The Viewtron VT-DVR-4 is an 4 channel hybrid security camera DVR / NVR that is compatible with analog CCTV, HD Coax / BNC, and network IP cameras. This hybrid DVR / NVR has 4 BNC video inputs that support analog CCTV (CVBS), AHD, HD-TVI, and HD-CVI type security cameras up to 4K resolution. In addition, the VT-DVR-4 also supports up to 2 IP cameras over network connection, effectively making this a 6ch hybrid DVR / NVR.
Watch this video demo to see how easy these DVRs are to use. This DVR is NDAA compliant for government use.
Remote Security Camera Viewing Apps & Software Included
Viewtron DVRs and NVRs include mobile apps for iPhone and Android. Desktop software for Mac and Windows is also included for free. You can view your security cameras live and playback recorded video on your DVR from all of these platforms - remotely over the Internet. There are no monthly fees.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to watch live video and playback recorded video surveillance footage on a Viewtron hybrid 4K DVR.
- Type: Stand Alone Hybrid DVR with Embedded Linux OS
- Video Input: 4 BNC Camera Inputs + 2ch IP Camera over Network (6ch total)
- Supported Video Formats: Analog CCTV (CVBS), HD-TVI, HD-CVI, AHD, IP, ONVIF
- Resolutions: 960H, 720p / 1mp, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 8mp / 4K
- Audio Surveillance: Yes. 4 RCA Inputs
- Recording Rate: 30fps@1080p, 15fps@4mp, 12fps@5mp, 8fps@4K
- Recording Modes: Continuous, Schedule, Motion Detection, Alarm
- Video Compression / Codec: H.264, H.265
- Monitor Outputs: HDMI, VGA, BNC
- HDMI Display: 4K Resolution
- VGA Display: 1080p Resolution
- Alarm Ports: 4 Inputs, 1 Outputs
- Alarm Notification: Email, Push Notification to Mobile Apps, Desktop Software
- Mobile Apps: iPhone, Android
- VMS Software: Video Management Software for Mac and Windows PCs
- PTZ Camera Support: UTC (Up the Coax) Support to Control PTZ Over RG59 Video Cable
- Cash Register / POS Integration: Yes. Text Overlay. Cash Registers Supported
- Max Storage: 1 Hard Drive Bays, up to 12TB each
- Installed Storage: 1TB Hard Drive Included
- DVR Controls: USB Mouse Included. Wireless IR Remote Control Optional Add-On
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- Tech Support: Lifetime Technical Support Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- NDAA Compliant DVR: Yes
- Detailed Specification: Download the product specification PDF file.
Supported Security Camera Types & Recording Resolutions
- Analog CCTV (CVBS) - CIF, D1, 960H
- AHD (analog high definition) - 720p, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 8mp / 4K
- HD-TVI - 720p, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 8mp / 4K
- HD-CVI - 720p, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 8mp / 4K
- Network IP Cameras - 720p, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 8mp / 4K
Recording Rates - Resolutions (BNC cameras)
- 30 FPS per camera - 960H (960 x 480), 720p, 1080p
- 15 FPS per camera @ 4mp
- 12 FPS per camera @ 5mp
- 7 FPS per camera @ 4K / 8mp
IP cameras can be recorded at 30FPS up to 4K / 8mp resolution.
Complete Security Camera System Quote
Did you know? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a complete surveillance system quote that includes any Viewtron DVR / NVR with cameras, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors? We can even mix and match IP cameras and BNC security cameras because Viewtron DVRs are hybrid. This means that they work with just about any type of security camera. As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2, 4, 8, and 16 camera surveillance systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different camera models that we carry. So, we can also
provide you with a custom quote with as many cameras as you need and a mix of any combination of camera model(s) based on your project requirements.
View your security camera from the iPhone app that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the iPhone app can also playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive and receive push notifications when motion is detected by your cameras.
Learn more about how to view your security cameras from iPhone here.
View your security camera from the Android app that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Android app can also playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive and receive push notifications when motion is detected.
Learn more about
how-to view your security cameras from Android here.
View your security camera with Mac software that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from any WIFI or cellular connection and there are no additional fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Mac DVR software can also search and playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive.
Learn more about
how-to view your security cameras with Mac software here.
View your security camera with Windows PC software that is included with all Viewtron DVRs and NVRs. You can access your security cameras remotely from the Viewtron VMS software via any WIFI or cellular connection. There are no additional monthly fees. In addition to the live camera view, the Windows DVR viewer software can also search and playback recorded video surveillance footage on your DVR's hard drive.
Learn more about
how-to view your security cameras with Windows PC software here.
Video Storage Space / Hard Drive Upgrade
Will the standard size hard drive be large enough storage for the number of days of recording that you require? You can use our online video storage calculator to estimate how much hard drive space you will need for your DVR.
The above diagram shows how a POS system /cash register can be installed with a Viewtron DVR. This allows point of sale text overlay over one or more security cameras on your system. The point of sale / cash register is connected to the same network as the network video recorder. This is done by connecting both devices to the same network switch or router using CAT5 or CAT6 network cable. The security camera is hard wired to the DVR using coax cable. The BNC camera in the diagram can be an analog CCTV camera or an HD-over-Coax camera.
You can learn more about
CCTV POS integration with Viewtron DVRs and NVRs here.
Optional Wireless Remote
Most of our customers prefer to use the USB mouse that is included to control their DVRs and NVRs. However, we do have an optional wireless remote control available. One function that customers do find useful to be able to control with the wireless remote is the ability to switch between live video display screen layouts. All of the other controls are much more convenient to access using the mouse that is included.
Download Spec Sheet
Download User Manual
This security camera DVR is NDAA compliant. That means that it is not manufactured by any of the manufacturers on the NDAA (the National Defense Authorization Act) list of banned manufacturers. This DVR does not use any materials from banned manufacturers either. This camera may safely be purchased for government use.
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau and an average of 5 star reviews at Reseller Ratings. We were able to achieve this through the outstanding technical support and customer service that our team provides to our customers.