The AHD-D32W is a 1080p HD security camera (AHD CCTV / analog high definition) with built-in infrared LEDs for zero light video surveillance. The AHD-D32W is enclosed in an indoor dome housing. The 2.8 ~ 12mm varifocal lens allows provides the installer with the ability to adjust the angle of view of the camera from a very wide angle to a more narrow and zoomed in angle to focus on specific objects or areas. This camera uses an HD Sony Progressive Scan CMOS image sensor that is capable of capturing 1080P resolution ( 1920 x 1080 / 2 megapixel ) video surveillance over RG59 coaxial cable. As with all AHD cameras, they must be used with an AHD compatible DVR.
This infrared dome has 4 "giant" IR LEDs built in that automatically turn on when light levels are low. The infrared night vision of this camera is capable up to 100 feet. The smart IR technology enables the camera to automatically adjust the intensity of the infrared based on the distance objects are located from the camera. For example, if a person is initially at a far distance, the IR intensity will be high and as the person gets closer to the camera, the intensity lowers so that the persons face does not get washed out. Please check out these surveillance photos captured by the AHD-D32W. You can also watch HD surveillance video demos here.
Installers can easily access a menu (on-screen display) that allows them to adjust the camera's image settings using a joystick located on the camera. Digital Noise Reduction produces better image quality by removing graininess, especially useful in black & white mode when the IR LEDs are active. Other settings such as brightness, gain, low light intensity (SENSUP) can also be adjusted using the OSD. This camera can be powered by a 12V DC or 24VAC power supply.
For environments with bright backlighting, the AHD-D32W has built-in Digital Wide Dynamic Range Enhancement. Digital WDR works by combining the brightest part of the image with the darkest part to create a single highly detailed image.
If you would like to connect this camera directly to an HDMI compliant TV / Monitor, please refer to the AHD-CV7 AHD to HDMI converter, or select it from the drop-down above.
AHD-D32W 1080p AHD Camera
- 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS Image Sensor
- 1080p (1920 x 1080) HD Video Resolution
- Compatible AHD DVRs (analog high definition)
- Video Connector: BNC
- Power Connector: Screw Terminals (2.1mm Pigtail Included)
- 2.8mm ~ 12mm Varifocal Lens
- 4 Giant IR LEDs for Low Light & Zero Light Video Surveillance
- White dome base
- Indoor Dome Enclosure
- Tri-axis mount for ceiling or wall installations
- Optional Wall Mount Bracket
- Infrared for low light and zero light applications
- .01 LUX without IRs / 0 LUX with IRs on
- Sense-Up Intensifier Technology (Up to x30)
- Digital WDR / Digital Wide Dynamic Range
- Advanced On Screen Display controls via push buttons(located within the dome cover)
- OSD allows for control over light sensitivity, exposure, white balance, day/night, digital noise reduction, color, and sharpness adjustments
- 12V-DC / 24V-AC Compliant
The above video was captured by connecting an AHD-D32W to an iDVR-PRO8M surveillance DVR using RG59 coaxial cable. Please select 1080p video resolution in the lower right of the YouTube video player and watch in full-screen mode to see the best quality video.
All of the below images were captured by connecting an AHD-D32W to an iDVR-PRO AHD compatible DVR.
The above image was captured using the AHD-D32W. The camera is ceiling mounted at CCTV Camera Pros demo studio at 9.5 feet high. All of the lights are on in the room so that the camera is operating in daytime / color mode.
The above image was captured using the AHD-AD24H with all of the lights turned off on the room. The infrared LEDs that are built into the camera provide enough illumination to see this entire room clearly. This room is 29 feet by 30 feet.
iOS Mobile App Viewing
The iDVR-PRO DVR that we used for testing supports remote viewing via mobile apps, users can log in from remotely over the Internet to view their camera live in HD video quality. Check out the below images to see this camera being viewed using the iDVR-PRO Viewer app for iOS on an iPhone.
Remote camera view from iPhone app with the camera in color / day time mode.
Remote iPhone app view with the camera in infrared / night vision mode.
Android Mobile App Viewing
These images were captured while using the iDVR-PRO Viewer mobile app for Android. The camera is connected to an iDVR-PRO DVR and we are accessing the DVR remotely over the Internet. A single camera view of the AHD-AD24H camera is selected in the app.
Color daytime mode remote view from Android app.
This is the infrared view from Android with all of the lights off in the room. The blackout blinds are shut and there is zero light in the room.
Dome Wall Mount (Option)
We have a dome wall mount bracket in white available for the AHD-D32W. This is optional because this camera is capable of being wall or ceiling mounted using the built-in tri-axis mount of the camera lens. This wall bracket does make a nice addition to high end commercial and retail surveillance installations.
Complete HD Surveillance Systems
This camera is available individually and also as part of these complete 1080p HD surveillance systems which include cables, DVR, power supply, and an optional monitor.
CCTV Camera Pros can also build a custom system quote based on any number and types of cameras that you require. You can request a quote here.
Download the AHD-D32W product specification here.
Download the OSD user manual for 1080p AHD cameras here.
Recommended Surveillance Installations / Applications
CCTV Camera Pros recommends the AHD-D32W for the following types of video surveillance installations and applications.
- Indoor surveillance applications only
- Installations which require HD video resolution
- Different lighting level: bright light, low light or total darkness
- Areas with intense background lighting are OK also by using the cameras digital wide dynamic range (WDR) capability
- Ceiling mount or wall mount application using the tri-axis mount of the camera lens to orient the lens to the needed angle.
- Great for residential, commercial, and government surveillance installations
- High*end customers that demand very high quality will be very happy with this camera's performance.
- Camera is recommended to be mounted a total distance of between 5 and 50 feet away from target surveillance area. Refer to CCTV camera lens chart.
- Camera has a 2.8 to 12mm varifocal lens and can be adjusted during installation to the field of view preference of the customer.
- We highly recommend the use of this camera with an iDVR-PRO recorder. Additional information about iDVR-PRO can be found below.
The AHD-D32W works great with an iDVR-PRO hybrid surveillance DVRs.
| iPhone / iPad Compatible
| Android Compatible
| Mac Compatible
Click here to learn more about the latest iDVR-PRO DVRs.
iDVR-PRO Works with Analog CCTV and HD Security Cameras
Users can mix and match different camera technologies. This is perfect for customers that have existing CCTV cameras and want to upgrade to high definition over time. Hybrid iDVR-PROs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
- AHD Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- TVI Cameras (1080p resolution models supported)
- Analog CCTV Cameras (all analog resolution supported including CIF, D1, 960H)
Request a Demo
Want to see how live video on this camera looks remotely over the Internet, please request a demo login below. You will be able to log in from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also log in from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please note that not all applications stream HD video. Mobile apps stream a lower resolution so that performance is better. Please click here to request a demo login.