Recorded Video Backup Export & Playback for iDVR-PRO CCTV DVRs
Follow these instructions to backup / export recorded video surveillance footage from the iDVR-PRO 960H / AHD / H.264 CCTV DVRs from CCTV Camera Pros. These instructions also show users how to playback the backup video files. Users can choose to export the video in the native video format or in AVI format. The AVI format will allow the user to playback the video using a standard Windows media player (or any media player that supports AVI files), while the raw file format will have to be played with the iDVR-PRO Backup Player. In the example below, we will be using the AVI format. You can find the iDVR-PRO CCTV DVRs here that this setup article is applicable to.
Recorded Video Export & Playback Instructions
1. First using the included USB mouse, click the Menu icon in the lower left and then select Archiving. (Shown Below)
2. Now on the Archiving menu, click the New Archiving tab. In this menu, you will select the specific cameras that you wish to export, along with the date and time. First, select the cameras you wish to export by checking All (all cameras) or each camera individually on the left column of the timeline. Then select the desired Date on the Calender to the left. To choose the specific Time you can either click and drag on the timeline or you can enter it into the From and To boxes. Then check the Log (provides a copy of the user log), CODEC (required in order to playback on a PC) and Player (this is the iDVR-PRO backup player which plays the RAW file format, this is not needed for the AVI format). Once you have everything set, click the Query button to save it. (Shown Below)
3. You will now see the size of the export in the lower left under the Archiving Info section. Insert a USB thumb drive into the USB port of the DVR and click Export. (Shown Below)
4. The Export menu will now appear, here you will select the USB thumb drive (Flash Disk) under the Device Name. Then select the Data Format. In our example, we are exporting it as an AVI. The Tag Name and Memo are for your reference, however, they must be filled in to continue. Once you have everything entered correctly, press the Burn button. A progress bar will be displayed to show the status of the export. Once complete, a Success message will appear. (Shown Below)
5. Next, insert the USB thumb drive into a PC and open it. You should see the ARCHIVE folder, go ahead and double-click it. (Shown Below)
6. Now double-click the Player folder. (Shown Below)
7. Then double-click the Setup folder to install the Codec, this is required when using the AVI video format. (Shown Below)
8. Now select the video file that you wish to view. If the codec was installed correctly, the video will begin to play. As you can see, we are using the Windows Media Player. Other players may be used as long as they support AVI video files. (Shown Below)
Learn more about iDVR-PRO
| iPhone / iPad Compatible
| Android Compatible
| Mac Compatible
Click here to learn more about the latest iDVR-PRO CCTV DVRs.
Works with Analog CCTV and HD Security Cameras
Hybrid iDVR-PROs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
- AHD Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- TVI Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- Analog CCTV Cameras (all analog resolution supported including CIF, D1, 960H)
Request a Demo
If you do not currently have an iDVR-PRO and would like to log in to the demo unit at our office, please request a demo login below. You will be able to log in from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also log in from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please click here to request a demo login.
Complete CCTV Systems
Did you know? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a complete surveillance system quote that includes any iDVR-PRO model with cameras, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors? We can even mix and match SD and HD security cameras because the latest iDVR-PROs are hybrid. They work with CCTV, AHD, and HD-TVI type cameras. As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2, 4, 8, and 16 camera surveillance systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different camera models that we carry. So, we can also provide you with a custom quote with as many cameras as you need and a mix of any combination of camera model(s) based on your project requirements.
About the Author
This article was written by Mike Haldas, co-founder and managing partner of CCTV Camera Pros. If you have any questions about iPhone security camera app for iDVR, please email me at email@example.com.