service
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau and an average of 5 star reviews at Reseller Ratings. We were able to achieve this through the outstanding technical support and customer service that our team provides to our customers. All of our team members are located in the USA.
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to be a US Veteran Owned small business. Our co-founder, Mike Haldas, served in the United States Marine Corps 1993-1997.