The Viewtron IP-A4D is a 4 megapixel resolution IP dome camera with built-in IR night vision and a turret style white dome housing. The IP-A4D is an AI security camera with the following advanced video analytics functions:
vehicle detection, traffic counting, person detection, people counting, and human face detection. This network IP camera is enclosed in a IP67 rated weatherproof dome housing so that it can be used for indoor and outdoor installations. The built-in IR LEDs provide infrared illumination up to 90 feet. The fixed 3.6mm lens captures provides a 90 degree field of view. The tri-axis turret dome allows installers to ceiling mount or wall mount the camera and angle the lens in any direction. This IP camera is ONVIF protocol compliant so that it can be used with any ONVIF compatible NVR.
- Video Output: Network IP / RJ-45 Network Connection, ONVIF Protocol Compliant
- Video Format: H.264, H.265
- Supported Resolutions: 4mp, 2K, 3mp, 1080p, 720p ( 1 ~ 30fps; 50Hz: 1~25fps ) HFR mode: 1080p / 720p( 60Hz : 1 ~ 60fps; 50Hz: 1~50fps )
- Video Frame Rate: 30 FPS at 4mp Resolution, 60 FPS at 1080p / 2mp Resolution
- Image Sensor: 1/3" CMOS
- Infrared: Yes. Built-in IR Night Vision. Up to 30 Meter / 90 Feet
- Weatherproof: Yes. IP67 Housing. Indoor / Outdoor Installation
- Lens: Fixed 3.6mm Fixed Lens / 90 Degree Field of View
- Audio: Built-in Mic, 1ch audio input
- Style: White Dome, Turret Style Dome, Metal
- SD Card Slot: Yes. Built-in micro SD card slot supports up to 128GB micro SD card
- Installation: Ceiling or Wall Mount, Optional Wall Mount Bracket & Junction Box
- Remote Viewing: Yes. iPhone App, Android App, Mac Software, Windows Software Included
- Power: DC12V DC Power supply or PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Image Control: Digital Wide Dynamic Range Function, 3D DNR (Digital Noise Reduction)
- Analytics: Yes. Facial Recognition / Face Match Database, People Detection, People Counting, Face Detection, Perimeter Protection, Target Counting, Exception Detection
The above image shows the dimensions of the IP-D8 in millimeters. For reference 94.6mm = 3.7 inches. 82.8mm = 3.25 inches.
Intelligent Video Analytics
The IP-A4D is has built-in software for advanced video analytics. The following Intelligent Video Analytics are supported by this camera.
- Perimeter Protection - Line crossing, region entrance/exiting/intrusion (human/motor vehicle/ non-motor vehicle classification)
- Target Counting - Line crossing human/motor vehicle/non-motor vehicle counting
- Exception Detection - Scene change, video blur and video color cast detection
- Face Detection - Face detection and face capture
The vehicle detection function of Viewtron AI cameras is much more reliable than video motion technique used by a non-AI camera. Traditional video motion detection produces a lot of false alerts. A well trained AI camera can detect cars and motorcycles in real time and with 99% accuracy. Object detection events can trigger alarms such as video recording, mobile app push notifications, DVR buzzer, photo snapshots, and email alerts.
The person detection function of Viewtron AI cameras works the same as vehicle / car detection. An intrusion zone is mapped out on the DVR interface. The only difference is that human detection is selected in the setup, instead of vehicles. The red rectangle is the intrusion zone in in the above screenshot. You can see when Mike crosses over the intrusion zone, he is detected as a human and an alarm event is triggered.
Watch this video to see how CCTV Camera Pros integrated a facial recognition camera with our access control system to unlock our front door.
The face detection function of Viewtron AI cameras makes it easy to trigger alarms based on a human face appearing within the view of the camera. The above screenshot was captured using a Viewtron IP-A4D dome AI camera connected to a
Viewtron IP camera NVR. When a face is detected, the event is recorded in the NVR's database. Thumbnail images can be displays (like you see above) for easy access to playback the recorded video of the facial detection.
Watch this video to see how how to setup a people counting camera application using a Viewtron IP camera and NVR.
Watch this video to see how how to setup a traffic counting camera application using a Viewtron IP camera and NVR.
Here are some optional installation mounts and brackets that are available for this camera.
This is the
VT-J301 security camera junction box option for this camera. This round junction box can be used for ceiling or wall mount installations.
Wall Mount L-Bracket
This is the
VT-L203 wall mount bracket option for this camera.
Download the complete
IP-D8 product specification here.
Here is a snapshot captured at night with the camera's built-in IR night vision. There is zero light at Mike's front door. The exterior light above Mike's doorway is broken and there is no ambient light either. This is a true zero light infrared example.
IP Camera Systems
CCTV Camera Pros sells these complete
IP camera systems available that include multiple IP cameras, a NVR with built-in PoE, and pre-made CAT5 cable for each camera. We can also design custom systems.
Custom Security Camera System Quote
Did you know? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a custom surveillance system quote that includes any Viewtron DVR / NVR with cameras, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors? We can even mix and match IP cameras and BNC security cameras with Viewtron DVRs because they are hybrid. Viewtron PoE NVRs work only with IP cameras.
As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2, 4, 8, and 16 camera surveillance systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different camera models that we carry. So, we can also provide you with a custom quote with as many cameras as you need and a mix of any combination of camera model(s) based on your project requirements.
View Your Security Cameras Remotely
The IP-D8 works great with
Viewtron hybrid security camera DVRs and Viewtron IP camera NVRs. Viewtron hybrids support BNC cameras and network IP cameras up to 4K resolution. Viewtron NVRs support IP cameras and have built-in power over Ethernet. The remote camera viewing apps are able to connect directly to Viewtron IP cameras and also to DVRs / NVRs.
PoE for IP Camera
This IP camera is PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) compliant which allows the installer to run a single CAT-5e network cable to provide both power and data connectivity to the camera. CAT6 cable can also be used. CCTV Camera Pros supplies the following PoE injectors and PoE network switches which are compatible with this camera.
Please refer to these diagrams, to learn more about
how to wire IP cameras using a PoE injectors or a PoE switch.