This is a 9 channel 12V DC power supply box for CCTV cameras, HD security cameras, IP cameras, and other 12V DC alarm devices. The total output of this power supply is 10 amps. CCTV Camera Pros supplies many of these with 8 channel security camera systems. Each channel is individually fused using PTC auto reset fuses rated at 60V / 1.6 amps. This power supply box is UL listed and CE listed.
12V DC Power Supply Box
- Power up to 9 cameras
- 12 Volt DC
- 10 Amp total output
- UL Listed / CE Listed
- Each channel PTC fused at 1.6 amps
- LED Status for each channel
- Master On / Off Switch with LED status
- Power cord included
- Plugs into standard wall outlet
- Dimensions - 8"W x 9.5"H x 3.75"D
The PSPRO-DC8A1 uses PTC auto reset fuses instead of traditional one time use fuses. The above image shows a power supply box on the left that uses traditional fuses. The one on the right shows the inside of the PSPRO-DC8A1, which uses PTC. PTC is much more convenient because when there is a short circuit, the PTC turns the circuit off. When the short circuit is fixed, the PTC automatically resets. There is no burnt out fuse to replace.
Pre-cut Wire Knockout Holes
The above image shows both sides of the power supply box. You can see that there are pre-cut knockout holes for power wires on both sides of the box. These knockouts can be removed by pushing a tool such as a screw through. This will weaken the attached edge. You can then wiggle the knockout back and forth to fully remove it.
The image on the right also shows the location of the power cable input.
Power Supply Box Installation
This diagram shows how to install a
12V DC power supply box with a CCTV camera system using RG59 Siamese coax cable. This is how it works.
- The raw cable ends of the 18/2 power wire is connected to one of the ports on the power distribution panel using the screw connectors.
- The camera end of the power cable has a PT-3 DC power cable lead attached so that it can attach to the 2.1mm DC input jack on the dome security camera.
CCTV Installation Guides
We have the following CCTV camera system cable installation guides available. They include instructions on installing a power supply box.