This 12V DC power supply box has 5 amps total output across 9 channels. This power supply box can be used with all types of 12V DC powered security cameras and other alarm devices. CCTV Camera Pros supplies many of power distribution boxes with 9 channel DVR systems. Each channel is individually fused using PTC auto reset fuses rated at 60V / 1.6 amps. This power supply box is UL listed and CE listed.
12V DC Power Supply Box
- NOT RECOMMENDED FOR 4K Cameras
- Power up to 9 cameras
- 12 Volt DC
- 5 Amp total output
- UL Listed / CE Listed
- Each channel PTC fused at 1.6 amps
- LED Status for each channel
- Master On / Off Switch with LED status
- Power cord included
- Plugs into standard wall outlet
- Dimensions - 8"W x 9.5"H x 3.75"D
The PSPRO-DC9 CCTV power distribution box uses PTC auto reset fuses instead of traditional one time use fuses. The above image shows a power supply box on the left that uses traditional fuses. The one on the right shows the inside of the PSPRO-DC9, which uses PTC. PTC is much more convenient because when there is a short circuit, the PTC turns the circuit off. When the short circuit is fixed, the PTC automatically resets. There is no burnt out fuse to replace.
Pre-cut Wire Knockout Holes
The above image shows both sides of the PSPRO-DC8A1 power supply box, which has the exact same case as the PSPRO-DC9. You can see that there are pre-cut knockout holes for power wires on both sides of the box. These knockouts can be removed by pushing a tool such as a screw through. This will weaken the attached edge. You can then wiggle the knockout back and forth to fully remove it.
The image on the right also shows the location of the power cable input.
Power Supply Box Installation
This diagram shows how to install a
12V DC power supply box with a CCTV camera system using RG59 Siamese coax cable. This is how it works.
- The raw cable ends of the 18/2 power wire is connected to one of the ports on the power distribution panel using the screw connectors.
- The camera end of the power cable has a PT-3 DC power cable lead attached so that it can attach to the 2.1mm DC input jack on the dome security camera.
CCTV Installation Guides
We have the following CCTV
cable installation guides available. They include instructions on installing a power supply box.