The PIR-HD24 is selectable EX-SDI / HD-SDI infrared spy camera with hidden IR LEDs that provide invisible infrared night vision. The camera, built-in audio surveillance microphone and it's infrared LEDs are completely covert because they are hidden in a PIR motion sensor body. This hidden security camera uses 940nm IR LEDs which do not emit a red glow like traditional infrared surveillance cameras.
940nm infrared surveillance is undetectable to the human eye, however, it illuminates black and white image in complete darkness. The camera that is used is a full 1080p resolution HD-SDI pinhole camera.
The PIR-HD24 also has a built-in audio surveillance mic. Use this high definition camera with an
HD-SDI DVR that has audio inputs and you can also capture audio surveillance.
This camera is an excellent choice for indoor
covert spy surveillance applications at high resolution - full HD 1080p video. This camera can capture video in normal lighting conditions as well as in complete darkness. The wall mount allows installers to angle this camera in all directions. Click here to view demo video footage and sample images recorded with this camera. You can also listen to audio captured using the built-in surveillance microphone here.
The Panasonic CMOS image sensor captures vivid video at full 1080p resolution at 30 frames per second / 720p resolution at 60 FPS. Please note that HD-SDI technology is sometimes referred to as HD CCTV. Installers can use the same RG-59 or RG6 coaxial cable that is used for CCTV to
run video from this camera to a DVR. Customers who require only to view live video and do not need to record can
refer to this HD-SDI to HDMI TV installation.
The 24 IR LEDs can illuminate up to 32 feet and the built in on-screen display lets installers adjust advanced features such as wide dynamic range (WDR), SENS-UP, shutter speed, and 3D digital noise reduction.
IMPORTANT NOTE: HD-SDI cameras are compatible only with HD-SDI DVRs.
IR Spy Camera Features
- 1/3" Panasonic CMOS Sensor
- HD 1080p Resolution / 2 Megapixel
- 1920 x 1080 Pixel Resolution
- HD-SDI and EX-SDI Video Formats Supported
- Zero Light Infrared Night Vision
- 24 Pieces 940nm Invisible IR LEDs
- Invisible Infrared Emits NO Red Glow
- 3.7mm Pinhole Lens - 86 degree field of view
- Built-in Audio Surveillance Mic
- Digital Wide Dynamic Range Function
- OSD Controls via Cable / Joystick (included)
- 12V DC 500mA power supply included
The invisible infrared of the PIR-HD24 are hidden behind the PIR window, making this HD SDI camera covert and completely undetectable. The IR uses 940nm wavelength which does not transmit a red glow (like traditional IR does). The small black circle below the infrared LEDs is the 3.7mm pinhole camera which naturally looks like part of the PIR motion sensor that this camera is designed to look like. These features make the PIR-HD24 the best choice for hidden spy surveillance in high definition (1080p HD SDI).
This video demonstrates the normal light and zero light capability of the PIR-HD24. This room is 13 feet wide by 21 feet long. The camera is mounted in the corner of the room and about 8 feet high.
Important Note: Click the gear icon in the lower right of the video player and select 1080p resolution.
Watch the above video to hear a sample of audio surveillance captured using the camera's built-in surveillance microphone.
The following images were captured using the PIR-HD24 in a room at our office that is 13 feet wide and 21 feet long.
Normal Light Surveillance
The first snapshot was captured with the lights on in the office. In day mode, the PIR-HD24 camera captures a crisp full-color image at 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080).
click on the image for a full size view.
Zero Light Infrared Image
This second image was captured with the lights off in the office and the door completely shut. The room is completely dark. The invisible infrared LEDs of the camera illuminate this entire room quite well.
click on the image for a full-size view.
CCTV Camera Pros Testing Summary
After testing the PIR-IR24 thoroughly in various indoor lighting conditions, CCTV Camera Pros is very confident in recommending hidden PIR camera for surveillance applications in full light, low light, and zero light conditions. We believe that this the best hidden infrared HD-SDI cameras available.
The below image shows the cable leads and connectors that are used to install the PIR-HD24.
- DC Power Input - this camera includes a 12V DC power supply that connects to this input. The power connector on premade RG59 Siamese cables can also be plugged in or a PT-3 power cable lead if you are using a spool of RG59 Siamese cable.
- CCTV Video Output (BNC) - this is a standard definition analog output that is typically used to connect the camera to a CCTV test monitor when installing.
- Audio Output (RCA) - if you want to capture audio, connect this RCA output to the audio input of your DVR. You can use RG59 coaxial cable if you plan on using the built-in audio mic.
- HD-SDI Video Output (BNC) - this is the HD-SDI video output that you connect to your HD-SDI DVR.
- OSD Joystick Input - the OSD joystick that is included with this camera connects here. It allows the installer to fine tune the software settings of the camera. For most installations, the factory default settings work best and this does not need to be adjusted.
Mount & Installation
The PIR-IR24 is simple to install. The wall mount bracket attaches with two screws and the PIR camera simply slides on to the wall bracket. The installer can then adjust the angle of the camera in any direction because of the gimble mount.
The below image notes the size and dimensions of the PIR-HD24.
Some customers do not require video recording and just want to be able to view live HD video from this camera. The HD-SDI video output of the PIR-HD24 can be connected to an HDTV / monitor that has an HDMI video input by using an
SDI-CR1 HD-SDI to HDMI converter. Please refer to the below diagram which illustrates how this is connected.
Infrared CCTV Spy Cameras
This hidden PIR camera is also available in an
analog CCTV version, the PIR-IR60, 1080p TVI version, and as a 1080p AHD hidden spy camera. It comes in the same exact PIR sensor body as the PIR-HD24 and uses the same invisible IR LEDs. The difference is that is designed for CCTV DVRs (not HD-SDI) and supports 960H resolution (960 x 480), not 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080). Click here if you are not familiar with the difference between HD-SDI vs CCTV cameras.