The AHD-BX3-5 is an HD surveillance camera featuring a
5 ~ 50mm varifocal / 2-megapixel lens and high definition 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS image sensor. The AHD-BX3-5 is capable of supporting 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixels) high def CCTV video resolution over standard RG59 coaxial cable and must be used with an AHD compatible DVR. Check out these sample surveillance images captured at the 5mm and 50mm settings to see the huge range of view this camera has.
This AHD box camera has a lux rating of 1 lux in color mode and 0.1 lux in black & white mode. This allows the AHD-BX3-5 to capture video in dimly lit environments.
OSD (On Screen Display) menu allows the user to adjust the camera's settings using a joystick located on the camera. Digital Noise Reduction produces better image quality by removing graininess, especially useful when in black & white mode. This camera can be powered by either 12V-DC or 24V-AC.
For environments with challenging lighting conditions, such as bright backlighting, the AHD-BX3-5 surveillance camera uses
Digital WDR Enhancement. Digital WDR Enhancement works by combining the brightest part of the image with the darkest part to create one highly detailed image.
If you would like to
connect this camera directly to an HDMI compliant TV / Monitor, please refer to the AHD-CV7 AHD to HDMI converter, or select it from the drop-down above.
AHD-BX3-5 AHD Security Camera features:
- 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS Image Sensor
- 1080p HD Surveillance Resolution (1920 x 1080 / 2 megapixel)
- Only Compatible with AHD DVRs
- Video Connector: BNC
- Power Connector: Screw Terminals (2.1mm Pigtail Included)
- 5mm ~ 50mm Varifocal Lens
- 1 Lux in Color mode / 0.1 Lux in Black & White mode
- Tri-axis mount for ceiling or wall installations
- Optional Housing for Outdoor Applications
- Sense-Up Intensifier Technology (Up to x30)
- Digital WDR / Digital Wide Dynamic Range
- Advanced On Screen Display controls via push buttons(located on the camera)
- OSD allows for control over light sensitivity, exposure, white balance, day/night, digital noise reduction, color, and sharpness adjustments
- 12V-DC / 24V-DC Compliant
The following video surveillance snapshots were captured using an AHD-BX3-5 connected to an iDVR-PRO surveillance DVR. Please click on the images to see the full sized 1080p resolution photos.
The above image was captured with the 5 to 50mm lens set at the widest setting - 5mm. The 5mm setting provides an approximate 50-degree field of view. The garbage dumpster in the background is located 90 feet away from where the camera is mounted.
This image was captured with the camera lens set at the most narrow / zoomed in setting - 50mm. You can see the huge difference in the field of view / zoom when you compare the 5mm to 50mm settings. The 50mm settings capture a 5.5-degree field of view. This camera's megapixel lens can be adjusted anywhere in between these two settings as well. The camera's location has not changed. The garbage dumpster is still 90 feet away but appears as though it is right in front of the camera because the lens has been adjusted to bring the view much closer.
AHD-BX3-5 camera specification here.
OSD user manual for AHD cameras here.
Recommended Surveillance Installations / Applications
CCTV Camera Pros recommends the AHD-BX3-5 for the following types of video surveillance installations and applications.
- Indoor surveillance only without housing (Optional Housing for Outdoor Applications)
- Installations which require the high video resolution
- Different lighting level: bright light or low light
- Areas with intense background lighting are OK also by using the cameras wide dynamic range (WDR) capability
- Ceiling or wall mountable
- Great for residential, commercial, and government surveillance installations
- Camera is recommended to be mounted a total distance of between 10 and 100 feet away from target surveillance area. Refer to CCTV camera lens chart.
- Camera has a 5 to 50mm varifocal lens and can be adjusted during installation to the field of view preference of the customer.
The AHD-BX-5 works great with an iDVR-PRO hybrid CCTV DVR.
iPhone / iPad Compatible
Click here to
learn more about the latest iDVR-PRO CCTV DVRs.
iDVR-PRO Works with Analog CCTV and HD Security Cameras
Users can mix and match different camera technologies. This is perfect for customers that have existing CCTV cameras and want to upgrade to high definition over time. Hybrid iDVR-PROs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
- AHD Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- HD-TVI Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- Analog CCTV Cameras (all analog resolution supported including CIF, D1, 960H)
Request a Demo
Want to see how live video on this camera looks remotely over the Internet, please request a demo login below. You will be able to log in from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also log in from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please note that not all applications stream HD video. Mobile apps stream a lower resolution so that performance is better. Please
click here to request a demo login.