- What is a 180 security camera? - 180 security cameras have ultra-wide angle fisheye lenses to capture video surveillance footage at a viewing angle of approximately 180 degrees.
- Can they be used outdoors? - Yes, the above 180 cameras are enclosed in a weatherproof housing which allows them to be installed outdoors or indoors.
- Can they see in the dark? - Yes, the above 180 cameras have built-in IR LEDs (infrared) which allows them to see clearly in low light and zero light environments. There is a light sensor on the camera that detects when light levels are low and automatically switches the camera into infrared night vision mode.
- What type of DVR can they be connected to? - Our 180 cameras are 4-in-1 selectable HD-over-Coax type cameras. Users can easily choose AHD, HD-TVI, HDCVI, and analog CCTV (CVBS) video format using the small joystick that is attached to the camera's video cable. 1080p / 2 Megapixel HD video resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) is supported for AHD, HD-TVI, and HDCVI modes. 960H (960 x 480) resolution is supported in analog CCTV mode.
- What type of cable is used to wire 180 cameras? - 180 HD-over-Coax cameras can be wired to a surveillance DVR using spools of RG59 Siamese coax cable or pre-made Siamese security camera cable. Siamese cable runs both the video and power between the camera and DVR location. Please refer to these cable guides for more information.
- Can I view 180 degree cameras remotely? - If you connect these cameras to a DVR that supports remote access, then yes. CCTV Camera Pros highly recommends using an iDVR-PRO surveillance DVR with these fisheye cameras. You can learn about the remote camera viewing apps for iPhone, Android, Mac, and Windows here.
- I do not need to record video. How can I just setup a live view on a TV monitor? - You can setup these cameras strictly for live viewing by using an HD security camera to HDMI video converter.
- Can I use a 180 camera with other types of security camera? - Yes. As a matter of fact, most of the video surveillance systems that CCTV Camera Pros supplies are sold after we provide customers with a custom quote.
- What brand DVRs are compatible with 180 cameras? - Our 180 cameras can run in the following video modes: AHD, HD-TVI, HDCVI, and analog CCTV (CVBS). This makes them compatible with older analog CCTV DVRs and the latest HD DVRs from all major manufacturers including Swann, Samsung, Night Owl, Lorex, QSee, Defender, Digital Watch Dog, CCTV Camera Pros, and just about all others. If you need help determining compatibility with your DVR, please email CCTV Camera Pros here.
Do you need a complete video surveillance system that includes a 180 degree security camera? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a custom system quote that includes a mix of various HD camera styles, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors. As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2, 4, 8, and 16 camera surveillance systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different camera models that we carry. Use this form to request a quote.
When you request a quote, we will also send you login information to our demo system so that you can try out the remote viewing apps.
BBB Rating & Reviews
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau. We also maintain a 5 star online review rating with ResellerRatings.com.
Watch these video demos to see sample HD video surveillance footage recorded using our 180 security cameras.
AHD-BL25 Bullet-Style 180 Camera
This is a video demo recorded using our
AHD-BL25H bullet-style 180 degree camera.
HD-D180 Dome-Style 180 Camera
This is a video demo recorded using our
HD-D180 dome-style 180 degree camera.
Sample Surveillance Images
This is what the 180 degree angle of view looks like as it is captured using our
HD-D180 HD dome camera. Mike is standing almost directly below where the camera is mounted..
Many customers want to display a high definition live view of their 180 camera on a TV monitor. This can be done by converting the HD security camera signal to HDMI. This is how it works.
- Standard coaxial security camera cables with BNC connectors are used to connect the video output of the camera to the video input this HD security camera to HDMI converter (it works with AHD, HD-TVI, HDCVI, and Analog CCTV cameras).
- The HDMI output of the converter is connected to an HDMI input on a standard TV or monitor. These standard HDMI cables can be used.
One of the advantages of our 180 cameras is that they can use the same RG59 coax cable as traditional analog CCTV cameras and the cable runs can be just as long (max distance about 800 feet). Our RG59 Siamese cable options have been tested with AHD cameras and are guaranteed by CCTV Camera Pros to work with the AHD cameras that we supply.
Recommended HD Surveillance DVR
HD-over-Coax security cameras require a compatible HD DVR in order to capture high definition video. CCTV Camera Pros offers hybrid DVRs that work with both HD-TVI, AHD and standard definition CCTV cameras. We highly recommend our iDVR-PRO
hybrid DVRs. You can learn more about these DVRs here.