The Viewtron VT-NVR-16 is an 16 channel IP camera NVR with built-in PoE. This high definition network video recorder supports IP cameras up to 4K resolution. Installation is made easy with the NVR's built-in 16ch PoE ports. Each IP camera can be connected directly to the recorder using Cat5e or Cat6 network cable. Viewtron NVRs work great with Viewtron IP cameras and any 3rd party IP camera that is ONVIF compatible.
Watch this demo video to see the simple to use interface of Viewtron NVRs and DVRs.
Remote Security Camera Viewing Apps & Software Included
Viewtron NVRs include mobile apps for iPhone and Android. Desktop software for Mac and Windows is also included for free. You can view your security cameras live and playback recorded video on your NVR from all of these platforms from remotely over the Internet. There are no monthly fees.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to watch live video and playback recorded video surveillance footage on Viewtron NVRs and hybrid DVRs. This video was captured using a Viewtron hybrid DVR, however, the user interface, menu system, and navigation is identical on Viewtron NVRs. Camera 1 in the video is a 4K IP camera.
Main NVR Features
- Type: Stand Alone Embedded Linux Operating System
- Video Input: 16 RJ-45 Network Connection Inputs with PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Power over Ethernet: 16ch RJ-45, 802.3af, Output Power ≤ 150W
- Supported IP Cameras: Viewtron, All ONVIF Compatible IP Camera Brands
- Supported Camera Resolutions: 720p / 1mp, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 6mp, 8mp / 4K
- Audio Surveillance Support: Yes. 16ch IP Camera Audio
- 2-Way Audio: Yes. 1 RCA Output for Speakers. 1 RCA Input for Microphone
- Recording Resolution: 720p / 1mp, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 6mp, 8mp / 4K, 30FPS per Channel
- Video Compression / Codec: H.264, H.264+, H.265, H.265+, H.265s
- Max Bandwidth: Incoming 160 Mbps / Outgoing 160 Mbps
- Recording Modes: Manual, Continuous, Schedule, Motion Detection, Alarm, Smart Events
- AI Functions: Face Detection, Car Detection, Vehicle Detection, Face Database Match, LPR / License Plate Recognition. Note: AI functions require Viewtron AI cameras.
- Monitor Outputs: HDMI, VGA
- HDMI Display: 4K Resolution, 3840 x 2160
- VGA Display: 1080p Resolution, 1920 x 1080
- Alarm Ports: 8 Inputs, 4 Outputs, Also Supports IP Camera Alarm Input
- Rack Mount: Yes. Rack Mount Hardware Included
- Alarm Notification: Email, Push Notification to Mobile Apps, Desktop Software
- Mobile Apps: iPhone, Android
- VMS Software: Video Management Software for Mac and Windows PCs
- PTZ Camera Support: UTC (Up the Coax) Support to Control PTZ Over RG59 Video Cable
- Cash Register / POS Integration: Yes. Text Overlay. Cash Registers Supported
- Max Storage: 4 Hard Drive Bays, 12TB each (48TB total)
- Installed Storage: 1TB Hard Drive Included
- NVR Controls: USB Mouse Included. Wireless IR Remote Control Optional Add-On
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- Tech Support: Lifetime Technical Support Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- NDAA Compliant NVR: Yes
- Detailed Specification: Download the product specification PDF file.
Here is a view of the back panel of the DVR so that you can see all of the ports and connections. Please click on the image for a larger view.
Built-in Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Viewtron NVRs have built-in PoE ports that allow you to directly plug PoE IP cameras directly into the Ethernet ports. The NVR provides power to the cameras and the cameras will automatically connect to the NVR software. This makes installation extremely easy. We highly recommend
Viewtron IP cameras with PoE for use with these NVRs.
Here is some additional information about the ports on the back of the NVR (starting from left to right).
- To the right of the PoE ports, there is a LAN port (labeled in purple). If you plan on connecting your NVR to a network and / or the Internet, you will use this port to connect to your router or switch.
- Viewtron NVRs have HDMI and VGA monitor outputs. Both can be used at the same time for two monitors. The displays are mirrored (must be the same). The USB port can be used for the mouse that is included or for a USB drive for video backup / export.
