The AHD-D4W is an indoor HD dome security camera (AHD CCTV) with built-in IR night vision surveillance support. This HD CCTV camera features a fixed 3.6mm lens and a 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS image sensor. The AHD-D4W captures high-definition video surveillance at 720P (1280 x 720) resolution over RG59 coaxial cable. Please note that this camera must be used with an AHD compatible DVR.
The AHD-D4W's built-in infrared illuminators allow the camera to capture video in total darkness. Smart IR technology enables the camera to automatically adjust the intensity of the infrared lighting based on the distance objects are located from the camera. For example, if a person walks closer to the camera, the infrared illumination intensity is lowered so the person's face is not washed out.
You can see sample surveillance images here that were captured using this camera. There is also a video demo here.
An OSD (On Screen Display) menu allows the user to adjust the camera's settings using a joystick located on the camera. Digital Noise Reduction produces better image quality by removing graininess, this feature is especially useful in black & white mode when the IR LEDs are active. This camera is powered by 12V-DC.
For environments with challenging lighting conditions, such as bright or dark backlighting, the AHD-D4W security camera uses Digital WDR Enhancement. Digital WDR Enhancement works by combining the brightest part of the image with the darkest part to create one highly detailed image.
If you would like to connect this camera directly to an HDMI compliant TV / Monitor, please refer to the AHD-CV7 AHD to HDMI converter, or select it from the drop-down above.
HD CCTV Camera Features
- 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS Image Sensor
- 720P (1280 x 720) HD Video Resolution
- Only Compatible with AHD DVRs
- Video Connector: BNC
- Power Connector: 2.1mm Plug
- Fixed 3.6mm Lens
- Infrared LEDs for Low / No Light Environments
- White Base
- Tri-Axis mount for wall or ceiling
- Infrared for low light and zero light applications
- 0 LUX with IR on
- Sense-Up Intensifier Technology (Up to x30)
- Digital WDR / Digital Wide Dynamic Range
- Advanced On Screen Display controls via push buttons(located within the dome cover)
- OSD allows for control over light sensitivity, exposure, white balance, day/night, digital noise reduction, color, and sharpness adjustments
- 12V-DC Powered
1080p Resolution Available
This camera is also available in 1080p resolution. Please check out the AHD-D7W 1080p dome surveillance camera here.
The above surveillance video was captured using an AHD-D4W connected to a hybrid iDVR-PRO16M surveillance DVR. You should select 1080p video resolution in the lower right of the video player and watch in full-screen mode to see the best quality video.
The following surveillance images were captured using an AHD-D4W. We testing this camera at CCTV Camera Pros tech room in West Palm Beach, Florida. Please click on the images to see the full-sized 720p image.
The above photo was captured with all of the office lights on. The camera is operating in color daytime mode.
The above photo was captured with all of the light off in the room. All computer monitors were also turned off to create a zero light environment. The camera automatically switched to infrared surveillance mode by turning it's built-in IR LEDs on and capturing a black and white image. As you can see, the camera's infrared capability enables the entire room to be seen in complete darkness.
Download the AHD-D4W camera spec here.
Download the OSD user manual for 720p AHD cameras here.
Dome Wall Mount (Option)
We have a dome wall mount bracket in white available for the AHD-D4W. This is optional because this camera is capable of being wall or ceiling mounted using the built-in tri-axis mount of the camera lens. This wall bracket does make a nice addition to high end commercial and retail surveillance installations.
Recommended Surveillance Installations / Applications
CCTV Camera Pros recommends the AHD-D4W for the following types of video surveillance installations and applications.
- Indoor surveillance (This camera is not weatherproof)
- Installations which require high video resolution
- Different lighting level: bright light, low light or total darkness
- Areas with intense background lighting are OK also by using the cameras digital wide dynamic range (WDR) capability
- Ceiling mount or wall mount
- Great for residential, commercial, and government surveillance installations
- Camera is recommended to be mounted a total distance of between 5 and 50 feet away from target surveillance area. Refer to CCTV camera lens chart.
- Camera has a Fixed 3.6mm lens for a wide angle of view.
Compatible with iDVR-PRO Hybrid DVRs
The AHD-D4W works great with an iDVR-PRO hybrid surveillance DVR.
| iPhone / iPad Compatible
| Android Compatible
| Mac Compatible
Click here to learn more about the latest iDVR-PRO CCTV DVRs.
iDVR-PRO Works with Analog CCTV and HD Security Cameras
Users can mix and match different camera technologies. This is perfect for customers that have existing CCTV cameras and want to upgrade to high definition over time. Hybrid iDVR-PROs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
- AHD Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- HD-TVI Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- Analog CCTV Cameras (all analog resolution supported including CIF, D1, 960H)
Request a Demo
Want to see how live video on this camera looks remotely over the Internet, please request a demo login below. You will be able to log in from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also log in from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please note that not all applications stream HD video. Mobile apps stream a lower resolution so that performance is better. Please click here to request a demo login.