The Viewtron VT-DVR-16 is an 16 channel DVR, hybrid DVR / NVR that works with BNC security cameras (CCTV) and network IP cameras. This 16ch DVR (digital video recorder) is compatible with analog CCTV cameras, HD Coax / BNC cameras, and network IP cameras. This hybrid DVR / NVR has 16 BNC video inputs that support analog CCTV (CVBS), AHD, HD-TVI, and HD-CVI type security cameras up to 4K resolution. In addition, the VT-DVR-16 also supports up to 8 IP cameras over network connection, making this a 24ch hybrid DVR / NVR.
Watch this video demo to see how easy these DVRs are to use.
Remote Access for Security Camera Viewing
This 16 channel DVR supports remote access so that you can view your security cameras and manage your DVR from mobile and desktop. This hybrid DVR include mobile apps for iPhone and Android. Desktop software for Mac and Windows is also included for free.
You can view your security cameras live and playback recorded video on your DVR from all of these platforms from remotely over the Internet. The setup is simple. You have the choice of either configuring port forwarding on your router or scanning a QR code on the DVR to enable remote access. By the way, there are no monthly fees!
Watch this video to see how easy it is to watch live video and playback recorded video surveillance footage on a Viewtron hybrid 4K DVR.
- Type: Stand Alone Hybrid DVR with Embedded Linux OS
- Video Input: 16 BNC Camera Inputs + 8ch IP Camera over Network (24ch total input)
- Supported Video Formats: Analog CCTV (CVBS), HD-TVI, HD-CVI, AHD, IP, ONVIF
- Resolutions: 960H, 720p / 1mp, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 8mp / 4K
- Audio Surveillance: Yes. 8 RCA Inputs
- BNC Camera Recording Rate: 30fps@1080p, 15fps@4mp, 12fps@5mp, 8fps@4K
- IP Camera Recording Rate: 30fps@1080p, 30fps@4mp, 30fps@5mp, 30fps@4K
- Recording Modes: Continuous Recording, Recording Schedule, Motion Detection Recording, Alarm Recording
- Video Compression / Codec: H.264, H.265
- Monitor Outputs: HDMI, VGA, BNC
- HDMI Display: 4K Resolution
- VGA Display: 1080p Resolution
- Alarm Ports: 16 Inputs, 4 Outputs
- Rack Mount: Yes. Rack Mount Hardware Included
- Alarm Notification: Email, Push Notification to Mobile Apps, Desktop Software
- Mobile Apps: Yes. iPhone App, Android Mobile App
- CMS Software: Yes. Mac Software and Windows Software
- PTZ Camera Support: UTC (Up the Coax) Support to Control PTZ Over RG59 Video Cable
- Cash Register / POS Text Integration: Yes. POS Text Overlay for Cash Registers Supported.
- Max Storage: 2 Hard Drive Bays, 12TB each (24TB total)
- Installed Storage: 1TB HDD Included
- DVR Controls: USB Mouse Included. Wireless IR Remote Control Optional Add-On
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- Tech Support: Lifetime Technical Support Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- Detailed Specification: Download the product specification PDF file.
- NDAA Compliant DVR: Yes. NDAA Compliant DVR. Approved for Government Use.
16 Channel BNC Input
Here is a view of the back panel of the DVR so that you can see all of the BNC ports and other connections. Please click on the image for a larger view.
Supported Security Camera Types & Recording Resolutions
- Analog CCTV (CVBS) - CIF, D1, 960H
- AHD (analog high definition) - 720p, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 8mp / 4K
- HD-TVI - 720p, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 8mp / 4K
- HD-CVI - 720p, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 8mp / 4K
- Network IP Cameras - 720p, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 8mp / 4K
Recording Rates - Resolutions (BNC cameras)
- 30 FPS per camera - 960H (960 x 480), 720p, 1080p
- 15 FPS per camera @ 4mp
- 12 FPS per camera @ 5mp
- 8 FPS per camera @ 4K / 8mp
IP cameras can be recorded at 30FPS up to 4K / 8mp resolution.
Complete Security Camera System Quote
Did you know? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a complete surveillance system quote that includes any Viewtron DVR / NVR with cameras, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors? We can even mix and match IP cameras and BNC security cameras because Viewtron DVRs are hybrid. This means that they work with just about any type of security camera. We have special offers available when you bundle our 16 channel DVR with security cameras and cables. We also include free shipping inside the USA.
As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2ch, 4ch, 8ch, 16ch, and 32 camera security systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different security camera models that we carry. So, we can also provide you with a custom quote with as many cameras as you need and a mix of any combination of camera model(s) based on your project requirements.
In the above video, the mobile app connects to the
Viewtron IP camera NVR at CCTV Camera Pros office. Please note that the app looks exactly the same when you connect to a Viewtron hybrid BNC DVR. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no monthly fees. In addition to the live camera view, the iPhone app can also playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive and receive push notifications when motion is detected by your cameras.
The CCTV Camera Pros' NVR is connected to 6
Viewtron IP cameras, including 4K AI security cameras and an LPR / ANPR camera (license plate recognition / automatic number plate recognition). You can watch additional video demos of the Viewtron security camera app here. Learn more about how to view your security cameras from iPhone here.
View your security cameras from the Android app that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Android app can also playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive and receive push notifications when motion is detected. Learn more about how the
security camera app from Android here.
Watch this video to how to setup push notifications in the mobile app for iPhone and Android. You can setup push messages to be sent upon motion detection and other alarm events that are supported by the DVR.
View your security camera with Mac software that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Mac DVR software can also search and playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive. Learn more about how to
view your security cameras with Mac software here.
View your security camera with Windows PC software that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from the Viewtron VMS software via any WIFI or cellular connection. There are no additional monthly fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Windows DVR viewer software can also search and playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive. Learn more about how to
view your security cameras with Windows PC software here.
Video Storage Space / Hard Drive Upgrade
Will the standard size hard drive be large enough storage for the number of days of recording that you require? You can use our online
video storage calculator to estimate how much hard drive space you will need for your DVR.
The above diagram shows how a POS camera system / cash register camera system can be installed with a Viewtron DVR / NVR. Viewtron POS integration allows point of sale text overlay over one or more security cameras on your system. The point of sale / cash register text can be captured via direct network integration or via the cash register printer port using our POS text capture box. This is done by connecting both devices to the same network switch or router using CAT5 or CAT6 network cable. The security camera is hard wired to the DVR using coax cable. The BNC camera in the diagram can be an analog CCTV camera or an HD-over-Coax camera. You can also use network IP cameras.
You can learn more about Viewtron POS camera system integrations with Viewtron DVRs and NVRs here.
Optional Wireless Remote
Most of our customers prefer to use the USB mouse that is included to control their DVRs and NVRs. However, we do have an optional wireless remote control available. One function that customers do find useful to be able to control with the wireless remote is the ability to switch between live video display screen layouts. All of the other controls are much more convenient to access using the mouse that is included.
Download Spec Sheet
Download User Manual
This security camera DVR is NDAA compliant. That means that it is not manufactured by any of the manufacturers on the NDAA (the National Defense Authorization Act) list of banned manufacturers. This DVR does not use any materials from banned manufacturers either. This DVR may safely be purchased for government use. You can download
CCTV Camera Pros NDAA letter of guarantee here.
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau and an average of 5 star reviews at Reseller Ratings. We were able to achieve this through the outstanding technical support and customer service that our team provides to our customers.