The VT-LPR-S2 is a LPR / ANPR camera system designed for vehicle detection and license plate capture. This system includes one
LPR-IP7 license plate recognition camera, one IP-A4BZ vehicle detection AI camera, an 8ch NVR with PoE (network video recorder), and two 100ft CAT5E network cables. The LPR and ANPR software functions are embedded in both the LPR-IP7 camera and the Viewtron NVR.
The IP-A4BZ is used as an overview camera in this system. CCTV Camera Pros always almost recommends at least one overview camera to be used in conjunction with an LPR camera. This is because the LPR camera is focused narrowly on the license plate detection zone. The IP-A4BZ is an AI security camera with built-in object detection. This is useful to detect vehicles and people in the area around your license plate capture zone.
watch demo videos of the LPR and overview cameras here. Installers can refer to this LPR installation guide.
The NVR and cameras included with this system come with a 2-year warranty and lifetime USA based technical support, both of which are provided directly from CCTV Camera Pros.
PoE IP Camera System
The built-in PoE ports on the Viewtron NVR enable a simple, plug and play installation. There are 8 PoE network ports on the back of the
8ch NVR (standard RJ-45 Ethernet), and 16 PoE ports on the 16ch NVR model. Using the pre-made CAT5 cable included with the system, simply connect each camera to a port on the NVR. The NVR will detect the camera and add it to the system. For the monitor display, users can use the HDMI or VGA video outputs, or both if you want to use two monitors.
Remote Security Camera Viewing Apps & Software Included
Viewtron NVRs include mobile apps for iPhone and Android. Desktop software for Mac and Windows is also included for free. You can view your security cameras live and playback recorded video on your DVR from all of these platforms - remotely over the Internet.
You own everything and there are no monthly fees!
Viewtron IP Camera NVR with AI Functions
This is the
8ch NVR that is included. The term NVR and DVR are sometimes used interchangeably when referring to a security camera recorder. NVR is the term that is typically used when talking about IP cameras because the recording is done over the network. However, some customers may be searching for "DVR for LPR camera" when looking for a system like this.
- Type: Stand Alone Embedded Linux Operating System
- Video Input: 8 RJ-45 Network Connection Inputs with PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Power over Ethernet: 8ch RJ-45, 802.3af, Output Power ≤ 150W
- Supported IP Cameras: Viewtron, All ONVIF Compatible IP Camera Brands
- Supported Camera Resolutions: 720p / 1mp, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 6mp, 8mp / 4K
- Audio Surveillance Support: Yes. 8ch IP Camera Audio
- 2-Way Audio: Yes. 1 RCA Output for Speakers. 1 RCA Input for Microphone
- Recording Resolution: 720p / 1mp, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 6mp, 8mp / 4K, 30FPS per Channel
- Recording Modes: Manual, Continuous, Schedule, Motion Detection, Alarm, Smart Events
- AI Functions: Face Detection, Face Database Match, LPR / License Plate Recognition.
- Video Compression / Codec: H.264, H.265
- Monitor Outputs: HDMI, VGA
- HDMI Display: 4K Resolution, 3840 x 2160
- VGA Display: 1080p Resolution, 1920 x 1080
- Alarm Ports: 8 Inputs, 4 Outputs, Also Supports IP Camera Alarm Input
- Alarm Notification: Email, Push Notification to Mobile Apps, Desktop Software
- Mobile Apps: iPhone, Android
- VMS Software: Video Management Software for Mac and Windows PCs
- PTZ Camera Support: UTC (Up the Coax) Support to Control PTZ Over RG59 Video Cable
- Max Storage: 1 Hard Drive Bay, up tp 12TB
- Installed Storage: 1TB Hard Drive Included
- NVR Controls: USB Mouse Included. Wireless IR Remote Control Optional Add-On
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- Tech Support: Lifetime Technical Support Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- Detailed Specification: Download the NVR product specification here.
Here is a video demo of the Viewtron
LPR-IP7 license plate AI camera and Viewtron IP camera NVR that is included with this system. When a plate is detected, the event is bookmarked, a snapshot is taken, and video is recorded on the NVR's hard drive. Thumbnail images can be displayed on the live video view (like you see above) for easy access to playback the recorded video of the license plate capture.
Watch this video to see night time license plate recognition in a very dark environment. After watching the above video, you will better understand why it is important to install an LPR camera with at least one overview camera.
Vehicle Detection Overview Camera
Here is a video demo of the
IP-A4BZ camera that is included with this system. This video demonstrates the camera's vehicle detection function. This type of AI object detection is much more reliable than video motion technique used by traditional CCTV cameras. Traditional video motion detection produces a lot of false alerts.
Here is a screenshot captured directly from the NVR that shows the live camera view with the real time license plate capture event thumbnails displayed on the left. You can click on these images for a full sized view.
In addition to detecting license plates, the LPR-IP7 is also an ANPR camera (automatic number plate recognition). Number plate recognition and license plate database applications are possible when you connect a LPR-IP7 to a Viewtron NVR. The above ANPR database screenshot was captured from a Viewtron NVR. Please note that Viewtron BNC hybrid DVRs do not support LPR and other AI functions.You must use a
Viewtron IP camera NVR for all AI functions.
Intelligent Video Analytics
The LPR-IP7 is has built-in software for advanced video analytics. The following Intelligent Video Analytics are supported by this camera.
- License Plate Recognition (LPR) / License Plate Capture (LPC) / Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR)
- Video Tampering
- Scene Change Detection
Please use these recommended best practices in order to plan a successful license plate capture camera installation. It is important to mount the camera so that the camera view width is 16 feet or less at the point where plates will be captured. License plate cameras can not monitor wide areas also capture small details like the numbers on a license plate. These are extremely important concepts to understand when planning a successful license plate capture system.
Horizontal Mounting Angle
LPR cameras should not be mounted at a distance to the left or right side of the viewing area at an angle greater than 15 degrees.
Vertical Mounting Angle
In order to capture the numbers and letters on a license plate, LPR cameras cannot be mounted at a height that creates an angle greater than 30 degrees. The less of an angle, the better when it comes to license plate capture.
Image Capture Width
It is also important to plan the cameras field of view carefully. LPR cameras are not designed to capture a wide field of view. They are designed to monitor a focal width approximately equal to a single lane of traffic (about 16 feet). Because the LPR-IP7 is 1080p HD resolution, you can go slightly wider than this in some cases (as long as the vertical and horizontal mounting angles are minimal).
The following guidelines should be used when installing this LPR camera.
- Mount between 3 and 16 feet high (not to exceed a 30-degree angle). The less of an angle - the better performance.
- Mount between 12 and 50 feet from the area where vehicles will be passing so that the area of capture is about 16 feet wide.
Product Documents and Specifications