The VDS-1632HD is 32 channel CCTV video distribution box that works with HD security cameras (AHD HD-TVI HDCVI) and analog CCTV cameras. The following video resolutions are supported: 5 Megapixel, 4 Megapixel, 3 Megapixel, 1080p, 720p, 960H, D1, CIF. This video distributor has 16 BNC video inputs and 32 BNC outputs. This is an excellent device for surveillance video applications that require multiple security cameras to be connected to multiple monitors, video processors, or DVRs. The VDS-1632HD splitter can be used with video amplifiers if you also need to extend the video signal of any of your security cameras. It is enclosed in a 1U rack-mount case and the 12V DC power supply is included.
Installers can use 75Ohm RG59 cable or RG6 cable with this product.
This product is made for use with HDCVI cameras, HD-TVI cameras, and AHD cameras. It does NOT work with HD-SDI security cameras. You can find HD-SDI video splitters here.
- HDCVI, AHD, and HD-TVI Cameras Supported
- Analog CCTV Cameras Supported (CVBS)
- All HD over Coax Video Resolutions Supported
- Works with NTSC and PAL Analog Cameras
- D1 and 960H Analog Resolutions Supported
- 16 BNC Video Inputs - 75 Ohm
- 32 BNC Video Outputs - 75 Ohm
- Built-in power surge protection / TVS
- 12V DC 1 Amp Power Supply Included
- Power Consuption: 700mA
- Dimensions: 483 x 105.5 x 44mm / 19 x 4.1 x 1.7 inches
- Weight: 2050 Grams / 4.5 Pounds
The VDS-1632 is easy to install. Here is how it works.
- Each BNC video input has two BNC video outputs.
- Each channel can be used for any type HD security camera (AHD, HD-TVI, HDCVI) or analog CCTV camera.
- In the above diagram, the security camera on the left is connected to a video input using RG59 coax cable with a BNC connector end.
- The two video outputs from the camera on the left are connected to a DVR.
- The security camera on the right is connected to another video input channel on the video distribution box - using RG59 coax cable.
- The two outputs from that channel are each connected to a video display monitor.
- The VDS-1632 is powered using the 12V DC power supply that is included.
- The VDS-1632 can be desktop or rack mounted.
**Please note that analog CCTV cameras can be directly connected to analog CCTV monitors or the analog RCA input of standard TVs. However, HD cameras require a BNC to HDMI converter to be connected to the HDMI input of a TV or monitor. HD security cameras CAN NOT connect directly to the analog video input of a TV. Here are some converters that work with HD security cameras.
If you need to amplify the video signal for any of your security cameras in addition to splitting the signal, the AMP-1001 analog CCTV video amplifier and the AMP-101HD HD over coax video amplifiers can be used in conjunction with the VDS-1632HD. The AMP-101HD is compatible with AHD, HD-TVI, and HDCVI type cameras. In the above application, the video output from each security camera is boosted before sending the signal to the VDS-1632HD. With these single-channel video amps, they can be used on as few or as many of the 16 channels as you require.
Amplify the Input and Output Video Signal
Some applications may require the video output from the security camera and one or both of the split video signals to also be amplified. You can amplify video signals on the input and output side of the VDS-1632HD video splitter. That is what is happening in the above installation. The two video outputs from the splitter are both amplified before being transmitted to the monitor and DVR.