The Viewtron IP-AX4BL is an alarm security camera with built-in audio warnings and alarm lights for active crime deterrence. This bullet-style active deterrent camera also has built-in IR night vision, and PoE (Power over Ethernet). In addition to the built-in audio and video alarms, this camera also has 1 alarm input and 1 alarm output that can be used integrate with external alarm sensors and access control devices.
The 2.8mm fixed lens captures a 108 degree field of view. The artificial intelligence software of the camera supports the following video analytics functions: vehicle detection, person detection, and human face detection. This network IP camera is enclosed in a IP66 rated weatherproof housing so that it can be used for indoor and outdoor installations. The built-in IR LEDs provide infrared illumination up to 150 feet. This IP camera is great for commercial and home installation.
The tri-axis bullet mount allows installers to ceiling mount or wall mount the camera and point the lens in any direction. The optional
installation junction box allows all of the camera's cables to be neatly housed. This IP camera is ONVIF protocol compliant so that it can be used with any ONVIF compatible NVR.
Watch this video to see a demonstration of the
AI object detection and audio video alarms. You can also check out these
image snapshots captured remotely from the mobile app.
Important Note: AI cameras can only be configured for one type of AI function. For example, you can not setup an AI camera to do both intrusion zone detection and line crossing detection at the same time. If you need to perform 2 different types of AI functions, then you need 2 cameras.
- Video Output: Network IP / RJ-45 Network Connection, ONVIF Protocol Compliant
- Video Format: H.264, H.264s, H.265, H.265+, H.265s, MJPEG
- Supported Resolutions: 4mp, 2K, 3mp, 1080p, 720p, D1, CIF, 480 x 240
- Video Frame Rate: Supports 30 FPS (frames per second) at all resolutions including 8mp / 4K
- Image Sensor: 1/2.8" CMOS
- Infrared: Yes. Built-in IR Night Vision. Up to 50 Meter / 150 Feet
- Weatherproof: Yes. IP66 Housing. Indoor / Outdoor Installation
- Lens: Fixed 2.8mm Lens / 108° Field of View
- Audio Surveillance: Built-in Audio Microphone, Plus 1ch Audio Input
- 2-Way Audio: No. Not unless external mic is added.
- Speaker: Yes. Provides automated alarm warnings and 2-way audio communications
- Alarm Light: Yes. Blue and red alarm warning lights can be triggered automatically and manually from NVR, desktop software and mobile apps
- Alarm Input: Yes. 1 Port Alarm input
- Alarm Output: Yes. 1 Port alarm Output. Max Load 30VDC, 1 Amp
- Style: White Bullet, Metal
- Installation: Tri-Axis Ball and Socket Mount for Easy Installation. Ceiling or Wall Mount
- Junction Box: Yes. Optional Wall Bracket / Outdoor Junction Box Available
- Remote Viewing: Yes. iPhone App, Android App, Mac Software, Windows Software Included
- Power: DC12V DC Power supply or PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Image Control: Digital Wide Dynamic Range Function, 3D DNR (Digital Noise Reduction)
- SD Card Slot: Yes. Built-in micro SD card slot supports up to 256GB micro SD card
- Analytics: Yes. People Detection, Vehicle Detection, Perimeter Protection, Intrusion Zone Detection, Exception Detection.
- NDAA Compliant IP Camera
The above image shows the dimensions of the IP-AX4BL in millimeters. For reference 217.7mm = 8.57 inches. 80.5mm = 3.17 inches.
Watch this video to see how easy installation is with the camera's tri-axis ball and socket joint style mount. Simply loosen the set ring at the base of the camera to point the camera lens in any direction. When you are done adjusting the angle, tighten the set ring. The camera is very sturdy and the set position will not move.
Please refer to the above diagram to see the location of various features.
- Microphone is used for audio surveillance and 2-way audio communication.
- Red and Blue LED alarm lights can be configured to turn on based on an alarm such as human detection or vehicle detection. Can be set to low, medium, and high illumination.
- Speaker is used for voice audio warnings, audio sirens, and 2-way audio communication.
- Infrared LEDs provide IR night vision up to 150 feet.
