The AHD-PIR4 is an AHD motion detector security camera with hidden IR LEDs that provide invisible infrared night vision. This AHD CCTV camera has a built-in audio surveillance microphone. The infrared LEDs are completely hidden in the PIR motion sensor casing which makes this camera completely covert even when it's infrared is on. This camera uses 940nm IR LEDs, which do not emit a red glow like traditional surveillance cameras and are completely invisible to the human eye.
The AHD-PIR4 has a built-in microphone that can optionally also capture audio surveillance in addition to the high def video. You can listen to a demo of the audio surveillance microphone here. Video and audio can be recorded using an AHD DVR such as the latest iDVR-PRO HD / CCTV Hybrid DVRs which support traditional analog CCTV cameras as well as 720p and 1080p AHD cameras. The 3.7mm fixed pinhole lens provides a wide angle of view that is ideal for most applications.
This camera is an excellent choice for indoor covert spy security applications that require high definition video ~ HD 720P resolution. This camera can capture video in normal lighting conditions as well as in complete darkness. The gimbal wall mount bracket allows installers to angle this camera in all directions.
The Sony CMOS image sensor captures detailed video in full 720P resolution at 30 frames per second. Please note that AHD technology is sometimes referred to as HD CCTV. Installers can use the same RG-59 or RG6 coaxial cable that is used for analog CCTV cameras to run video from this camera to a DVR.The 24 IR LEDs can illuminate up to 32 feet and the built-in on-screen display lets installers adjust advanced features such as wide dynamic range (WDR), SENS-UP, shutter speed, and 3D digital noise reduction.
If you would like to connect this camera directly to an HDMI compliant TV / Monitor, please refer to the AHD-CV7 AHD to HDMI converter, or select it from the drop-down above.
IMPORTANT NOTE: AHD cameras are compatible only with AHD DVRs.
Motion Detector Security Camera Features
- 1/3" Sony CMOS Sensor
- HD 720p Resolution
- 1280 x 720 Pixel Resolution
- AHD CCTV Camera
- Video Connector: BNC
- Power Connector: 2.1mm Plug
- Zero Light Infrared Night Vision
- 24 Pieces 940nm Invisible IR LEDs
- Invisible Infrared Emits NO Red Glow
- 3.7mm Pinhole Lens
- Built-in Audio Surveillance Mic
- Digital Wide Dynamic Range Function
- OSD Controls via Cable / Joystick (included)
- 12V DC 500mA power supply included
The AHD-PIR18 HD hidden PIR camera is the 1080p AHD version of this camera.
The invisible infrared of the AHD-PIR4 are hidden behind the PIR window, making this AHD camera covert and completely undetectable. The IR uses 940nm wavelength which does not transmit a red glow (like traditional IR does). The small black circle below the infrared LEDs is the 3.7mm pinhole camera which naturally looks like part of the PIR motion sensor that this camera is designed to look like. These features make the AHD-PIR4 the best choice for hidden spy surveillance in high definition (720P AHD).
Watch the above video to hear a sample of audio surveillance captured using the camera's built-in surveillance microphone.
CCTV Camera Pros Testing Summary
After testing the AHD-PIR4 thoroughly in various indoor lighting conditions, CCTV Camera Pros is very confident in recommending hidden PIR camera for surveillance applications in full light, low light, and zero light conditions. We believe that this the best hidden infrared AHD camera available.
The below image shows the cable leads and connectors that are used to install the AHD-PIR4.
- DC Power Input - this camera includes a 12V DC power supply that connects to this input. The power connector on premade RG59 Siamese cables can also be plugged in or a PT-3 power cable lead if you are using a spool of RG59 Siamese cable.
- Audio Output (RCA) - if you want to capture audio, connect this RCA output to the audio input of your DVR. You can use RG59 coaxial cable if you plan on using the built-in audio mic.
- AHD Video Output (BNC) - this is the AHD video output that you connect to your AHD DVR.
- OSD Joystick Input - the OSD joystick that is included with this camera connects here. It allows the installer to fine tune the software settings of the camera. For most installations, the factory default settings work best and this does not need to be adjusted.
Mount & Installation
The AHD-PIR4 is simple to install. The wall mount bracket attaches with two screws and the PIR camera simply slides on to the wall bracket. The installer can then adjust the angle of the camera in any direction because of the gimble mount.
The below image notes the size and dimensions of the AHD-PIR4.
Specification & Manual
Download the AHD-PIR4 Specification.
Infrared CCTV Spy Cameras
This hidden PIR camera is also available in an analog CCTV version, the PIR-IR60. It comes in the same exact PIR sensor body as the AHD-PIR4 and uses the same invisible IR LEDs. The difference is that is designed for CCTV DVRs (not AHD) and supports 960H resolution (960 x 480), not 720p resolution (1280 x 720).
The AHD-PIR4 works great with an iDVR-PRO hybrid surveillance DVR.
| iPhone / iPad Compatible
| Android Compatible
| Mac Compatible
Click here to learn more about the latest iDVR-PRO CCTV DVRs.
iDVR-PRO Works with Analog CCTV and HD Security Cameras
Users can mix and match different camera technologies. This is perfect for customers that have existing CCTV cameras and want to upgrade to high definition over time. Hybrid iDVR-PROs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
- AHD Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- HD-TVI Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- Analog CCTV Cameras (all analog resolution supported including CIF, D1, 960H)
Request a Demo
Want to see how live video on this camera looks remotely over the Internet, please request a demo login below. You will be able to log in from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also log in from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please note that not all applications stream HD video. Mobile apps stream a lower resolution so that performance is better. Please click here to request a demo login.