The AHD-BX3-5 is an 1080p HD surveillance camera featuring a
5 ~ 50mm varifocal / 2-megapixel lens and high definition 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS image sensor. The AHD-BX3-5 is capable of supporting 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixels) high def CCTV video resolution over standard RG59 coaxial cable and must be used with an AHD compatible DVR. Check out these sample surveillance images captured at the 5mm and 50mm settings to see the huge range of view this camera has.
This AHD box camera has a lux rating of 1 lux in color mode and 0.1 lux in black & white mode. This allows the AHD-BX3-5 to capture video in dimly lit environments.
OSD (On Screen Display) menu allows the user to adjust the camera's settings using a joystick located on the camera. Digital Noise Reduction produces better image quality by removing graininess, especially useful when in black & white mode. This camera can be powered by either 12V-DC or 24V-AC.
For environments with challenging lighting conditions, such as bright backlighting, the AHD-BX3-5 surveillance camera uses
Digital WDR Enhancement. Digital WDR Enhancement works by combining the brightest part of the image with the darkest part to create one highly detailed image.
If you would like to
connect this camera directly to an HDMI compliant TV / Monitor, please refer to this BNC to HDMI converter add-on. You can select it from the options drop-down above.
AHD-BX3-5 AHD Security Camera features:
- 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS Image Sensor
- 1080p HD Surveillance Resolution (1920 x 1080 / 2 megapixel)
- Only Compatible with AHD DVRs
- Video Connector: BNC
- Power Connector: Screw Terminals (2.1mm Pigtail Included)
- 5mm ~ 50mm Varifocal Lens
- 1 Lux in Color mode / 0.1 Lux in Black & White mode
- Tri-axis mount for ceiling or wall installations
- Optional Housing for Outdoor Applications
- Sense-Up Intensifier Technology (Up to x30)
- Digital WDR / Digital Wide Dynamic Range
- Advanced On Screen Display controls via push buttons(located on the camera)
- OSD allows for control over light sensitivity, exposure, white balance, day/night, digital noise reduction, color, and sharpness adjustments
- 12V-DC / 24V-AC Compliant
The following video surveillance snapshots were captured using an AHD-BX3-5 connected to an iDVR-PRO surveillance DVR. Please click on the images to see the full sized 1080p resolution photos.
The above image was captured with the 5 to 50mm lens set at the widest setting - 5mm. The 5mm setting provides an approximate 50-degree field of view. The garbage dumpster in the background is located 90 feet away from where the camera is mounted.
This image was captured with the camera lens set at the most narrow / zoomed in setting - 50mm. You can see the huge difference in the field of view / zoom when you compare the 5mm to 50mm settings. The 50mm settings capture a 5.5-degree field of view. This camera's megapixel lens can be adjusted anywhere in between these two settings as well. The camera's location has not changed. The garbage dumpster is still 90 feet away but appears as though it is right in front of the camera because the lens has been adjusted to bring the view much closer.
BNC to HDMI converter can be ordered with this camera. The converter allows you to connect your security camera to a TV via the HDMI input of your TV. In addition to the BNC video input on the converter, there is also a BNC loop output so that you can connect the camera to a security camera DVR in addition to a TV / monitor. The BNC loop output is optional to use.
This device can be used solely as a way to connect your security camera to a TV for a live view only or you can also use the BNC output to also connect the camera's video to a second device, such as a DVR for recording video surveillance footage. You can see this in the above installation diagram.
AHD-BX3-5 camera specification here.
OSD user manual for AHD cameras here.
Recommended Surveillance Installations / Applications
CCTV Camera Pros recommends the AHD-BX3-5 for the following types of video surveillance installations and applications.
- Indoor surveillance only without housing (Optional Housing for Outdoor Applications)
- Installations which require the high video resolution
- Different lighting level: bright light or low light
- Areas with intense background lighting are OK also by using the cameras wide dynamic range (WDR) capability
- Ceiling or wall mountable
- Great for residential, commercial, and government surveillance installations
- Camera is recommended to be mounted a total distance of between 10 and 100 feet away from target surveillance area. Refer to CCTV camera lens chart.
- Camera has a 5 to 50mm varifocal lens and can be adjusted during installation to the field of view preference of the customer.
This camera works great with
Viewtron security camera DVRs. Viewtron 4K CCTV DVRs are hybrid. They support analog CCTV cameras, HD BNC cameras, and network IP cameras up to 4K resolution.
Custom Systems Designs & Quotes
CCTV Camera Pros designs custom video surveillance systems for customers and can provide a free quotes via email. In addition, you can schedule a free telephone consultation with a Pro.
We realize that requirements can vary and some customers need to mix and match various model cameras. Some customers have questions and prefer to speak with a professional designer on the phone. You can
request a free telephone consultation here. You can request a free custom quote here. You can also just email us directly instead of filling out a form here.
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau and an average of 5 star reviews at Reseller Ratings. We were able to achieve this through the outstanding technical support and customer service that our team provides to our customers.