The DPRO-520MVF is a dome security camera with a white base. The DPRO-520MVF has the exact same specifications as the DPRO-9620VFW. It is actually the exact same camera; the only difference is that the DPRO-520MVF is dual voltage (supports 12v DC or 24VAC power supplies). This infrared dome CCTV camera has a 1/3" Sony Super HAD Ex-View image sensor that supports 700 TV lines of resolution in color (day mode) and B&W night mode (low light and zero light infrared). This camera works with the new 960H format DVRs as well as traditional D1 CCTV DVRs.
The 2.8 to 12mm varifocal lens provides control over the focal length of the camera. The varifocal lens allows one to customize the field of view from extremely wide to tightly zoomed in. For example, mounting the camera 20ft away from a cash register, allows one to closely monitor that point of sale when the lens is adjusted to the 12mm setting.
The DPRO-9620VF(W) infrared dome security camera has 35 built-in IR LEDs and supports two selectable night vision modes. The first solely using its low light (0.0001 LUX) capacity and Sense-Up intensifier technology. The second night mode utilizes the infrared LEDs which support up to an 80-foot infrared viewing range in total darkness.
In addition to being a high-end IR / night vision camera, the 520MVF also has built-in WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) capability which allows for compensation in foreground & background lighting; which essentially combines the darkest part of the image with the brightest part of the image to produce one highly detailed and balanced image.
Click here to see sample pictures that were taken in various light environments. You can also watch some demo surveillance videos captured by the DPRO-520MVF here.
White Base and Black Base Models
The DPRO-520MVR is available in a black base (camera model DPRO-9620VF
) but the black base model is NOT dual voltage. Also, this camera is also available in a white base DC power only model (camera model DPRO-9620VFW
Optional Wall Mount Bracket
This is the optional wall mount bracket
that is available for the DPRO-520MVF. If you do not want to use this bracket, the DPRO-520MVF can directly be installed to a ceiling or wall without it because of the built-in tri-axis mount of the camera.
- 1/3" Sony Super HAD Ex-View CCD
- High Resolution - 700TVL Color / 720 TVL Black and White / 960H DVR Compatible
- Video Connector: BNC
- Power Connector: Screw Terminals (2.1mm Pigtail Included)
- 2.8mm ~ 12mm Varifocal Auto Iris Lens
- 35 IR LEDs can produce up to a 75 to 80ft (25m) effective viewing range
- Smart IR allows for a more balanced infrared lighting
- Indoor black dome base / clear plastic dome cover protects the camera
- Motion Detection configuration by enabling or disabling any of its four detection zones
- Tri-axis mount for ceiling or wall installations
- Infrared for low light and zero light applications
- .01 LUX without IRs / 0 LUX with IRs on
- WDR ( Wide Dynamic Range) for more color balanced images
- Advanced On Screen Display (OSD) controls via push buttons and controls: Light sensitivity, exposure, white balance, day/night, digital noise reduction, color, and sharpness adjustments
- Control the Infrared mode: On/Off, Low, Medium, High settings
- Dual Voltage (12V DC / 24V AC)
Recommended Surveillance Installations / Applications
CCTV Camera Pros recommends the DPRO-520MVF for the following types of video surveillance installations and applications.
- Indoor surveillance only because this camera is not weatherproof; if an outdoor weatherproof solution is needed, please consider the DPRO-EC550VF2 dome camera.
- Installations which require high TVL video resolution
- Variable lighting levels, such as bright light, low light or total darkness
- Areas with intense background lighting because the camera includes wide dynamic range (WDR)
- Ceiling mount or wall mount application using the tri-axis mount
- Great for residential, commercial, and government surveillance installations
- Recommended to be mounted a total distance of between 5 and 50 feet away from the area under surveillance. Refer to CCTV camera lens chart.
- Custom field of view; Camera has a 2.8 to 12mm varifocal lens which allows one to customize the field of view by manually changing the zoom from 2.8 to 12mm.
