The VT-AX4D2 is an audio / visual alarm security camera system that includes (2) 4mp dome alarm cameras, (1) 8ch 4K NVR, and (2) 100ft CAT5E network cables. The Viewtron network video recorder has 8ch PoE (power over Ethernet) built-in which makes this system extremely simple to install. Simply connect each camera to the back of the recorder using the CAT5 cable that is included. This NVR also supports many AI functions when used with
Viewtron AI security cameras.
IP-AX4D alarm security cameras that are included have built-in audio warnings and alarm lights for active crime deterrence. This dome-style active deterrent camera also has built-in IR night vision, PoE (Power over Ethernet), and a microphone for audio surveillance and 2-way audio communications.
The 2.8mm fixed lens captures a 108 degree field of view. The artificial intelligence software of the camera supports the following video analytics functions: vehicle detection, person detection, and human face detection. This network IP camera is enclosed in a IP66 rated weatherproof housing so that it can be used for indoor and outdoor installations.
demo video surveillance footage and check out these
surveillance images captured with this system.
The NVR and IP cameras included with this system come with a 2-year warranty and lifetime USA based technical support provided directly from CCTV Camera Pros.
PoE IP Camera System
The built-in PoE ports on the Viewtron NVR enable a simple, plug and play installation. There are 8 PoE network ports on the back of the
8ch NVR (standard RJ-45 Ethernet), and 16 PoE ports on the 16ch NVR model. Using the pre-made CAT5 cable included with the system, simply connect each camera to a port on the NVR. The NVR will detect the camera and add it to the system. For the monitor display, users can use the HDMI or VGA video outputs, or both if you want to use two monitors.
Remote Security Camera Viewing Apps & Software Included
Viewtron NVRs include mobile apps for iPhone and Android. Desktop software for Mac and Windows is also included for free. You can view your security cameras live and playback recorded video on your DVR from all of these platforms - remotely over the Internet.
You own everything and there are no monthly fees!
Viewtron IP Camera NVR with AI Functions
This is the
8ch IP camera NVR that is included with this system.
- Type: Stand Alone Embedded Linux Operating System
- Video Input: 8 RJ-45 Network Connection Inputs with PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Power over Ethernet: 8ch RJ-45, 802.3af, Output Power ≤ 150W
- Supported IP Cameras: Viewtron, All ONVIF Compatible IP Camera Brands
- Supported Camera Resolutions: 720p / 1mp, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 6mp, 8mp / 4K
- Audio Surveillance Support: Yes. 8ch IP Camera Audio
- 2-Way Audio: Yes. 1 RCA Output for Speakers. 1 RCA Input for Microphone
- Recording Resolution: 720p / 1mp, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 6mp, 8mp / 4K, 30FPS per Channel
- Recording Modes: Manual, Continuous, Schedule, Motion Detection, Alarm, Smart Events
- AI Function Integration: Yes. Note: AI functions require Viewtron AI security cameras.
- Video Compression / Codec: H.264, H.265
- Monitor Outputs: HDMI, VGA
- HDMI Display: 4K Resolution, 3840 x 2160
- VGA Display: 1080p Resolution, 1920 x 1080
- Alarm Ports: 8 Inputs, 4 Outputs, Also Supports IP Camera Alarm Input
- Alarm Notification: Email, Push Notification to Mobile Apps, Desktop Software
- Mobile Apps: iPhone, Android
- VMS Software: Video Management Software for Mac and Windows PCs
- PTZ Camera Support: UTC (Up the Coax) Support to Control PTZ Over RG59 Video Cable
- Max Storage: 1 Hard Drive Bay, up tp 12TB
- Installed Storage: 1TB Hard Drive Included
- NVR Controls: USB Mouse Included. Wireless IR Remote Control Optional Add-On
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- Tech Support: Lifetime Technical Support Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- Detailed Specification: Download the product specification PDF file.
Please refer to the above diagram to see the location of various features.
- Microphone is used for audio surveillance and 2-way audio communication.
- Red and Blue LED alarm lights can be configured to turn on based on an alarm such as human detection or vehicle detection. Can be set to low, medium, and high illumination.
- Speaker is used for voice audio warnings, audio sirens, and 2-way audio communication.
- Infrared LEDs provide IR night vision up to 150 feet.
In addition to the built in audio and video alarms, the IP-AX4D can also be integrated with external alarm sensors. See additional explanation below
- PoE (Power over Ethernet) supplies connectivity and power to the camera over a single CAT5E or CAT6 network cable. Can be connected directly to a PoE port on a Viewtron IP camera NVR.
- 1 channel audio input for external surveillance microphone support.
- 1 port alarm input can be connected to an external switch or sensor, such as a magnetic door sensor or PIR motion detector.
- 1 port alarm output can be used to trigger an external alarm device such as a strobe light or audio siren. 30VDC 1 Amp max load.
- 12V DC Power Input can be used for non-PoE installations
Junction Box Installation Mount (Optional)
VT-J302 security camera junction box has pre-threaded screw mount holes specifically for the IP-AX4D camera. There is a bottom and side inlet for cable. When the bottom inlet is used, the inlet plug can be moved to the size inlet.