The IP-AX4BL can also be integrated with external alarm sensors. See additional explanation below
- PoE (Power over Ethernet) supplies connectivity and power to the camera over a single CAT5E or CAT6 network cable. Can be connected directly to a PoE port on a Viewtron IP camera NVR.
- 1 channel audio input for external surveillance microphone support. This enables audio surveillance and 2-way audio.
- 1 port alarm input can be connected to an external switch or sensor, such as a magnetic door sensor or PIR motion detector.
- 1 port alarm output can be used to trigger an external alarm device such as a strobe light or audio siren. 30VDC 1 Amp max load.
- 12V DC Power Input can be used for non-PoE installations
Watch this video to see how Mike setup an IP-AX4BL at his house to monitor his driveway. An intrusion zone is setup in the area where Mike's son parks his car. When a person is detected, the alarm light and audio on the camera turn on warning the intruder that video surveillance is being recorded.
Watch this video demo to learn how-to setup human object detection and an intrusion zone using the AI software built into this camera. This setup and recording was performed with an
IP-AX4D dome-style alarm camera connected to a Viewtron IP camera NVR. This is the dome version of the alarm camera. The same functionality is built into the IP-AX4BL bullet. The only differences between the dome and bullet version is that the dome has a built-in microphone for audio surveillance and 2-way communication. When a person is detected intruding in the detection zone at Mike's front door, the camera's alarm light comes on and an audio warning plays on the speaker.
AI Camera Video Demos
You can watch additional
AI camera video demos here. Our video library includes demos using our license plate recognition camera, auto-tracking PTZ camera, and 4K IP cameras with and without AI software.
The following snapshot images were captured using the
Viewtron mobile app for iPhone and Android. You can click on the images to see the full resolution 4 megapixel image.
To capture these snapshots, the IP-AX4BL is connected to a Viewtron NVR and the NVR was accessed remotely using the iPhone app. In the app, users can easily capture snapshot images and save them their phone.
Here is another snapshot captured from the app. This was was captured at night to show the camera's IR night vision capability.
Complete AI Camera Systems
CCTV Camera Pros has complete
AI camera systems available here.
VT-J302 security camera junction box has pre-threaded screw mount holes specifically for the IP-AX4BL camera. There is a bottom and side inlet for cable. When the bottom inlet is used, the inlet plug can be moved to the size inlet.
Intelligent Video Analytics
The IP-AX4BL is has built-in software for advanced video analytics. The following Intelligent Video Analytics are supported by this camera.
- Perimeter Protection - Line crossing, region entrance/exiting/intrusion (human/motor vehicle/ non-motor vehicle classification)
- Exception Detection - Scene change, video blur and video color cast detection
Download the complete
IP-AX4BL product specification here.
Complete Security Camera System Quote
Did you know? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a complete surveillance system quote that includes any Viewtron DVR / NVR with cameras, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors? We can even mix and match IP cameras and BNC security cameras because Viewtron DVRs are hybrid.
As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2, 4, 8, 16, and 32 camera surveillance systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different camera models that we carry. So, we can also provide you with a custom quote with as many cameras as you need and a mix of any combination of camera model(s) based on your project requirements.
View Your Security Cameras Remotely
The IP-AX4BL works great with
Viewtron IP camera NVRs with PoE. Viewtron NVRs support active alarm IP cameras and they have built-in power over Ethernet. The remote camera viewing apps are able to connect directly to Viewtron IP cameras and also to Viewtron DVRs / NVRs.
This IP camera is NDAA compliant. That means that it is not manufactured by any of the manufacturers on the NDAA (the National Defense Authorization Act) list of banned manufacturers. This security camera does not use any materials from banned manufacturers either. This camera may safely be purchased for government use. You can download
CCTV Camera Pros NDAA letter of guarantee here.
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau and an average of 5 star reviews at Reseller Ratings. We were able to achieve this through the outstanding technical support and customer service that our team provides to our customers.
PoE for IP Camera
This IP camera is PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) compliant which allows the installer to run a single CAT-5e network cable to provide both power and data connectivity to the camera. CAT6 cable can also be used. CCTV Camera Pros supplies the following PoE injectors and PoE network switches which are compatible with this camera.
Please refer to these diagrams, to learn more about
how to wire IP cameras using a PoE injectors or a PoE switch.