The AHD-AD24H is a vandal-proof dome HD security camera with built-in infrared LEDs for day and night video surveillance. This CCTV camera supports the following video resolutions / video modes: 1080p AHD, HD-TVI, HD-CVI and 720p AHD, and analog CCTV / CVBS 960H. The
video modes can be selected using the OSD joystick. This vandal dome camera can be used with AHD DVRs and analog CCTV DVRs.
The AHD-AD24H is enclosed in an indoor / outdoor, weatherproof dome enclosure. The
2.8 ~ 12mm varifocal lens allows installers to adjust the angle of view from a very wide field to a more narrow and zoomed in one. This camera uses an HD Sony Progressive Scan CMOS image sensor that is capable of capturing 1080p resolution ( 1920 x 1080 / 2 megapixel ) video surveillance over RG59 coaxial cable. As with all AHD cameras, they must be used with an AHD compatible DVR.
This 1080p camera has
24 infrared LEDs, which allow the camera to operate in low light and zero light environments up to 65 feet. The smart IR technology enables the camera to automatically adjust the intensity of the infrared lighting based on the distance objects are located from the camera. Please check out these surveillance photos captured by the AHD-AD24H. You can also watch HD surveillance video demos here.
The housing on the AHD-AD24H is
IP67 weatherproof rated and protects the vital components of the camera from harsh weather, rain, humidity, dust, and impact. We also have this optional indoor / outdoor junction box available.
Installers can easily access a menu (on-screen display) that allows them to adjust the camera's image settings using a joystick located on the camera.
Digital Noise Reduction produces better image quality by removing graininess, especially useful in black & white mode when the IR LEDs are active. Other settings such as brightness, gain, low light intensity (SENSUP) can also be adjusted using the OSD. This camera can be powered by a 12V DC or 24VAC power supply.
For environments with challenging lighting conditions, such as bright backlighting, the AHD-AD24H uses
Digital Wide Dynamic Range Enhancement. Digital WDR works by combining the brightest part of the image with the darkest part to create a single highly detailed image.
If you do not need to record video and would like to connect this camera directly to a TV / HDMI monitor for live view only, a
BNC to HDMI converter add-on option is available with this camera.
AHD-AD24H 1080p Security Camera
- 1/2.8" Sony Exmor CMOS Image Sensor
- 1080p / 2 Megapixel Lens
- Supports 1080p AHD, TVI, HD-CVI Video Formats
- Supports Analog CCTV / CVBS 960H Video
- Video Connector: BNC
- Power Connector: Screw Terminals (2.1mm Pigtail Included)
- Supports NTSC and PAL Video Formats
- Compatible AHD DVRs (analog high definition) and analog CCTV DVRs
- 2.8mm ~ 12mm Varifocal Lens
- 24 IR LEDs for Low Light & Zero Light Video Surveillance
- 20 Meter / 65 Foot Effective Infrared Range
- White dome base
- IP67 Rated Weatherproof Enclosure
- Tri-axis mount for ceiling or wall installations
- Optional Wall Mount Bracket
- Infrared for low light and zero light applications
- .01 LUX without IRs / 0 LUX with IRs on
- Sense-Up Intensifier Technology (Up to x30)
- Digital WDR / Digital Wide Dynamic Range
- Advanced On Screen Display controls via push buttons(located within the dome cover)
- OSD allows for control over light sensitivity, exposure, white balance, day/night, digital noise reduction, color, and sharpness adjustments
- Dual Voltage Input: 12V DC / 24 VAC
The above videos were captured by connecting an AHD-AD24H camera to a surveillance DVR using RG59 coaxial cable. Please select 1080p video resolution in the lower right of the YouTube video player and watch in full-screen mode to see the best quality video.
The above image was captured using the AHD-AD24H. All of the lights are on in the room. The camera is in daytime / color mode.
