Mac Security Camera Software for Viewtron IP Cameras, DVRs
View Your Security Cameras Live with Mac Video Management software for Viewtron.
Introducing the Mac security camera software (Mac App) for Viewtron DVRs, NVRs, and network IP cameras. The software is called Viewtron VMS and it allows users to view their security cameras live, playback recorded video surveillance footage, control cameras, configure DVRs / NVRs, and perform many other functions over an IP network. The Macintosh app is able to connect to many DVRs, NVRs, and IP cameras at the same time. The software can display live video streams from
analog CCTV cameras, HD security cameras (AHD, HD-TVI, HD-CVI), and network IP cameras.
Users can access their security cameras on the local network where the DVR is located and also remotely over the Internet from anywhere in the world. Remote audio surveillance is also supported. Watch this video to see how easy it is to
setup the Mac software. You can also watch this video to see the Mac software connect to multiple security camera locations.
Watch this video to see Mike setup the Mac NVMS software (network video management) step by step, starting with downloading the NVMS from CCTV Camera Pros website.
View Your Security Camera System Remotely from iPhone, Android, Mac & Windows
Windows CMS Software
Viewtron also includes an
iPhone app, Android app, and Windows DVR viewer software. All of the apps and software are included for free with all Viewtron IP cameras and DVRs, and there are no monthly monitoring fees.
IP Camera Support
The Viewtron Mac software supports network IP cameras up to 4K resolution. The above image shows a home security camera system that uses a IP-D8 to monitor the front door. The camera is connected to a Viewtron hybrid DVR / NVR. The Mac software can connect directly to IP cameras and also to NVRs / DVRs.
BNC Security Camera / CCTV Support
The Mac software also supports security cameras that are wired using coax cable and BNC connectors. This includes the analog CCTV cameras and the latest HD-over-Coax security cameras, including CVBS, AHD, HD-TVI, and HD-CVI video formats. The above image shows a 4K-B9 security camera that is connected to a Viewtron DVR.
Mac Software Live View Controls
This article was written to help familiarize users with the graphical user interface, functions, and controls that are available in the software. You can also
watch a video demo here. CCTV Camera Pros has also created a library of setup and demo videos for the iDVR-PRO to help users learn about the many features of iDVR-PRO recorders and software apps that are included with them.
The above screenshot shows a live security camera view of the Viewtron video surveillance software for Mac. The various menus are noted in the
orange, red, blue, and green rectangles.
- Main Menu
- Home - Video management home screen where all functions of the VMS software can be accessed.
- 4 Camera View - 4 camera live view that is active in the above screenshot.
- Storage Playback - Recorded video search and playback screen.
- Operation and Maintinance Management - Device health status and logs.
- Alarm Center - Alarm input output settings.
- + Add Additional Live Views - The plus icon allows users to add additional live view screens to the menu.
- PTZ Camera Controls - If one or more PTZ cameras are connected to the DVR, the pan tilt zoom movements of those cameras can be controlled using the buttons in this section.
- Camera Grid - Users can click on these grid icons to select 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, and 36 camera grid views. OSD menu, audio broadcast, alarm trigger, show / hide intelligent sensor areas, save new view functions are also on this menu.
- Camera Controls - Individual camera controls including: Start local recording, audio on / off, still snapshot, PTZ controls, digital zoom in / out, full screen, talkback, and open camera settings screen
Recorded Video Surveillance Playback
When the Storage Playback screen is accessed, the software displays a calendar and timeline so that users can search through surveillance video recorded on their DVR's hard drive. Time search can be done on the local network where the DVR is located and also remotely over the Internet. The main controls are below.
- Calendar Date Selection - the calendar is used to select the month and day that the user wants to playback.
- Display Grid - when playing back recorded video, users can select 1, 4, 9 and 16 camera display modes.
- Player Controls - the video player controls allow users to play video in forward and reverse at standard and fast speeds. Users can also pause the video.
- Timeline - the timeline scrubber lets users select the exact time of video to playback. The timeline area also displays the type of recording that took place on the timeline, such as manual, schedule, motion, video analysis, sensor, smart event, line pass, and behavior analysis. These types of video recordings are displayed in different colors which are noted in the legend below the timeline.
Watch this video to see the Mac security camera software connect to a Mike's home security system DVR and an Viewtron IP camera installed at CCTV Camera Pros business location.
Watch this video to see the how the Viewtron NVMS (network video management software) can be used to centrally view security cameras from multiple locations. The Viewtron software for Mac and Windows PCs is able to connect remotely to multiple
IP camera NVRs, hybrid BNC security camera DVRs, and even directly to Viewtron network IP cameras. Custom views can be configured that consists of cameras from different locations.
The Mac software for Viewtron supports remote control of PTZ cameras (pan, tilt, zoom). Here is a snapshot of the Viewtron
IP-PTZ-425 auto-tracking PTZ camera being remotely accessed and controlled. You can see the PTZ controls in the lower left.
Learn more about Viewtron Security Camera DVRs / NVRs
Learn more about the latest Viewtron HD Security Camera DVRs and NVRs.
Works with Analog CCTV, Network IP, and HD BNC Security Cameras
Users can mix and match different camera technologies. This is perfect for customers that have existing CCTV cameras and want to upgrade to high definition over time. Hybrid iDVR-PROs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
4K security cameras
- AHD Cameras (720p, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 4K / 8mp / 4K)
- HD-TVI Cameras (720p, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 4K / 8mp / 4K)
- HD-CVI Cameras (720p, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 4K / 8mp / 4K)
- Network IP Cameras - ONVIF compatible IP cameras up to 4K resolution supported
- Analog CCTV Cameras (all analog resolution supported including CIF, D1, 960H)
Request a Demo
If you do not currently have an iDVR-PRO and would like to log in to the demo unit at our office, please request a demo login below. You will be able to log in from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also log in from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please
click here to request a demo login.
Complete Security Camera Systems
Did you know? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a complete surveillance system quote that includes any Viewtron DVR or NVR model? We can include security cameras, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors. We can even mix and match IP cameras and HD BNC security cameras because Viewtron DVRs are hybrid. This means that they work with just about any type of security camera. As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2, 4, 8, and 16 camera surveillance systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different camera models that we carry. So, we can also provide you with a custom quote with as many cameras as you need and a mix of any combination of camera model(s) based on your project requirements. Please
request a quote when you are ready.