The VDS-1664HD is a CCTV video splitter that works with the following analog and HD security camera types: HD-TVI, AHD, HDCVI, and analog CCTV. This video distributor splits the video signal of up to 16 security cameras into 4 video signals for each channel. There are 16 BNC video inputs and 64 BNC video outputs. Each channel is protected from voltage spikes induced on connected wires using transient voltage suppression (TVS) diodes.
All video inputs support all of the supported security camera types. D1, 960H, 720p and 1080p video resolutions are supported and cameras can be NTSC or PAL video format. Installers can use 75ohm RG6 or RG59 coax cable. This 16 channel video splitter allows installers to connect each CCTV camera to up to 4 output devices such as CCTV monitors, security camera DVRs, video multiplexers, and any other type of supported video input device. The DC power supply is included with this product as well as the rack mount hardware. The VDS-1664HD fits into a 2U size rack.
Read here about how the VDS-1664HD video splitter can be used in a multi-display monitor installation.
Video Splitter Features & Technical Specification
- Compatible with HD-TVI, AHD, HDCVI, Analog CCTV (CVBS) Security Cameras
- 16 BNC Video Inputs, 75 Ohm
- 64 BNC Video Outputs, 75Ohm
- D1, 960H, 720p, 1080p Video Resolutions Supported
- Works with NTSC and PAL Format Cameras
- Built-in Transient Voltage Suppression / TVS Diode Protection
- 2U Rack Mount
- DC Power Supply Included - 12VDC / 1.2 amp
- Power consumption: 960mA / 1150mA Max
- Dimensions 483 x 91.5 x 88.4mm
- Video Bandwidth: 100MHz 0.1dB Gain Flatness
- Weight: 6 pounds / 2700 Grams
This diagram shows a fairly complex security camera system installation that uses the VDS-1664HD to split the video signal from 16 cameras so that the live video from all cameras can be displayed in different configurations on multiple HDMI monitors. This system also records video surveillance from all cameras on an iDVR-PRO hybrid CCTV DVR.
Please note that the VDS-1664HD can be used in much simpler installations than this one. This type of installation would be typical in a large retail store where you need to record all cameras to a DVR and also display your cameras publicly in key locations to deter theft. This is how it works.
- There are 4 different security camera types used in this installation: 1080p AHD, 1080p HD-TVI, analog CCTV, and 720p AHD cameras.
- All 16 cameras are wired to the VDS-1664HD video splitter using RG59 coax cable.
- One output from each of the 16 channels is wired to an iDVR-PRO hybrid CCTV DVR. Although the diagram only shows 4 cables going from the distributor to the DVR, there is really 16. The DVR is used to record video from all 16 cameras.
- The HDMI video output from the DVR is connected to 1 of the 5 display monitors.
- A second output from the splitter is wired to the input of a HD CCTV quad video multiplexer - there are 4 of these. The video processors allow the installer to combine the video from up to 4 cameras to display on a single monitor, and they support analog and HD security cameras.
- The monitor connected to the iDVR-PRO can display 1, 4, 9, and 16 camera views.
- The 4 monitors connected to the 4 quad video processors can display 1, 2, and 4 camera views.
Download the VDS-1664HD Specification
Designing a large security camera installation with multiple monitor displays can be challenging. CCTV Camera Pros has a staff of video surveillance engineers that help design systems for residential, commercial, and government applications. Please call or email us if you have any questions.