This image was captured using the AHD-AD24H with all of the lights turned off on the room. The infrared LEDs that are built into the camera provide enough illumination to see this entire room clearly. This room is 29 feet by 30 feet.
iOS Mobile App Viewing
When the AHD-AD24H is connected to an iDVR-PRO HD surveillance DVR, users can log in from remotely over the Internet to view their camera live in HD video quality. Check out the below images to see this camera being viewed using the
iDVR-PRO Viewer app for iOS on an iPhone.
Android Mobile App Viewing
These images were captured while using the
iDVR-PRO Viewer mobile app for Android. The camera is connected to an iDVR-PRO DVR and we are accessing the DVR remotely over the Internet. A single camera view of the AHD-AD24H camera is selected in the app.
This is the infrared view with all of the lights off in the room. The blackout blinds are shut and there is zero light in the room.
BNC to HDMI converter can be ordered with this camera. The converter allows you to connect your security camera to a TV via the HDMI input of your TV. In addition to the BNC video input on the converter, there is also a BNC loop output so that you can connect the camera to a DVR in addition to a TV / monitor. The BNC loop output is optional to use.
This device can be used solely as a way to connect your security camera to a TV for a live view only or you can also use the BNC output to also connect the camera's video to a second device, such as a DVR for recording video surveillance footage. You can see this in the above installation diagram.
Complete HD Surveillance Systems
This camera is available individually and also as part of these complete
1080p HD surveillance systems which include cables, DVR, power supply, and an optional monitor.
CCTV Camera Pros can also build a custom system quote based on any number and types of cameras that you require. You can
request a quote here.
AHD-AD24H product spec here.
VT-J302 security camera junction box is an optional installation mount for this camera. There is a bottom and side cable inlet and the cable leads from your camera can neatly be concealed inside this weatherproof enclosure. When the bottom inlet is used, the inlet plug can be moved to the size inlet. This junction box can be used for ceiling or wall mount installations. You can also use this pole mount bracket or this corner mount bracket in conjunction with this junction box.
This is what the camera looks like when mounted to the optional junction box.
AHD-AD24H Optional Wall Mount Bracket
The AHD-AD24H is capable of being wall mounted without a bracket, however, this optional
dome camera wall mount bracket is available. It is outdoor rated and has the following dimensions - 9 3/4" (Arm Length) x 6" (Wall Mount Base Plate) x 6" (Camera Mount Plate).
Recommended Surveillance Installations / Applications
CCTV Camera Pros recommends the AHD-AD24H for the following types of video surveillance installations and applications.
- Indoor or Outdoor surveillance
- With the IP67 rated outdoor housing, this camera can stand up to harsh outdoor climates.
- The housing is also vandal resistant, so it makes for a great indoor camera with areas prone to vandalism and tampering.
- Systems which require HD video resolution
- Different lighting level: bright light, low light or total darkness
- Areas with intense background lighting are OK also by using the cameras digital wide dynamic range (WDR) capability
- Ceiling mount or wall mount application using the tri-axis mount of the camera lens to orient the lens to the needed angle.
- Great for residential, commercial, and government surveillance installations
- Camera is recommended to be mounted a total distance of between 5 and 50 feet away from target surveillance area. Refer to CCTV camera lens chart.
- Camera has a 2.8 to 12mm varifocal lens and can be adjusted during installation to the field of view preference of the customer.
- We highly recommend the use of this camera with an Viewtron recorder. Additional information about Viewtron can be found below.
Compatible with Viewtron 4K CCTV DVRs
This camera works great with
Viewtron security camera DVRs. Viewtron 4K CCTV DVRs are hybrid. They support analog CCTV cameras, HD BNC cameras and network IP cameras up to 4K resolution.
Custom Systems Designs & Quotes
CCTV Camera Pros designs custom video surveillance systems for customers and can provide a free quotes via email. In addition, you can schedule a free telephone consultation with a Pro.
We realize that requirements can vary and some customers need to mix and match various model cameras. Some customers have questions and prefer to speak with a professional designer on the phone. You can
request a free telephone consultation here. You can request a free custom quote here. You can also just email us directly instead of filling out a form here.
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau and an average of 5 star reviews at Reseller Ratings. We were able to achieve this through the outstanding technical support and customer service that our team provides to our customers.