The VM-HD16 is a 16 channel HD CCTV video multiplexer that supports analog CVBS cameras and HD security cameras (AHD, HD-TVI, HD-CVI) up to 4K resolution. Each of the 16 BNC video inputs accepts any of the supported CCTV camera types. PAL or NTSC standard cameras can be used. Check out this video demo and these screenshots to see the unit at CCTV Camera Pros warehouse that has 1080p AHD and HD-TVI cameras connected to it.
In addition to the 16 BNC video inputs, there are 16 BNC loop outputs - one for each input. This is provided so that video from each camera can optionally be connected to a second device.
The VM-HD16 supports dual monitor output, which means that the HDMI and VGA outputs can both be used at the same time. In addition, the analog BNC video output can also be used with both the HDMI and VGA outputs connected. The HDMI video output supports up to 4K resolution.
The VM-HD16 has an HDMI, VGA, and analog BNC (CVBS) video output so the video can be connected to a standard HDMI monitor, VGA monitor, or analog BNC monitor. Please note that for high definition 1080p or 720p video output, the HDMI or VGA output must be used. The analog BNC output supports 720x480 resolution (NTSC) and 720 x 576 resolution (PAL).
An infrared wireless remote control is included with the VM-HD16 multiplexer which can be used to control the screen views and to access the other screen display settings. The VM-HD16 is built in a 1U rack-mountable case. The rack-mount kit is included. This product includes a 2-year manufacturer warranty direct from CCTV Camera Pros.
VM-HD16 HD CCTV Multiplexer Features
- 16 Channel Color Video Multiplexer
- 16 Channel BNC Video Inputs
- 16 Channel BNC Video Loop Outputs
- 1 HDMI Video Out - 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1440 x 900, 720p/50/60, 1080p@50Hz, 1080p@60Hz, 4K@25Hz, 4k@30Hz
- 1 VGA Video Out - 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1440 x 900, 720p/50/60, 1080p@50Hz, 1080p@60Hz, 4K@25Hz, 4k@30Hz
- 1 Analog BNC Monitor Output: Supported Resolutions: 720 x 480 NTSC, 720 x 576 PAL
- Dual Monitor Output Supported - VGA and HDMI video outputs can be used at the same time.
- Supports Analog CCTV Cameras
- Supported HD BNC Camera Resolutions: 1mp / 720p, 2mp / 1080p, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 8mp / 4K
- Supports HD CCTV Cameras up to 4K: AHD, HD-TVI, HDCVI
- Supports NTSC and PAL Video Formats
- HDMI / VGA Video Output - 1080p 50/60, 720p 50/60, 1440 x 900, 1280 x 1024, 1024 x 768
- Analog Video Output - 720 x 480 NTSC, 720 x 576 PAL
- Real-time Live Video Display Refresh Rate
- Configurable Channel Sequence / Dwell Time Programming
- User-friendly front panel design and on-screen display set-up menu
- Adjust Individual Camera Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue, and Sharpness
- High-Performance Image Freeze Function
- Selectable Digital Zoom Area
- Customizable Camera Title Text Overlay
- Wireless Infrared Remote Control
- DC Power Supply is Included
- 1U Rack-mount Case
- Rack Mount Included
- Dimensions: 420mm x 200mm x 45mm
- 1 Year Warranty from CCTV Camera Pros
- Note: This product was updated to support 4K security cameras in August 2021
Watch this video demo to see multiple 1080p AHD cameras and 1080p HD-TVI cameras connected to the VM-HD16 at CCTV Camera Pros office. The wireless remote is used to switch between all of the different display modes and configuration screens.
The following screenshots were captured with a mix of 1080p AHD and 1080p HD-TVI security cameras connected to a VM-HD16 multiplexer. The HDMI video output of the VM-HD16 was used to capture these images.
Single Screen / Full Screen / Single Camera
The single-camera view displays one camera, full screen. Users can select any of the 16 channels to be displayed by using the numbered channels on the wireless remote control.
Quad Screen / 4 Camera View / 4 Channel Screen
The quad view displays 4 cameras on a grid. Users can toggle between channels 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16, by pressing the quad button on the wireless remote control multiple times to cycle through.
9 Camera View / 9 Channel Screen
The 9 channel view displays the video from cameras 1-9 camera on a grid. Users can toggle between channels 1-9 and 8-16, by pressing on the 9 camera grid button on the wireless remote control.
16 Camera View / 16 Channel Screen
The 16 channel view displays all 16 cameras that are connected to the multiplexer.
2 Camera View / Vertical Dual Screen
The two camera view (vertical) view displays 2 cameras on one screen side-by-side. The two camera view is enabled by pressing the Mode button on the remote control. Users can select which two cameras are displayed by accessing the Mode Settings.
2 Camera View / Horizontal Dual Screen
The two camera view (horizontal) view displays 2 cameras on one screen, one on top of the other. The two camera view is enabled by pressing the Mode button on the remote control. Users can select which two cameras are displayed by accessing the Mode Settings.
3 Camera View
The three camera view displays cameras 1-3.
Alternate 4 Camera / Quad View
The alternative quad view displays 4 cameras with a large view of camera 1 on the left and cameras 2-4 smaller and on the right. The alternate quad camera view can be enabled by pressing the Mode button on the remote control.
6 Camera View
The six camera view displays camera 1 large in the upper left and cameras 2-5 smaller around camera 1. The six camera view can be enabled by pressing the Mode button on the remote control.
PIP Mode (Picture-In-Picture)
The PIP view displays one camera full screen and a smaller view of a second camera in the lower right. The picture in picture mode can be enabled by pressing the Mode button on the remote control.
PIP Mode / 2 Camera Mode Settings
The cameras that are displayed in PIP mode and 2 channel mode can be configured by accessing the Mode Setting screen.
Auto Sequence / Single Screen Camera Rotation
The auto-sequence mode displays a single camera full screen and rotates the view from one camera to the next. The pause / hold time for each camera can be configured on the auto-sequence settings screen.
This image shows the VM-HD16 with the rack mount ears attached. This is a 1U sized case.
Wireless Remote Control
The infrared wireless remote control that is included wit the VM-HD16 allows the user to control all major operations of the multiplexer. Users can change to any of the supported display modes, digital zoom, freeze screen, access and navigate the configuration menu.
Specification and User Manual
Click to download the VM-HD16 Product Specification and User Manual.