IP-AX4D Alarm Camera Features
Important Note: AI cameras can only be configured for one type of AI function. For example, you can not setup an AI camera to do both intrusion zone detection and line crossing detection at the same time. If you need to perform 2 different types of AI functions, then you need 2 cameras.
- Video Output: Network IP / RJ-45 Network Connection, ONVIF Protocol Compliant
- Video Format: H.264, H.264s, H.265, H.265+, H.265s, MJPEG
- Supported Resolutions: 4mp, 2K, 3mp, 1080p, 720p, D1, CIF, 480 x 240
- Video Frame Rate: Supports 30 FPS (frames per second) at all resolutions including 8mp / 4K
- Image Sensor: 1/2.8" CMOS
- Infrared: Yes. Built-in IR Night Vision. Up to 50 Meter / 150 Feet
- Weatherproof: Yes. IP66 Housing. Indoor / Outdoor Installation
- Lens: Fixed 2.8mm Lens / 108° Field of View
- Audio Surveillance: Built-in Audio Microphone, Plus 1ch Audio Input
- 2-Way Audio: Yes. Supported from Mobile Apps and Desktop software
- Speaker: Yes. Provides automated alarm warnings and 2-way audio communications
- Alarm Light: Yes. Blue and red alarm warning lights can be triggered automatically and manually from NVR, desktop software and mobile apps
- Alarm Input: Yes. 1 Port Alarm input
- Alarm Output: Yes. 1 Port alarm Output. Max Load 30VDC, 1 Amp
- Style: White Turret Dome, Metal
- Installation: Ceiling or Wall Mount Tri-Axis, Optional Wall Bracket / Junction Box
- Remote Viewing: Yes. iPhone App, Android App, Mac Software, Windows Software Included
- Power: DC12V DC Power supply or PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Image Control: Digital Wide Dynamic Range Function, 3D DNR (Digital Noise Reduction)
- SD Card Slot: Yes. Built-in micro SD card slot supports up to 256GB micro SD card
- Analytics: Yes. People Detection, Vehicle Detection, Perimeter Protection, Intrusion Zone Detection, Exception Detection.
- NDAA Compliant IP Camera
The above image shows the dimensions of the IP-AX4D in millimeters. For reference 217.7mm = 8.57 inches. 80.5mm = 3.17 inches.
Intelligent Video Analytics
The IP-AX4D is has built-in software for advanced video analytics. The following Intelligent Video Analytics are supported by this camera.
- Perimeter Protection - Line crossing, region entrance/exiting/intrusion (human/motor vehicle/ non-motor vehicle classification)
- Exception Detection - Scene change, video blur and video color cast detection
Watch this video demo to learn how-to setup human object detection and an intrusion zone using the AI software built into this camera. When a person is detected intruding in the detection zone at Mike's front door, the camera's alarm light comes on and an audio warning plays on the speaker. This setup and recording was performed with the IP-AX4D connected to a
Viewtron IP camera NVR.
The following snapshot images were captured using the
Viewtron mobile app for iPhone and Android. You can click on the images to see the full resolution 4 megapixel image.
To capture these snapshots, the IP-AX4D is connected to a Viewtron NVR and the NVR was accessed remotely using the iPhone app. In the app, users can easily capture snapshot images and save them their phone.
Here is another snapshot captured from the app. This was was captured at night to show the camera's IR night vision capability.
Viewtron NVRs have built-in PoE ports that allow you to plug PoE IP cameras directly into the Ethernet ports. The NVR provides power to the cameras over these PoE ports, and the cameras automatically connect to the NVR software. This makes installation extremely easy for DIY and professional installers. We highly recommend
Viewtron IP cameras with PoE for use with these NVRs.
Here is some additional information about the ports on the back of the NVR (starting from left to right).
- The power supply adapter that is included with the NVR plugs into this port. (labeled in purple)
- To the right of the PoE ports, there is a LAN port. If you plan on connecting your NVR to a network and / or the Internet, you will use this port to connect to your router or switch with Ethernet cable (CAT5 or CAT6).
- Viewtron NVRs have HDMI and VGA monitor outputs. Both of these monitor outputs can be used at the same time (dual monitor support).
- The USB port can be used for the mouse that is included or to connect a USB drive for video backup / export.
- There is one audio input port for an audio surveillance microphone. There is one audio output to connect external speakers.
- Burglar alarm sensors can be integrated into these NVRs using the alarm input / alarm output ports.
Product Documents and Specifications
Custom Systems Designs & Quotes
In addition to the pre-packaged security camera systems that we supply, CCTV Camera Pros also designs and provides quotes for custom video surveillance systems based on telephone and email consultations with customers. We realize that requirements can vary and some customers need to mix and match various model cameras. We also realize that some customers have questions and prefer to speak with a professional designer on the phone. You can
request a free telephone consultation here. You can request a free custom quote here. You can also just email us directly instead of filling out a form here.