The Viewtron VT-NVR-64 is a 64 channel NVR for IP cameras that supports for Viewtron AI cameras, LPR cameras, and ONVIF compliant cameras. Viewtron NVRs are by far our best sellers and we highly recommend them. This high definition network video recorder supports IP cameras up to 4K resolution (now supports 12mp also). This 64ch NVR does not have any PoE ports. You must use an external PoE switches to connect your IP cameras to this NVR You can see an
installation diagram here. Each IP camera can be connected using using Cat5e or Cat6 network cable. Viewtron NVRs work great with Viewtron IP cameras (our top pick) and any 3rd party IP camera that is ONVIF compatible.
Watch this demo video to see the simple to use interface of Viewtron NVRs and DVRs. Watch a video demo of the mobile app here. Need a quote? We provide custom systems quotes here.
Remote Security Camera Viewing Apps & Software Included
Viewtron NVRs include mobile apps for iPhone and Android. Desktop software for Mac and Windows is also included for free. You can view your security cameras live and playback recorded video on your NVR from all of these platforms from remotely over the Internet. There are no monthly fees.
In this video, the mobile app connects to the
Viewtron IP camera NVR at CCTV Camera Pros office. CCTV Camera Pros office NVR is connected to 6
Viewtron IP cameras, including 4K AI security cameras, a motorized varifocal / zoom IP camera, and an LPR / ANPR camera (license plate recognition / automatic number plate recognition). The Viewtron mobile app for iPhone and Android supports live security camera viewing and recorded video search & playback. You can watch additional video demos of the Viewtron security camera app here.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to watch live video and playback recorded video surveillance footage on Viewtron NVRs and hybrid DVRs. This video was captured using a Viewtron hybrid DVR, however, the user interface, menu system, and navigation is identical on Viewtron NVRs. Camera 1 in the video is a
4K IP camera.
Main NVR Features
- Type: Stand Alone Embedded Linux Operating System
- Video Input: 16 RJ-45 Network Connection Inputs with PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Power over Ethernet: 16ch RJ-45, 802.3af, Output Power ≤ 150W
- Supported IP Cameras: Viewtron, All ONVIF Compatible IP Camera Brands
- Supported Camera Resolutions: 720p / 1mp, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 6mp, 8mp / 4K, 12mp
- Audio Surveillance Support: Yes. 64ch IP Camera Audio
- 2-Way Audio: Yes. 1 RCA Output for Speakers. 1 RCA Input for Microphone
- Recording Resolution: 720p / 1mp, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 6mp, 8mp / 4K, 12mp, 30FPS per Channel
- Max Bandwidth: Incoming 640 Mbps / Outgoing 640 Mbps
- Recording Modes: Manual, Continuous, Schedule, Motion Detection, Alarm, Smart Events
- AI Functions: Face Detection, Face Database Match, LPR / License Plate Recognition. Note: AI functions require Viewtron AI cameras. License plate reader function requires Viewtron LPR camera.
- Video Compression / Codec: H.264, H.264+, H.265, H.265+, H.265s
- Monitor Outputs: 4 x HDMI, 1 x VGA
- HDMI Display: 4K Resolution output 1, 3840 x 2160. 1920 x 1080 of HDMI 2 to 4.
- VGA Display: 1080p Resolution, 1920 x 1080
- Spot Monitor Function: 3 HDMI Outputs, 1 VGA
- Alarm Ports: 24 Inputs, 8 Outputs, Also Supports IP Camera Alarm Input
- Rack Mount: Yes. Rack Mount Hardware Included
- Alarm Notification: Email, Push Notification to Mobile Apps, Desktop Software
- Mobile Apps: iPhone, Android
- VMS Software: Video Management Software for Mac and Windows PCs
- PTZ Camera Support: UTC (Up the Coax) Support to Control PTZ Over RG59 Video Cable
- Cash Register / POS Text Integration: Yes. POS Text Overlay for Cash Registers Supported.
- Max Storage: 16 Hard Drive Bays, 10TB each (160TB total)
- Ethernet: 2 Ethernet Ports
- Installed Storage: 4TB Hard Drive Included (formatted and pre-installed)
- NVR Controls: USB Mouse Included. Wireless IR Remote Control Optional Add-On
- Rack Mountable: Yes. 4U Rack Mount. Rack Mounting Hardware Included
- Product Dimensions: Yes. 437mm × 483mm × 143mm / 17.2" x 19" x 5.6" ( W × D × H )
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- Tech Support: Lifetime Technical Support Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- ONVIF Compliant: Yes. Works with all ONVIF compatible IP cameras
- Detailed Specification: Download the product specification PDF file.
Here is a view of the back panel of the NVR so that you can see all of the ports and connections. Please note that this 64ch NVR does not have built-in PoE ports. You must use external
PoE switches to power your IP cameras. See more information below. Please click on the image for a larger view.
ONVIF Compliant NVR
CCTV Camera Pros highly recommends
Viewtron IP cameras for use with our Viewtron NVRs. We have 2mp / 1080p, 4mp, and 8mp 4K IP cameras. However, all Viewtron NVRs are ONVIF compliant so that they can also be used with any 3rd party ONVIF compliant IP camera.
