The AHD-D7W is a 1080p HD surveillance camera (AHD CCTV) with built-in infrared night vision for day / night video surveillance. The
AHD-D7W is an indoor dome-type camera. This camera has a fixed 3.6mm lens that provides a 90-degree field of view, which is perfect to ceiling mount in the corner or small to medium-sized rooms. This HD security camera uses a Sony Progressive Scan image sensor that captures 1080p resolution ( 1920 x 1080 / 2 megapixel ) video using RG59 coaxial cable. As with all AHD cameras, they must be used with an AHD compatible DVR.
This 1080p camera uses
2 giant infrared LEDs, which allow the camera to operate in low light and zero light environments. The smart IR technology enables the camera to automatically adjust the intensity of the infrared lighting based on the distance objects are located from the camera. Please check out these images captured by the AHD-D7W. You can also watch 1080p surveillance video demos here.
Installers can easily access a menu (on-screen display) that allows them to adjust the camera's image settings using a joystick located on the camera.
Digital Noise Reduction produces better image quality by removing graininess, especially useful in black & white mode when the IR LEDs are active. Other settings such as brightness, gain, low light intensity (SENSUP) can also be adjusted using the OSD. This camera is powered via a 12V DC power supply.
For environments with challenging lighting conditions, such as bright backlighting, the AHD-D7W uses
Digital Wide Dynamic Range Enhancement. Digital WDR works by combining the brightest part of the image with the darkest part to create a single highly detailed image.
If you would like to connect this camera directly to an HDMI compliant TV / Monitor, please refer to this BNC to HDMI converter add-on. You can select it from the options drop-down above.
- 1/3" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS Image Sensor
- 1080p (1920 x 1080) HD Video Resolution
- Compatible AHD DVRs (analog high definition)
- Video Connector: BNC
- Power Connector: 2.1mm Plug
- 3.6mm Fixed Lens / 90 Degree Field of View
- 2 Giant IR LEDs for Low Light & Zero Light Video Surveillance
- White dome base
- Indoor Only Dome Enclosure
- Tri-axis mount for ceiling or wall installations
- Optional Wall Mount Bracket
- Infrared for low light and zero light applications
- .01 LUX without IRs / 0 LUX with IRs on
- Sense-Up Intensifier Technology (Up to x30)
- Digital WDR / Digital Wide Dynamic Range
- Advanced On Screen Display controls via push buttons(located within the dome cover)
- OSD allows for control over light sensitivity, exposure, white balance, day/night, digital noise reduction, color, and sharpness adjustments
- 12V DC Power Supply Included
The above video was captured by connecting an AHD-D7W to an iDVR-PRO16H surveillance DVR. The camera is hard-wired to the DVR using RG59 coaxial cable. Please select 1080p video resolution in the lower right of the YouTube video player and watch in full-screen mode to see the best quality video.
The above image was captured using the AHD-D7W in our tech support room. All of the lights are on in the room. The camera is in daytime / color mode.
This image was captured using the AHD-D7W with all of the lights turned off on the room. The infrared LEDs that are built into the camera provide enough illumination to see this entire room clearly.
iOS Mobile App Viewing
When the AHD-D7W is connected to an AHD compatible DVR, users can log in from remotely over the Internet to view their camera live in HD video quality. To capture all of the screenshots on this page, our AHD-D7W was connected to an iDVR-PRO16H DVR. Check out the below images to see this camera being viewed using the
iDVR-PRO Viewer app for iPhone.
Android Mobile App Viewing
These images were captured while using the
iDVR-PRO Viewer mobile app for Android. The camera is still connected to an iDVR-PRO at our office and we are accessing the DVR from remotely over the Internet. A single camera view of the AHD-D7W camera is selected in the app.
This is the infrared view with all of the lights off in the room. There are no windows in the room and the door is shut. We also turned off all computer monitors.
Complete HD Surveillance Systems
This camera is available individually and also as part of these complete
1080p HD surveillance systems which include cables, DVR, power supply, and an optional monitor.
CCTV Camera Pros can also build a custom system quote based on any number and types of cameras that you require. You can
request a quote here.
AHD-D7W product specification document here.
OSD user manual for 1080p AHD cameras here.
Dome Wall Mount (Option)
We have a
dome wall mount bracket in white available for the AHD-D7W. This is optional because this camera is capable of being wall or ceiling mounted using the built-in tri-axis mount of the camera lens. This wall bracket does make a nice addition to high end commercial and retail surveillance installations.
Recommended Surveillance Installations / Applications
CCTV Camera Pros recommends the AHD-D7W for the following types of video surveillance applications.
- Indoor surveillance only
- Systems which require HD video resolution
- Different lighting level: bright light, low light or total darkness
- Areas with intense background lighting are OK also by using the cameras digital wide dynamic range (WDR) capability
- Ceiling mount or wall mount application using the tri-axis mount of the camera lens to orient the lens to the needed angle. Installers can also use the optional wall mount bracket if they prefer
- Great for residential, commercial, and government surveillance installations
- Camera is recommended to be mounted to the ceiling, typically in the corner of a room
- The 3.6mm fixed lens provides a 90-degree field of view.
- We highly recommend the use of this camera with an iDVR-PRO recorder. Additional information about iDVR-PRO can be found below.
BNC to HDMI converter can be ordered with this camera. The converter allows you to connect your security camera to a TV via the HDMI input of your TV. In addition to the BNC video input on the converter, there is also a BNC loop output so that you can connect the camera to a security camera DVR in addition to a TV / monitor. The BNC loop output is optional to use.
This device can be used solely as a way to connect your security camera to a TV for a live view only or you can also use the BNC output to also connect the camera's video to a second device, such as a DVR for recording video surveillance footage. You can see this in the above installation diagram.
Compatible with Viewtron 4K CCTV DVRs
This camera works great with Viewtron security camera DVRs. Viewtron 4K CCTV DVRs are hybrid. They support analog CCTV cameras, HD BNC cameras, and network IP cameras up to 4K resolution.
Custom Systems Designs & Quotes
CCTV Camera Pros designs custom video surveillance systems for customers and can provide a free quotes via email. In addition, you can schedule a free telephone consultation with a Pro.
We realize that requirements can vary and some customers need to mix and match various model cameras. Some customers have questions and prefer to speak with a professional designer on the phone. You can request a free telephone consultation here. You can request a free custom quote here. You can also just email us directly instead of filling out a form here.
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rating at the Better Business Bureau and an average of 5 star reviews at Reseller Ratings. We were able to achieve this through the outstanding technical support and customer service that our team provides to our customers.