IP68 Security Cameras, IP68 CCTV Cameras
These IP68 security cameras are commercial grade, extremely weatherproof, and made of much higher end materials than inexpensive consumer grade cameras. The international IP68 rating means they are certified to withstand dust, dirt and sand, as well as being resistant to water submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5 meters for up to thirty minutes. These CCTV cameras are often referred to as "vandal proof" because of the high impact camera housings, especially on the IP68 dome cameras. CCTV Camera Pros supplies different types of IP68 rated cameras including analog CCTV cameras (CVBS), AHD cameras, and HD-TVI cameras. Our AHD and HD-TVI cameras support 1080p / 2 megapixel resolution. Learn more by reading our
IP68 camera FAQ.
- What is an IP68 security camera? - IP68 security cameras have a higher weatherproof rating than typical security cameras. Most are higher end / commercial grade cameras. IP68 cameras are certified to withstand dust, dirt and sand, as well as being resistant to water submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5 meters for up to thirty minutes.
- Can they be used outdoors? - Yes, because of their high weatherproof rating, they are an excellent choice for outdoor installations even in harsh climates.
- Can they also be installed indoors? - Yes. Our vandal-proof dome cameras are very often used indoors in areas that are prone to crime and vandalism. We have supplied many vandal dome cameras to prison systems in the United States.
- Do they have built-in IR night vision? - Most of the IP68 cameras that we supply have built-in IR night vision capability. Please check the product specification for the model that you are interested in.
- What type of DVR can IP68 cameras be connected to? - CCTV Camera Pros has analog CCTV (CVBS) and HD-over-Coax type cameras available. Both of these cameras types are compatible with our best selling iDVR-PRO surveillance DVRs.
- How do I select the video mode output? - For our hybrid cameras that support more than one video mode, you can select video mode using the small joystick that is attached to the camera video cable. Please refer to this image.
- What type of cable is used to wire IP 68 cameras? - Analog CCTV and HD-over-Coax cameras can be wired to a surveillance DVR using spools of RG59 Siamese coax cable or pre-made Siamese security camera cable. Siamese cable runs both the video and power between the camera and DVR location. Please refer to these cable guides for more information.
- Can I view these cameras remotely? - If you connect these cameras to a DVR that supports remote access, then yes. CCTV Camera Pros highly recommends using an iDVR-PRO surveillance DVR with these cameras. You can learn about the remote camera viewing apps for iPhone, Android, Mac, and Windows here.
- I do not need to record video. How can I just setup a live view on a TV monitor? - You can setup these cameras strictly for live viewing by using an HD security camera to HDMI video converter.
- What brand DVRs are compatible with these cameras? - We have AHD, HD-TVI, and analog CCTV (CVBS) format cameras available. This makes them compatible with older analog CCTV DVRs and the latest HD DVRs from all major manufacturers including Swann, Samsung, Night Owl, Lorex, QSee, Defender, Digital Watch Dog, CCTV Camera Pros, and just about all others. If you need help determining compatibility with your DVR, please email CCTV Camera Pros here.
- Can IP68 cameras be used in marine camera installations? - Yes. We actually have a few marine tech and boat manufacturers that purchase video multiplexers and cameras from us for use on yacht display systems. You can learn more about boat camera display systems here.
- Are these cameras 12V DC or 24VAC? - Actually, all of our IP68 cameras are dual voltage and can be used with either type of power supply. 24VAC allows installers to run the power cable to the camera longer distances.
Do you need a complete video surveillance system that includes IP68 rated security cameras? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a custom system quote that includes a mix of various HD camera styles, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors. As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2, 4, 8, and 16 camera surveillance systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different camera models that we carry. Use this form to request a quote.
When you request a quote, we will also send you login information to our demo system so that you can try out the remote viewing apps.
BBB Rating & Reviews
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau. We also maintain a 5 star online review rating with ResellerRatings.com.
Watch these video demos to see sample video surveillance footage recorded using some of the IP68 surveillance cameras that we supply.
HD-TVI-BL2 Bullet-style IP68 Camera
This is a video demo recorded using our
HD-TVI-BL2 bullet-style IP68 security camera in 1080p / 2 megapixel resolution.
AHD-AD24H Vandal-proof Dome Camera
This is a video demo recorded using our
AHD-AD24H Vandal-proof Dome Camera in 1080p / 2 megapixel resolution.
Sample Surveillance Images
The above image was captured using the HD-TVI-BL2 that is mounted in CCTV Camera Pros warehouse. You can see that this camera works great for indoor surveillance even though it is outdoor rated. Please click on the above image to see the full size 2mp / 1080p resolution.
This image was also captured with the lights off in the warehouse to test the infrared / night vision mode of the HD-TVI-BL2. You can see that the camera's built-in IR LEDs do a great job of evenly illuminating this entire space. Please click on the above image to see the full size 2mp / 1080p resolution.
Some of our cameras support multiple video modes. These are sometimes referred to as hybrid BNC cameras. Installers can easily select the video mode of our hybrid BNC cameras using the small joystick that is attached to the camera's video cable. Simply hold the joystick in any direction for 5 seconds to switch to that video mode.
Many customers want to display a high definition live view of their surveillance camera on a TV monitor. This can be done by converting the HD camera signal to HDMI. This is how it works.
- Standard coaxial security camera cables with BNC connectors are used to connect the video output of the camera to the video input this HD security camera to HDMI converter (it works with AHD, HD-TVI, HDCVI, and Analog CCTV cameras).
- The HDMI output of the converter is connected to an HDMI input on a standard TV or monitor. These standard HDMI cables can be used.
The IP68 cameras on this page use RG59 coax cable. This is the same coax cable that has been used to install traditional analog CCTV cameras for decades. Our RG59 Siamese cable options have been tested with the cameras on this page and are guaranteed by CCTV Camera Pros to work.
Recommended HD Surveillance DVR
CCTV Camera Pros offers hybrid DVRs that work with both HD-TVI, AHD and standard definition analog CCTV cameras (CVBS). We highly recommend our iDVR-PRO
hybrid DVRs. You can learn more about these DVRs here.