The AMP-101HD is an HD CCTV camera video amplifier that works with the following camera types: AHD, HD-TVI, HDCVI, and analog CCTV (CVBS). This is a single channel amp that uses a BNC video input and output. It is designed to be used with 75ohm RG6 or RG59 coax cable. 1080p AHD and HDCVI video transmission can be boosted up to 800 meters (2600 feet) and 1080p HD-TVI cameras can be boosted up to 600 meters (2000 feet) using one amplifier. This device also works with 720p resolution cameras. NTSC and PAL formats are both supported.
Multiple amps can be combined on a single cable run to extend the video transmission distance even further. For example, one AMP-101HD can be installed on the camera side of the cable run and another on the DVR or monitor side to boost AHD and HDCVI camera up to 1500 meters / 5000 feet and HD-TVI up to 1200 meters / 4000 feet.
A 12V-DC power supply is included. Up to 3 units can be powered from the same power adapter using the included power jumper cables.
This product does NOT work with HD-SDI security cameras. CCTV Camera Pros also supplies splitters/amplifiers for HD-SDI type cameras. You can find HD-SDI video splitters here.
- Compatible with HD-TVI, AHD, and HDCVI Cameras
- Compatible with analog CCTV cameras (CVBS)
- 1 BNC Video Input - 75 Ohms
- 1 BNC Video Output - 75 Ohms
- Amplifies HD-TVI Video Transmission up to 2000 feet / 600 meters
- Amplifies HDCVI Video Transmission up to 2600 feet / 800 meters
- Amplifies AHD Video Transmission up to 2600 feet / 800 meters
- Multiple Amplifiers can be used to extend distance further
- Middle Frequancy Gain / High Frequancy Gain / Brightness Adjustments
- Works with 1080p and 720p cameras
- Works with NTSC and PAL formats
- Power Consumption 150mA Max
- 12V DC 500mA Power Supply Included
The AMP-101HD is easy to install. In this example, the video amplifier is installed on the DVR end of the cable run. Here is how it works.
- The HD CCTV camera (AHD / HD-TVI / HDCVI) is connected to the video input of the amplifier using RG59 coax cable with BNC connectors. RG6 cable can also be used. Be sure to use 75 ohm coax cable that is made for CCTV. Please note that the camera must be powered locally where it is mounted. It is not possible to run low voltage power at these distanced back to the location of the DVR.
- The coax cable can be run up to 800 meters / 2600 feet for AHD and CVI cameras / 600 meters / 2000 feet for HD-TVI.
- RG59 or RG6 coaxial cable connects the video output of the amp to the DVR.
- A PT-4 power lead is included and is connected to the +/- power terminals on the amplifier. The PT-4 is connected to the 12V DC power supply that is also included.
- It is also recommended to use the ground cable that is included. That is the third terminal on the block.
- The gain frequency and brightness dials can be adjusted to clarify the picture as needed. Installers should test with the factory settings first.
Extend Distance with Multiple Amps
Multiple amplifiers can be used together to increase video transmission distance even further. In the above installation, one amp is positioned at each end of the cable run. This allows RG59 or RG6 cable to be run up to 1500 meters / 5000 feet for AHD or HDCVI cameras and 1200 meters / 4000 feet for HD-TVI cameras.