Geovision Manual and Installation Guides
CCTV Camera Pros provides the following online Geovision manuals for your convenience. We also have an excellent Geovision DVR card support page that contains links to common setup tasks that we have documented much better than the manufacturer.
Geovision 8.5 Manual
Geovision 8.5 Manual - this is the entire Geovision 8.5 DVR / NVR software manual in one PDF file.
Geovision 8.4 Manual
Geovision 8.4 Manual - this is the entire Geovision 8.4 DVR / NVR software manual in one PDF file.
Geovision 8.3 Manual
Geovision 8.3 Manual - this is the entire Geovision 8.3 manual in one big PDF file.
Geovision 8.2 Manual
Geovision 8.2 Manual - this is the entire Geovision 8.2 surveillance system manual on one big PDF file.
Geovision 8.12 ManualThe Geovision 8.12 manual is broken up by one PDF file per chapter.
Note: Items noted in BOLD are linked to step by step online documentation in our Geovision surveillance support and knowledgebase page.
Bookmark this web page for future reference.
- Geovision Manual Contents
- Chapter 1, Configuring Main System, covers the following topics: system configuration, start/stop monitoring, playing back video files, system log, recording schedule, PTZ control panel, touch screen support, retrieving images using object index, detecting unattended and missing objects, object tracking and zooming, configuring hybrid cameras, privacy mask protection, scene change detection, advanced motion detection, hard disk calculator, DSP spot monitor controller, system idle protection, version information, and fast key reference.
- Chapter 2, I/O Applications, covers setting up I/O devices, the I/O control panel, moving a PTZ camera to a preset location upon an alarm event, detecting input state, I/O enable setting, and the advanced I/O panel.
- Chapter 3, Point of Sale (POS) Application, walks users through setting up a geovision point of sale system and setting of POS live view.
- Chapter 4, Playing Back Video Files, covers playing back from the viewlog, recycling option for video files, playing back across a LAN (local area network), playing back over the Internet using a control center server, playing back over the Internet using remote playback, and the fast key reference.
- Chapter 5, Backing Up and Deleting Video Files, explains audio/video backup using the backup system, backing up log data using the system log, backing up files using viewLog, backing up at the client PC, deleting files using the backup system, deleting files using viewLog, and repairing damages file paths.
- Chapter 6, Viewing Live Video Using WebCam, covers how to configure the Geovision webcam server, starting webcam at the PC client, single view MPEG4 encoder viewer, multiview MPEG4 encoder viewer, JPEG image viewer, remote playback on webcam, remote control using remote desktop, remote viewing with PDA, and remote viewing with mobile phone.
- Chapter 7, E-Map Application, covers how to create and E-Map file and how to start E-Map locally and remotely.
- Chapter 8, Live Viewing Using Remote Applications, covers how to use and how to setup the Geovision remote viewer and geovision IP multicast.
- Chapter 9, Central Monitoring by Center V2, covers installing center v2, creating a subscriber account, creating a subscriber schedule, configuration, how to connect, event log browser, monitoring and managing subscribers, output alerts, notification settings, SMS alerts, email alerts, and emap alerts.
- Chapter 10, Short Message Service, covers installing the SMS server, the SMS server window, SMS server setup, SMS log, password security, connecting the Geovision System to SMS server, and setting mobile phone numbers.
- Chapter 11, Useful Utilities, covers setting up dynamic DNS, twin DVR system, watermark viewer, twin view display, Windows lockup, authentication server, fast backup and restore, and hot-swap recording.
- Chapter 12, Geovision troubleshooting, covers how to troubleshoot some common hardware and software error messages.
Geovision Installation Guide
- Geovision Installation Guide Contents
- Chapter 1, Geovision Video Capture Cards, provides an overview and comparison of the following dvr cards: GV-250, GV-600, GV-650, GV-800, GV-1120, GV-1240, GV-1480. This chapter also contains minimum system requirements, packing list, connection diagrams, specifications, and driver installation.
- Chapter 2, Geovision Hardware Accessories, provides overview diagrams, specifications, driver information and system requirements for installing various geovision accessory components.
- Chapter 3, Geovision Software Installation, walks users through installing the geovision version 8 software. This chapter also lists the programs that are on the installation CD.
- Chapter 4, Geovision Screen Overview, covers the user interface of the Geovision software. The user interface screens that are covered are the main system, view log, remote playback client, singleview MPEG4 encoder viewer, multiview MPEG4 encoder viewer, rempote playback on webcam, center v2, and control center toolbar.
- Chapter 5, Geovision Troubleshooting, discusses possible problems that may be encountered such as video or audio loss, screen distortion, and various error messages.
Geovision System Requirements and Card Specifications
Geovision GV-NET Installation Guide
Click here to view the Geovision GV-NET Installation Guide
About these documents
These documents are provided in PDF format. Follow this link to download the Adobe Acrobat reader if you do not already have it installed.