The WIFI-HDX8 is a wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver kit that supports up to 1080p@60Hz video resolution. This HDMI over WIFI extender also supports 2.0ch Audio and IR remote control transmission. Control your security camera DVR or other HDMI device from the remote TV location using the IR remote control transmitter and receiver that is included.
Although CCTV Camera Pros supplies this product mainly for security camera DVR applications, this is a general purpose wireless HDMI kit that can be used for TV DVRs, gaming systems, and any other type of HDMI wireless monitor installation. This kit is HDMI1.3, HDCP1.4, and DVI 1.0 compliant. Uninterrupted video transmission up to 100 meters / 329 feet is supported and end to end delays of less than 150 milliseconds. You can learn how
easy this system is to install here. We also have this video demo that you can watch.
- (1) Wireless HDMI Transmitter
- (1) Wireless HDMI Receiver
- IR Remote Control Transmitter and Receiver Included
- HDMI 1.3, HDCP 1.4, DVI 1.0 Compliant
- 5G Wireless Antennas = No Interference
- Supports up to 1080p HD Resolution at 60Hz
- H.265 High Performance Video Codec
- Wireless Transmission up to 100 Meters / 329 Feet
- End-to-End Video Delay under 150Ms
- 2.0ch Audio Support via LPCM
- Simple Plug and Play Setup
- (2) Power Supplies Included
Watch this video to see see how easy it is to use the WIFI-HDX8 kit to create a live security camera display monitor over a wireless bridge. The kit even lets you control the DVR from the display monitor using the infrared remote control that is included with the DVR. This is the
security camera DVR that we used in the video demo.
This installation diagram shows how to install the WIFI-HDX8 kit to transmit the HDMI output of an
iDVR-PRO security camera DVR over WIFI to a HDTV. The HDTV is used to display a live security camera view in a different room from where the DVR is installed.
This is how it works.
- The orange line represent HDMI cables.
- The green lines with the circles on the end represent the IR remote control receiver and IR transmitter. These are included with the WIFI-HDX8 system but are optional to use.
- The HDMI output of the DVR connects to the HDMI input on the transmitter antenna.
- The HDMI output of the receiving antenna connects to the HDMI input of the display monitor / TV.
- The IR receiver is connected to the IR input on the receiving antenna.
- The IR remote signal is sent over the same wireless bridge, except this signal goes in the other direction (back to the wireless transmitter back at the DVR location).
- The IR repeater / transmitter is connected to the transmitting antenna (DVR location) where the IR remote signal is repeated to the DVR. Please note that the IR transmitter must have a direct line of sight to the IR remote input port on the front of the DVR.
IR Remote Repeater / Extender
The infrared remote control repeater / extender is optional to use.
Here is a close-up of the wireless HDMI transmitter with the IR repeater attached and pointed towards the IR remote input on the DVR.
Here is a close-up of the wireless HDMI receiver with the IR receiver attached to the front of the TV monitor with the double sided tape that is included.
Wireless HDMI Encoder / Decoder
The HDMI transmitter, also referred to as the encoder, is labled with "ENC" on the top of the product. The HDMI input of the transmitter (ENC) gets connected to the HDMI output of your DVR or over HDMI device (if you are not using this system with a DVR). The HDMI receiver, is also referred to as the encoder, is labeled "DEC" on the top of the product. The HDMI output of the receiver (DEC) is connected to the HDMI input of the TV monitor.