The VDS-8016HD is am 8 to 16 channel CCTV video splitter that works with HD-TVI, AHD, HDCVI, and analog CCTV cameras (CVBS). This video splitter has 8 BNC video inputs and 16 BNC outputs and works with PAL and NTSC video standards. The following video resolutions are supported: 5 Megapixel, 4 Megapixel, 3 Megapixel, 1080p, 720p, 960H, D1, CIF. You can also
install these video splitters with amplifiers to boost the video signal longer distances.
Each of the 8 video inputs are split to 2 video outputs. The VDS-8016HD is typically used in analog CCTV and HD over coax surveillance applications to enable video transmission to multiple monitors and / or DVRs (digital video recorders). The DC power supply is included with this product as well as the rack mount hardware.
HD CCTV Video Splitter Features
- Compatible with HD-TVI, AHD, HDCVI (HD over Coax Cameras)
- Compatible with Analog CCTV Cameras (CVBS)
- Supports PAL and NTSC Video Standards
- All HD over Coax Video Resolutions Supported
- 8 BNC Video Inputs - 75 Ohm
- 16 BNC Video Outputs - 75 Ohm
- Built-in power surge protection / TVS
- Standard 19" 1U Rack Mount
- Dimensions: 483 x 105.5 x 44mm / 19 x 4.1 x 1.7 inches
- Weight: 1350 Grams / 3 Pounds
- 12V DC 500mA Power Supply Included
- Power consumption 350mA
The VDS-8016 is easy to install. Here is now it works.
- Each BNC video input has two BNC video outputs. Labeled A-Out-B in the above installation diagram.
- Each channel can be used for any type HD security camera (AHD, HD-TVI, HDCVI) or analog CCTV camera.
- In the above diagram, the security camera on the left is connected to a video input using RG59 coax cable with a BNC connector end.
- The two video outputs from the camera on the left are each connected to a hybrid CCTV / HD security camera DVR.
- The security camera on the right in connected to another video input channel on the video distribution box - using RG59 coax cable.
- The two outputs from that channel are each connected to a video display monitor.
- The VDS-8016 is powered using the 12V DC power supply that is included.
- The VDS-8016 can be desktop or rack mounted.
**Please note that analog CCTV cameras can be directly connected to analog CCTV monitors or the analog RCA input of standard TVs. However, HD cameras require a BNC to HDMI converter to be connected to the HDMI input of a TV or monitor. HD security cameras CAN NOT connect directly to the analog video input of a TV. Here are some converters that work with
HD security cameras.
If you need to amplify the video signal for any of your surveillance cameras in addition to splitting the signal, the
AMP-1001 analog CCTV video amplifier and the AMP-101HD HD security camera amplifier can be used in conjunction with the VDS-8016HD. The AMP-101HD is compatible with AHD, HD-TVI, and HDCVI cameras. In the above application, the video output from each security camera is boosted before sending the signal to the VDS-8016HD. With these single channel video amps, you can boost as many of the 8 channels supported by the VDS-8016 as you require.
The AMP-1001 can boost analog video signals up to 1000 meters / 3280 feet using high quality RG59 coax cable. The AMP-101HD can boost up to 2600 feet / 800 meters and up to three AMP101HDs can be stacked together for a max distance of 7800 feet / 2400 meters.
Split and Amplify Security Camera Video Signal
Some applications may require the video output from the security camera and one or both of the split video signals are also amplified. You can amplify video signals on the input and output side of the VDS-8016HD video splitter as shown
in the above installation diagram. The two video outputs from the splitter are both amplified before being transmitted to the monitor and security camera DVR. In addition, the video output from the AHD-BL25 security camera is amplified to reach the input of the splitter.