- If a black base is preferred for your needs, please select the DPRO-9620VF dome IR camera (DC power only)
Security Camera Specification
These 2 sample images were taken using the DPRO-520MVF which are currently being used in our Palm Beach, Florida office / warehouse. This room is 30 feet long by 15 feet wide. The camera is ceiling mounted 9.5 feet high and centered on the room.
This first image was taken during the day with the office lights on
. The camera is connected to our iDVR-PRO8 video surveillance DVR
and the snapshot function was used to take these two pictures.
The second picture was taken at night with the office lights and computer monitors turned off, thus creating a true zero light test. As you can see from the image below, the camera has no problem illuminating a room 30 feet long by 15 feet wide, in zero light.
Surveillance Images from Latest Generation Camera
The following sample images were captured using the latest generation DPRO-520MVF and iDVR-E8 surveillance DVR
. The DPRO-520MVF dome camera is mounted 8.5 feet high with the lens adjusted to 3.6mm (almost to the widest setting). The room is in CCTV Camera Pros office and is 13 x 21 with 10-foot ceilings.
The first sample photo is with the office fluorescent lights ON so that the camera is in color daytime mode.
This second image was captured with all of the office lights off and one computer monitor on to cast some ambient light in the room. The 520MVF is in nighttime IR mode with its infrared LEDs on.
This last image was captured after Mike turned the computer monitor off in the room to create a zero light environment. There is little to no difference between the ambient light picture and the picture with zero light. This camera does an outstanding job of illuminating a room this size.
This video demonstrates the normal light, low light, and zero light infrared capability of the DPRO-520MVF.
This camera uses built-in smart IR technology which allows the camera to automatically adjust the intensity of the infrared illumination provided by the built-in IR LEDs based on the distance objects are located from the camera. Click to learn more about smart IR.
Suggested DVRs for the DPRO-520MVF
CCTV Camera Pros offers several DVR (Digital Video Recorders) which can be used with the CCTV Camera Pros DPRO-520MVF CCTV camera.
Viewtron CCTV DVRs support D1 video recording (704 x 480) and are designed to be used with traditional / analog CCTV cameras. These digital video recorders are a great choice for users that want a pure analog CCTV system (all analog CCTV cameras). Viewtron is exclusively sold by CCTV Camera Pros. If you have any questions about these products, please contact us for more information.
Available Viewtron Models:
- VT-SD8: offers an 8 camera solution
- VT-SD16: offers a 16 camera solution
All Viewtron DVRs come with a storage selection from 500 GB to 4 TB.
The iDVR (Internet DVR) from CCTV Camera Pros is a CCTV based video surveillance DVR that provides the remote Internet viewing applications for mobile cell phone and personal computers.
Available iDVR Models:
All iDVRs come with a storage selection from 500 GB to 2 TB.
- iDVR-E4: for a 4 camera solution
- iDVR-E8: for an 8 camera solution
- iDVR-E16: for a 16 camera solution
Viewtron HD CCTV DVRs from CCTV Camera Pros support full high definition 1080P resolution recording when used with HD-SDI CCTV cameras. Viewtron hybrid CCTV / HD-SDI digital video recorders support a combination of HD-SDI and traditional analog CCTV cameras.
These hybrid DVRs are a great choice when users plan on migrating to high definition cameras in the future but want to use standard CCTV cameras for now or when users want to use a combination of HD-SDI cameras and standard analog CCTV cameras. Viewtron DVRs are exclusively sold by CCTV Camera Pros. If you have any questions about these products, please contact us for more information.
Available Viewtron HD-SDI Models:
- VT-HD404: offers an 8 camera solution with 4 HD channels and 4 CCTV SD channels
- VT-HD408: offers a 12 camera solution with 4 HD channels and 8 CCTV SD channels
All Viewtron DVRs come with a storage selection from 500 GB (default) up to 6 TB.