- There is one audio input port for an audio surveillance microphone. There is one audio output to connect external speakers.
- Burglar alarm sensors can be integrated into these NVRs using the alarm input / alarm output ports.
- The power cord that is included with the NVR plugs into this port labeled red.
Complete Security Camera System Quote
Did you know? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a complete surveillance system quote that includes any Viewtron DVR / NVR with cameras, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors? We can even mix and match IP cameras and BNC security cameras because Viewtron DVRs are hybrid. This means that they work with just about any type of security camera. As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2, 4, 8, and 16 camera surveillance systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different camera models that we carry. So, we can also
provide you with a custom quote with as many cameras as you need and a mix of any combination of camera model(s) based on your project requirements.
View your security camera from the iPhone app that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the iPhone app can also playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive and receive push notifications when motion is detected by your cameras.
Learn more about how to view your security cameras from iPhone here.
View your security camera from the Android app that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Android app can also playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive and receive push notifications when motion is detected.
Learn more about
how-to view your security cameras from Android here.
View your security camera with Mac software that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Mac DVR software can also search and playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive.
Learn more about
how-to view your security cameras with Mac software here.
View your security camera with Windows PC software that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from the Viewtron VMS software via any WIFI or cellular connection. There are no additional monthly fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Windows DVR viewer software can also search and playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive.
Learn more about
how-to view your security cameras with Windows PC software here.
The Viewtron network video recorders have built-in LPR / ANPR software. This software is included. There are NO additional license fees! This LPR software works in conjunction with the firmware on this
Viewtron LPR camera to recognize license plates (LPR) and automatically detect the numbers and letters on the plates (ANPR). CCTV Camera Pros sells pre-configured license plate recognition systems. We can also provide you with a custom design and quote based on your specific requirements.
Important Note: License plate recognition software functions ONLY work with this Viewtron LPR camera.
Video Storage Space / Surveillance Hard Drive Upgrade
Will the standard size hard drive be large enough storage for the number of days of recording that you require? You can use our online
video storage calculator to estimate how much hard drive space you will need for your NVR. Please note that CCTV Camera Pros only uses video surveillance hard drives designed for constant writing operations. Standard PC hard drives should not be used.
The above diagram shows how a POS system /cash register can be installed with a Viewtron NVR and IP camera. This allows point of sale text overlay over one or more security cameras on your system. The point of sale / cash register is connected to the same network as the network video recorder. This is done by connecting both devices to the same network switch or router using CAT5 or CAT6 network cable. The IP camera can also be connected to the switch or it can be connected directly to the Viewtron NVR (because the NVR has built-in PoE ports). You can learn more about
CCTV POS integration with Viewtron NVRs and DVRs here.
Demo: Try Before You Buy!
Would you like to demo a Viewtron NVR before you decide to purchase one? CCTV Camera Pros has a demo surveillance system setup at our office using Viewtron NVRs and a variety of BNC and IP cameras that we supply. We will supply you with login information and instructions so that you can see what the user experience is like when you remotely access Viewtron from Mac, Windows, iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. If you need support along the way, we will provide you with help.
Optional Wireless Remote
Most of our customers prefer to use the USB mouse that is included to control their DVRs and NVRs. However, we do have an optional wireless remote control available. One function that customers do find useful to be able to control with the wireless remote is the ability to switch between live video display screen layouts. All of the other controls are much more convenient to access using the mouse that is included.
Download NVR Spec Sheet
Download NVR User Manual
This IP camera NVR is NDAA compliant. That means that it is not manufactured by any of the manufacturers on the NDAA (the National Defense Authorization Act) list of banned manufacturers. This NVR does not use any materials from banned manufacturers either. This NVR may safely be purchased for government use. You can download
CCTV Camera Pros NDAA letter of guarantee here. You can find our NDAA compliant cameras here.
5 Star Rated Customer Service
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau and an average of 5 star reviews at Reseller Ratings. We were able to achieve this through the outstanding technical support and customer service that our team provides to our customers.
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to be a US Veteran Owned small business. Our co-founder, Mike Haldas, served in the United States Marine Corps 1993-1997.