This diagram shows how-to install this 64 channel NVR camera system with 64 IP cameras.
- The 16 IP cameras (orange boxes) are connected to the a POE-SW1616 IP camera PoE switch. with CAT5e or CAT6 network cable (orange lines). Please note that each camera is individually connected to the switch. We just drew one line to simplify the diagram.
- Each PoE switch is connected to a Gigabit switch with CAT5e or CAT6 network cable (blue lines).
- The 64ch NVR is connected to the same Gigabit switch that the PoE switches are connected to.
- Optional (not pictured): The Gigabit network switch may be connected to a network router if you want to enable remote access to your security camera system.
Complete Security Camera System Quote
Did you know? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a complete surveillance system quote that includes our Viewtron 64 channel NVR with
IP cameras, network cables, and PoE switches? We can provide you with a custom quote with as many cameras as you need and a mix of any combination of camera model(s) based on your project requirements.
In the above video, the mobile app connects to the
Viewtron IP camera NVR at CCTV Camera Pros office. Please note that the mobile app interface looks exactly the same when you connect to a Viewtron hybrid BNC DVR. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection. There are no monthly fees. In addition to the live camera view, the iPhone app can also playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive and receive push notifications when motion is detected by your cameras.
The CCTV Camera Pros' NVR is connected to 6
Viewtron IP cameras, including 4K AI security cameras and an LPR / ANPR camera (license plate recognition / automatic number plate recognition). You can watch additional video demos of the Viewtron security camera app here. Learn more about how to view your security cameras from iPhone here.
View your security cameras from the Android app that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Android app can also playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive and receive push notifications when motion is detected. Learn more about how the
security camera app from Android here.
Watch this video to how to setup push notifications in the mobile app for iPhone and Android. You can setup push messages to be sent upon motion detection and other alarm events that are supported by the DVR.
View your security camera with Mac software that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Mac DVR software can also search and playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive. Learn more about how to
view your security cameras with Mac software here.
View your security camera with Windows PC software that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from the Viewtron VMS software via any WIFI or cellular connection. There are no additional monthly fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Windows DVR viewer software can also search and playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive. Learn more about how to
view your security cameras with Windows PC software here.
AI Camera Compatible
The Viewtron 32ch NVR works with our Viewtron
AI security cameras. Viewtron AI cameras are specialized network IP cameras that perform advanced analytical functions such as vehicle detection, person detection, region intrusion detection, line crossing detection, face detection, facial recognition, traffic counting, people counting, and license plate recognition (LPR).
The Viewtron network video recorders have built-in LPR / ANPR software. This software is included. There are NO additional license fees! This LPR software works in conjunction with the firmware on this
Viewtron LPR camera to recognize license plates (LPR) and automatically detect the numbers and letters on the plates (ANPR). CCTV Camera Pros sells pre-configured license plate recognition systems. We can also provide you with a custom design and quote based on your specific requirements.
Important Note: License plate recognition software functions ONLY work with this Viewtron LPR camera.
Video Storage Space / Surveillance Hard Drive Upgrade
Will the standard size hard drive be large enough storage for the number of days of recording that you require? You can use our online
video storage calculator to estimate how much hard drive space you will need for your NVR. Please note that CCTV Camera Pros only uses video surveillance hard drives designed for constant writing operations. Standard PC hard drives should not be used.
The above diagram shows how a POS camera system / cash register camera can be installed with a Viewtron NVR and IP cameras. Viewtron POS integration allows point of sale text overlay on one or more security cameras on your system. The point of sale / cash register text can be captured via direct network integration or via the cash register printer port (RS-232 port) using our
POS text inserter box. This is done by connecting both devices to the same network switch or router using CAT5 or CAT6 network cable. The IP camera can also be connected to the switch or it can be connected directly to the Viewtron NVR (because the NVR has built-in PoE ports).
You can learn more about Viewtron
Cash register camera system / POS Text overlay here. Watch the video on that page to see a demo of the POS text overlay on live video and the POS text search and playback capability. You can also view your POS text remotely from the Viewtron desktop software for Mac and Windows, and via the Android and iPhone mobile apps.
Would you like to see see more video demos that use Viewtron security camera systems before you decide to purchase one? CCTV Camera Pros has a demo surveillance system setup at our office using Viewtron NVRs and a variety of BNC and IP cameras that we supply. We have video demos that show how to remotely access Viewtron from Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. Please check out these
Viewtron security camera system videos.
Optional Wireless Remote
Most of our customers prefer to use the USB mouse that is included to control their DVRs and NVRs. However, we do have an optional wireless remote control available. One function that customers do find useful to be able to control with the wireless remote is the ability to switch between live video display screen layouts. All of the other controls are much more convenient to access using the mouse that is included.
Download NVR Spec Sheet
Download NVR User Manual
5 Star Rated Customer Service
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau and an average of 5 star reviews at Reseller Ratings. We were able to achieve this through the outstanding technical support and customer service that our team provides to our customers. All of our team members are located in the USA.
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to be a US Veteran Owned small business. Our co-founder, Mike Haldas, served in the United States Marine Corps 1993-1997.