Boat Camera System Video Multiplexers, Multiple Camera Monitor Display
Does your boat have multiple
cameras from which you need combine video for live display on a single monitor? Do you need to split your camera video signal to display live video on multiple TVs on your Yacht. CCTV Camera Pros works with yacht manufacturers and marine mechanics to supply video multiplexers, video splitters, IP68 security cameras (weatherproof) for marine installations.
Our video multiplexers work with most coax cable / BNC connector type cameras including analog CVBS (NTSC / PAL), HD-TVI, AHD, and HD-CVI video formats. You may combine the video signals from CCTV surveillance cameras, Flir thermal cameras, underwater cameras, engine room cameras, back-up cameras, and any other type of camera that your boat uses. The wireless remote control allows you to easily switch between various screen layouts. These multiplexers are extremely simple to setup. Learn more by
reading our FAQ and how-to setup diagrams here. Please call or email us if you need help.
Multiple Camera Monitor Display for a Yachts
CCTV Camera Pros would like to thank Viking Yachts for supplying the above image. Viking uses our
VM-HD4 HD CCTV multiplexer on many of their Yacht builds. The marine electronics technician that we work with described their use of the multiplexer as follows.
"We primarily use these quad processors with various marinized SD and HD cameras installed around the yachts. Typical installation locations are in the engine room to monitor the engines from the helm area, rear view and forward view cameras to assist with docking the vessel, and FLIR Thermal cameras to help locate objects in the water at night. Our displays at the helm don't always have enough BNC video inputs on them, so we use these quad processors to display all the cameras simultaneously.
We have also taken advantage of the IR remote and integrated them into our URC Total Control automation systems so customers can flip through cameras via universal remote or through an app on their mobile device. We have gone though several variations of these quad processors over the years and this one has been the most flexible in what it can do. The different format outputs have been especially helpful when distributing the video around the boat."
Here is an example camera installation on a Yacht where four cameras are connected to a video multiplexer to display the live video from all cameras on one screen. Please note that different types of cameras can be used. For example, we have customers that monitor their yacht's engine room and have underwater hull cameras. We have other customers that wanted to have their security cameras on the exterior and interior displayed on the TV in the boat captain's sleep quarters.
This diagram show how the video signals from 4 cameras are combined for display on a single monitor. This is how it works.
- RG59 Siamese coax cable is used to wire the cameras to the video multiplexer. The coaxial portion of the Siamese cable (blue line above) connects the BNC video output of the camera to the BNC video input of the multiplexer. These BNC connectors are crimped on the RG59 cable.
- The power cable built into the Siamese cable is connected to a 12V DC power source. You can use individual DC transformers that are included with the camera or a multiple camera DC power supply box like this. You can also tap into an existing 12V DC power source if you already have one on your boat.
- The VM-HD4 multiplexer has 3 video outputs: HDMI, VGA, and BNC, which make it compatible with just about every marine monitor.
- The dome cameras that are use in the above application are these IP68 rated armor dome cameras. They are very popular for use in marine and other harsh environments.
- My boat already has cameras. Can I use my existing cameras with a CCTV Camera Pros multiplexer? Yes. Many of our customers use our multiplexers with existing marine cameras. We also have customers that have a few cameras that they want to use and we supply additional cameras.
- What type of monitor can I use? - You can use just about any marine monitor that has an HDMI, VGA, or BNC video input.
- Can I use a standard TV for display? - You can use any TV that has an HDMI video input.
- Can I use a computer monitor? - Yes, you can use a computer monitor.
- How can I display my cameras on more than one monitor? - We have these video splitters available. We can design custom solutions for you. Please contact us of you have questions.
- Does CCTV Camera Pros supply marine cameras? - Yes. Our IP68 rated security cameras are great for marine applications because of their high weatherproof rating and higher end housing materials.
Additional Boat Camera System Equipment
In addition to the above live video display systems, here is some additional camera system equipment that marine technicians and boat builders source from CCTV Camera Pros.
IP68 Security Cameras
IP68 weatherproof rated cameras are very popular for boat and Yacht installation because of the extra high moisture rating.
IP68 security cameras withstand dust, dirt and sand, and are resistant to water submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m for up to thirty minutes. We have the following IP68 rated analog CCTV cameras and HD security cameras available that work with our video multiplexers.
Siamese cable is used to run both video and power to / from cameras. Our
pre-made HD security camera cable works with all BNC / coax type cameras including analog CVBS (NTSC / PAL), AHD, HD-TVI, HD-CVI, and HD-SDI. Spools of RG59 Siamese cable can be cut to any length that you require.
Power Supply Boxes
If you are installing more than a few cameras, you probably want to use a
multi-camera power supply box instead of individual power supplies. We have 12V DC and 24VAC power supply boxes available.
Large boats and Yachts often need live video displayed on multiple monitors or TVs. Sharing the video signal from your camera(s) with multiple monitors can be acheived using
CCTV video splitters.
CCTV test monitors are very useful when mounting and focusing cameras.
Do you need something more custom than the systems on this page? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a custom camera system quote that includes a mix of various camera styles. Please contact us here and let us know what you require.
BBB Rating & Reviews
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau. We also maintain a 5 star online review rating with ResellerRatings.com.