The HD-TVI-AD8 is a 1080p HD-TVI, AHD, CVI camera (HD CCTV over coax) enclosed in an indoor / outdoor weatherproof dome housing. The
2.8 ~ 12mm varifocal lens allows installers to adjust the angle of view from a very wide field to a more narrow and zoomed in one. This camera uses a 1/2.9" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS image sensor that is capable of capturing 1080P resolution ( 1920 x 1080 / 2 megapixel ) video surveillance over RG59 coaxial cable. As with all TVI cameras, they must be used with a TVI compatible DVR.
This 1080p camera has
24 infrared LEDs, which allow the camera to operate in low light and zero light environments up to 65 feet. The smart IR technology enables the camera to automatically adjust the intensity of the infrared lighting based on the distance objects are located from the camera. Please check out these surveillance photos captured by the HD-TVI-AD8. You can also watch a 1080p video demo here.
The housing on the HD-TVI-AD8 is
IP67 weatherproof and vandal resistant rated housing protects the vital components of the camera from harsh weather, rain, humidity, dust and direct impact. CCTV Camera Pros also has this optional indoor / outdoor junction box available.
Professional and do-it-yourself Installers can easily access a menu (on-screen display) that allows them to adjust the camera's image settings using a joystick located on the camera.
Digital Noise Reduction produces better image quality by removing graininess, especially useful in black & white mode when the IR LEDs are active. Other settings such as brightness, gain, low light intensity (SENSUP) can also be adjusted using the OSD. This camera can be powered by a 12V DC or 24VAC power supply.
For environments with challenging lighting conditions, such as bright backlighting, the HD-TVI-AD8 uses
Digital Wide Dynamic Range Enhancement. Digital WDR works by combining the brightest part of the image with the darkest part to create a single highly detailed image.
Outdoor Dome HD-TVI Camera
- 1/2.8" Sony Exmor CMOS Image Sensor
- 1080p / 2 Megapixel Lens
- Supports 1080p AHD, TVI, HD-CVI Video Formats
- Supports Analog CCTV / CVBS 960H Video
- Video Connector: BNC
- Power Connector: Screw Terminals (2.1mm Pigtail Included)
- Supports NTSC and PAL Video Formats
- Compatible AHD DVRs (analog high definition) and analog CCTV DVRs
- 2.8mm ~ 12mm Varifocal Lens
- 24 IR LEDs for Low Light & Zero Light Video Surveillance
- 20 Meter / 65 Foot Effective Infrared Range
- White dome base
- IP67 Rated Weatherproof Enclosure
- Tri-axis mount for ceiling or wall installations
- Optional Wall Mount Bracket
- Infrared for low light and zero light applications
- .01 LUX without IRs / 0 LUX with IRs on
- Sense-Up Intensifier Technology (Up to x30)
- Digital WDR / Digital Wide Dynamic Range
- Advanced On Screen Display controls via push buttons(located within the dome cover)
- OSD allows for control over light sensitivity, exposure, white balance, day/night, digital noise reduction, color, and sharpness adjustments
- Dual Voltage Input: 12V DC / 24 VAC
The above videos were captured by connecting an HD-TVI-AD8 camera to an iDVR-PRO16H surveillance DVR using RG59 coaxial cable. Please select 1080p video resolution in the lower right of the YouTube video player and watch in full-screen mode to see the best quality video.
The above surveillance image was captured using the HD-TVI-AD8. All of the lights are on in the room. The camera is in daytime / color mode.
This image was captured using the HD-TVI-AD8 with all of the lights turned off on the room. The infrared LEDs that are built into the camera provide enough illumination to see this entire room clearly. This room is 29 feet by 30 feet.
Mobile App Viewing
CCTV Camera Pros uses an HD-TVI-AD8 to provide security for our warehouse. We have an HD-TVI-AD8 mounted on a wall in our warehouse facing part of our product inventory area and our overhead door. The below mobile app images were captured using this camera.
Live iPhone App View
When the HD-TVI-AD8 is connected to an iDVR-PRO HD surveillance DVR, users can log in from remotely over the Internet to view their camera(s) live in HD video quality. Check out the below images to see this camera being viewed using the
iDVR-PRO Viewer app for iOS on an iPhone.
Live Android App View
These images were captured while using the
iDVR-PRO Viewer mobile app for Android. The camera is connected to the iDVR-PRO DVR and we are accessing the DVR remotely over the Internet. A single camera view of the HD-TVI-AD8 camera is selected in the app. The app supports a high definition view for TVI cameras.
This camera has the same specification as the AHD-AD24H. Please download the
AHD-AD24H product spec here.
VT-J302 security camera junction box is an optional installation mount for this camera. There is a bottom and side cable inlet and the cable leads from your camera can neatly be concealed inside this weatherproof enclosure. When the bottom inlet is used, the inlet plug can be moved to the size inlet. This junction box can be used for ceiling or wall mount installations. You can also use this pole mount bracket or this corner mount bracket in conjunction with this junction box.
This is what the camera looks like when mounted to the optional junction box.
HD-TVI-AD8 Optional Wall Mount Bracket
Here is the optional
outdoor mounting bracket for this dome camera. Dimensions - 9 3/4" (Arm Length) x 6" (Wall Mount Base Plate) x 6" (Camera Mount Plate)
Recommended Surveillance Installations / Applications
CCTV Camera Pros recommends the for the following types of video surveillance installations and applications.
- Indoor or Outdoor surveillance
- With the IP67 rated outdoor housing, this camera can stand up to harsh outdoor climates.
- The housing is also vandal resistant, so it makes for a great indoor camera with areas prone to vandalism and tampering. Prisons, schools, universities, etc.
- Systems which require HD video resolution
- Different lighting level: bright light, low light or total darkness
- Areas with intense background lighting are OK also by using the cameras digital wide dynamic range (WDR) capability
- Ceiling mount or wall mount application using the tri-axis mount of the camera lens to orient the lens to the needed angle.
- Great for residential, commercial, and government surveillance installations
- Camera is recommended to be mounted a total distance of between 5 and 50 feet away from target surveillance area. Refer to CCTV camera lens chart.
- Camera has a 2.8 to 12mm varifocal lens and can be adjusted during installation to the field of view preference of the customer.
- We highly recommend the use of this camera with an iDVR-PRO recorder. Additional information about iDVR-PRO can be found below.
The HD-TVI-AD8 works great with an iDVR-PRO hybrid surveillance DVRs. H and M series models work with HD-TVI cameras.
iPhone / iPad Compatible
Click here to
learn more about the latest iDVR-PRO DVRs.
iDVR-PRO Works with Analog CCTV and HD Security Cameras
Users can mix and match different camera technologies. This is perfect for customers that have existing CCTV cameras and want to upgrade to high definition over time. Hybrid iDVR-PROs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
Request a Demo
Want to see how live video on this camera looks remotely over the Internet, please request a demo login below. You will be able to log in from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also log in from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please note that not all applications stream HD video. Mobile apps stream a lower resolution so that performance is better. Please
click here to request a demo login.