The VDS-104HD is a one to four channel CCTV video distribution box that is compatible with analog CCTV cameras and HD security cameras - HD-TVI, AHD, and HDCVI. The following video resolutions are supported: 5 Megapixel, 4 Megapixel, 3 Megapixel, 1080p, 720p, 960H, D1, CIF. This video splitter has one BNC video input and distributes video from that input to 4 BNC outputs. You can also install these video splitters with amplifiers to boost video signals longer distances.
This is an excellent device for surveillance video applications that require a security camera to be connected to multiple monitors or DVRs. Output channel four has a video + data option that allows a DVR to control the OSD (On Screen Display) of some HD security cameras. The 12V DC power supply is included with this product.
This product is made for use with HD-TVI, AHD, and HDCVI cameras and does NOT work with HD-SDI security cameras. CCTV Camera Pros also supplies splitters for HD-SDI type cameras. You can find HD-SDI video splitters here.
- Supports "HD Over Coax" Security Cameras - HD-TVI, AHD, and HDCVI
- Supports Analog CCTV cameras
- Works with CIF, 960H, and D1 Analog Resolutions
- 720p, 1080p, 3MP, 4MP, 5 MP HD over Coax Video Resolutions Supported
- Works with NTSC and PAL video standards
- 1 BNC Video Input - 75 Ohm
- 4 BNC Video Outputs - 75 Ohm
- Built-in TVS Surge Protection / Transient-Voltage-Suppression diode
- DC Power Supply Included
- 110 mA Power Consumption
- Dimensions in millimeters - 138 x 86 x 30
Installing the VDS-104HD is easy. Here is how it works.
- RG59 Coax cable with a BNC connector or pre-made security camera cables is used to wire the security camera to the BNC input of the VDS-104HD video distributor.
- Each BNC video output can be wired to a surveillance DVR or TV monitor.
Please note that analog CCTV cameras can be directly connected to analog CCTV monitors or the analog RCA input of standard TVs. HD cameras require a BNC to HDMI converter to be connected to the HDMI input of a TV or monitor. HD security cameras CAN NOT connect directly to the analog video input of a TV. Here are some converters that work with HD security cameras.
If you need to amplify the video signal for any of your surveillance cameras in addition to splitting the signal, the AMP-1001 analog CCTV video amplifier and the AMP-101HD HD security camera amplifier can be used in conjunction with the VDS-104HD. The AMP-101HD is compatible with AHD, HD-TVI, and HDCVI cameras.
In the above application, an AHD security camera is connected to the BNC input of the VDS-104HD using RG59 coax cable. This application would also work with HD-TVI and HDCVI cameras with a compatible HDMI converter. Two of the BNC video outputs of the VDS-104HD are connected to an AMP-101HD. If we were using an analog CCTV camera, the AMP-101HD would be replaced with an AMP-1001. The output that is going to the monitor is connected to an AHD-CV7 AHD to HDMI converter so that the signal can feed into a standard TV using HDMI cable.
The AMP-1001 can boost analog video signals up to 1000 meters / 3280 feet using a high-quality RG59 coax cable. The AMP-101HD can boost up to 2600 feet / 800 meters and up to three AMP101HDs can be stacked together for a max distance of 7800 feet / 2400 meters.