The AMP-101HD is an HD CCTV camera video amplifier that works with the following camera types: AHD, HD-TVI, HD-CVI, and analog CCTV (CVBS). This is a single channel amp that uses a BNC video input and output. It is designed to be used with 75ohm RG6 or RG59 coax cable.
1080p AHD and HD-CVI video transmission can be boosted up to 800 meters (2600 feet) and 1080p HD-TVI cameras can be boosted up to 600 meters (2000 feet) using one amplifier. This device works with D1, 960H, 720p, 1080p, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, and 8mp / 8K resolution cameras. NTSC and PAL formats are both supported.
Multiple amps can be combined on a single cable run to extend the video transmission distance even further. For example, one AMP-101HD can be installed on the camera side of the cable run and another on the DVR or monitor side to boost AHD and HD-CVI camera up to 1500 meters / 5000 feet and HD-TVI up to 1200 meters / 4000 feet. Please refer to the latest updated max cable distance chart here.
A 12V-DC power supply is included. Up to 3 units can be powered from the same power adapter using the included power jumper cables.
This product does NOT work with HD-SDI security cameras. CCTV Camera Pros also supplies splitters/amplifiers for HD-SDI type cameras. You can find
HD-SDI video splitters here.
- Compatible with HD-TVI, AHD, and HD-CVI Cameras
- Compatible with analog CCTV cameras (CVBS)
- 720p, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, and 8mp / 4K security camera support
- CIF, D1, 960H Resolution supported for analog CCTV cameras (CVBS)
- 1 BNC Video Input - 75 Ohms
- 1 BNC Video Output - 75 Ohms
- Amplifies HD-TVI Video Transmission up to 2000 feet / 600 meters
- Amplifies HD-CVI Video Transmission up to 2600 feet / 800 meters
- Amplifies AHD Video Transmission up to 2600 feet / 800 meters
- Amplifies Analog CCTV (CVBS) Video Transmission up to 2600 feet / 800 meters
- Installations with 2 Amplifiers doubles the max distance. Refer to to this max distance chart.
- Multiple Amplifiers can be used to extend distance further
- Middle-Frequency Gain / High-Frequency Gain / Brightness Adjustments
- Works with 1080p and 720p cameras
- Works with NTSC and PAL formats
- Power Consumption 150mA Max
- 12V DC 500mA Power Supply Included
The AMP-101HD is easy to install. In this example, the video amplifier is installed on the DVR end of the cable run. Here is how it works.
- The HD CCTV camera (AHD / HD-TVI / HDCVI) is connected to the video input of the amplifier using RG59 coax cable with BNC connectors. RG6 cable can also be used. Be sure to use 75-ohm coax cable that is made for CCTV. Please note that the camera must be powered locally where it is mounted. It is not possible to run low voltage power at these distanced back to the location of the DVR.
- The coax cable can be run up to 800 meters / 2600 feet for AHD and CVI cameras / 600 meters / 2000 feet for HD-TVI.
- RG59 or RG6 coaxial cable connects the video output of the amp to the DVR.
- A PT-4 power lead is included and is connected to the +/- power terminals on the amplifier. The PT-4 is connected to the 12V DC power supply that is also included.
- It is also recommended to use the ground cable that is included. That is the third terminal on the block.
- The gain frequency and brightness dials can be adjusted to clarify the picture as needed. Installers should test with the factory settings first.
Extend Distance with Multiple Amps
Multiple amplifiers can be used together to increase video transmission distance even further. In the above installation, one amp is positioned at each end of the cable run. This allows RG59 or RG6 cable to be run up to 1500 meters / 5000 feet for AHD or HDCVI cameras and 1200 meters / 4000 feet for HD-TVI cameras.
The maximum distance that coax security camera video signals can be amplified can be effected by the quality of the cable, camera, DVR, BNC connectors, and installation. The max cable distances are also different depending on the video standard that is used (AHD, HD-TVI, HD-CVI). These are the max distances that can be achieved by using a single AMP-101HD installation and a dual (pair) of AMP-101HD installation.
Single Amplifier Installation Max Cable Distances
- HD-TVI: 720p, 1080p = 600 meters / 2000 feet
- HD-TVI: 5mp, 8mp / 4K = 400 meters/ 1300 feet
- AHD: 720p, 1080p, 4mp = 800 meters / 2600 feet
- AHD 5mp = 400 meters / 1300 feet
- AHD 8mp / 4K = 450 meters / 1500 feet
- HD-CVI: 720p, 1080p = 800 meters / 2600 feet
- HD-CVI: 8mp / 4K = 400 meters / 1300 feet
- Analog CCTV (CVBS): 960H, D1 = 800 meters / 2600 feet
Dual Amplifier Installation Max Cable Distances
- HD-TVI: 720p, 1080p = 1200 meters / 4000 feet
- HD-TVI: 5mp, 8mp / 4K = 800 meters/ 2600 feet
- AHD: 720p, 1080p, 4mp = 1600 meters / 5250 feet
- AHD 5mp = 800 meters / 2600 feet
- AHD 8mp / 4K = 900 meters / 3000 feet
- HD-CVI: 720p, 1080p = 1600 meters / 5250 feet
- HD-CVI 8mp / 4K = 800 meters / 2600 feet
- Analog CCTV (CVBS): 960H, D1 = 1600 meters / 5250 feet