The PSPRO-DC18A1 is an 18 channel power supply box that us commonly installed with 16ch surveillance camera systems. This power supply box is a 12V DC output, 20 AMP regulated. Each channel is individually fused using PTC auto reset fuses rated at 1.6 amps. This power distribution box can power up to 16 CCTV cameras, HD security cameras, or IP cameras. The required power input is 110~120VAC. This power supply box can be wired using the 18/2 conductor cable from RG59 Siamese as well as pre-made security camera cables.
12V DC Power Supply Box
- Power up to 18 cameras
- 12 Volt DC
- 20 Amp total output
- UL Listed / CE Listed
- Each channel PTC fused at 1.6 amps
- LED Status for each channel
- Master On / Off Switch with LED status
- Power cord included
- Plugs into standard wall outlet - 110-120V
- Dimensions - 8"W x 11"H x 3.75"D
The PSPRO-DC18A1 uses PTC auto reset fuses instead of traditional one time use fuses. The above image shows a power supply box on the left that uses traditional fuses. The one on the right shows our power distribution box with PTC fuses. PTC is much more convenient because when there is a short circuit, the PTC turns the circuit off. When the short circuit is fixed, the PTC automatically resets. There is no burnt out fuse to replace.
Power Distribution Box
This image shows a closeup of the power distribution block inside the box. It contains the following.
- (2) Master Power Switches (On / Off). One for ports 1-9. One for ports 10-18.
- (2) LED Status Lights. One for each master power switch.
- (18 Pair) Power Output Screw Terminals
- (18) Red LED Status Lights. One for each port.
- (18) PTC Auto Reset Fuses
Pre-cut Wire Knockout Holes
The above image shows both sides of the a similar model power supply box that CCTV Camera Pros supplies. The PSPRO-DC18A1 uses the same style metal case. You can see that there are pre-cut knockout holes for power wires on both sides of the box. These knockouts can be removed by pushing a tool such as a screw through. This will weaken the attached edge. You can then wiggle the knockout back and forth to fully remove it.
The image on the right also shows the location of the power cable input.
Power Supply Box Installation
This diagram shows how to install a
12V DC power supply box with a security camera system using RG59 Siamese coax cable. This is how it works.
Please note that our 12V DC power supply boxes can be used to power CCTV cameras, HD security cameras, network IP cameras, and other 12V DC alarm devices. Many installers use these power distribution boxes to power cameras and alarm system devices such as motion detectors, sirens, and lights.
- The raw cable ends of the 18/2 power wire is connected to one of the ports on the power distribution panel using the screw connectors.
- The camera end of the power cable has a PT-3 DC power cable lead attached so that it can attach to the 2.1mm DC input jack on the dome security camera.
CCTV Installation Guides
We have the following CCTV camera system cable installation guides available. They include instructions on installing a power supply box.