The VT-PTZ-S is a PTZ camera system with built-in auto-tracking AI software, 25x zoom, and IR night vision. This PTZ camera system includes (1) auto-tracking PTZ camera, (1) 8ch IP camera NVR, and (1) high power PoE injector, (1) 100ft Cat5e network cable, and (1) 7ft Cat5e network cable. The Viewtron network video recorder has 8ch PoE (power over Ethernet) built-in which makes this system extremely simple to install. Simply connect Viewtron IP cameras camera to the back of the recorder using the CAT5 cable that is included. Please note that the auto-tracking PTZ required high powered PoE, which is why we include this
802.3at PoE injector.
The IP-PTZ-425 pan tilt zoom camera that is included supports 4mp resolution, 25x optical zoom, and has built-in AI software (artificial intelligence) that can detect human and vehicles
. The IP-PTZ-425 has built-in IR night vision that is rated up to 100 meters / 300 feet. This camera is IP66 weatherproof rated for outdoor installation. More details and the complete product spec can be found below.
The NVR and IP cameras included with this system come with a 2-year warranty and lifetime USA based technical support provided directly from CCTV Camera Pros. This is an
NDAA compliant IP camera system that can be used for US government purchases.
Remote Security Camera Viewing Apps & Software Included
Viewtron NVRs include mobile apps for iPhone and Android. Desktop software for Mac and Windows is also included for free. You can view your security cameras live and playback recorded video on your DVR from all of these platforms - remotely over the Internet.
You own everything and there are no monthly fees!
Viewtron IP Camera NVR with Built-in PoE Ports
This is the
8ch IP camera NVR that is included with this system.
- Type: Stand Alone Embedded Linux Operating System
- Video Input: 8 RJ-45 Network Connection Inputs with PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- Power over Ethernet: 8ch RJ-45, 802.3af, Output Power ≤ 150W
- Supported IP Cameras: Viewtron, All ONVIF Compatible IP Camera Brands
- Supported Camera Resolutions: 720p / 1mp, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 6mp, 8mp / 4K
- Audio Surveillance Support: Yes. 8ch IP Camera Audio
- 2-Way Audio: Yes. 1 RCA Output for Speakers. 1 RCA Input for Microphone
- Recording Resolution: 720p / 1mp, 1080p / 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, 5mp, 6mp, 8mp / 4K, 30FPS per Channel
- Recording Modes: Manual, Continuous, Schedule, Motion Detection, Alarm, Smart Events
- AI Functions: Face Detection, Face Database Match, LPR / License Plate Recognition. Note: AI functions require Viewtron AI security cameras.
- Video Compression / Codec: H.264, H.265
- Monitor Outputs: HDMI, VGA
- HDMI Display: 4K Resolution, 3840 x 2160
- VGA Display: 1080p Resolution, 1920 x 1080
- Alarm Ports: 8 Inputs, 4 Outputs, Also Supports IP Camera Alarm Input
- Alarm Notification: Email, Push Notification to Mobile Apps, Desktop Software
- Mobile Apps: iPhone, Android
- VMS Software: Video Management Software for Mac and Windows PCs
- PTZ Camera Support: UTC (Up the Coax) Support to Control PTZ Over RG59 Video Cable
- Cash Register / POS Integration: Yes. Text Overlay. Cash Registers Supported
- Max Storage: 1 Hard Drive Bay, up tp 12TB
- Installed Storage: 1TB Hard Drive Included
- NVR Controls: USB Mouse Included. Wireless IR Remote Control Optional Add-On
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- Tech Support: Lifetime Technical Support Direct from CCTV Camera Pros
- Detailed Specification: Download the product specification PDF file.
Viewtron NVRs have built-in PoE ports that allow you to plug PoE IP cameras directly into the Ethernet ports. The NVR provides power to the cameras over these PoE ports, and the cameras automatically connect to the NVR software. This makes installation extremely easy for DIY and professional installers. We highly recommend
Viewtron IP cameras with PoE for use with these NVRs.
Here is some additional information about the ports on the back of the NVR (starting from left to right).
- The power supply adapter that is included with the NVR plugs into this port. (labeled in purple)
- To the right of the PoE ports, there is a LAN port. If you plan on connecting your NVR to a network and / or the Internet, you will use this port to connect to your router or switch with Ethernet cable (CAT5 or CAT6).
- Viewtron NVRs have HDMI and VGA monitor outputs. Both of these monitor outputs can be used at the same time (dual monitor support).
- The USB port can be used for the mouse that is included or to connect a USB drive for video backup / export.
- There is one audio input port for an audio surveillance microphone. There is one audio output to connect external speakers.
- Burglar alarm sensors can be integrated into these NVRs using the alarm input / alarm output ports.
If you are going to install the IP-PTZ-425 using PoE (power over Ethernet), you MUST use this
802.3at PoE injector. You may connect the PoE injector to any of the PoE ports on the back of the NVR, then connect the output of the injector to the PTZ camera. The PoE ports on Viewtron NVRs are 802.3af, which is not the high powered PoE type required by this camera. The network cable that connects the PoE injector to the camera can be up to 320 feet long.
Important Note: AI cameras can only be configured for one type of AI function. For example, you can not setup an AI camera to do both facial recognition and vehicle detection at the same time. If you need to perform 2 different types of AI functions, then you need 2 cameras.
- Video Output: Network IP / RJ-45 Network Connection, ONVIF Protocol Compliant
- Video Format: H.264, H.265, MJPEG
- Supported Resolutions: 4mp / 2560 x 1440, 2048 x 1536, 1920 x 1080 / 2mp / 1080p, 1280 x 720 / 1mp / 720p
- Video Frame Rate: 30 FPS at 4mp Resolution
- Image Sensor: 1/2.5″ Progressive Scan CMOS
- Infrared: Yes. Built-in IR Night Vision. Up to 100 Meter / 300 Feet
- Weatherproof: Yes. IP66 Weatherproof Housing. Outdoor Installation
- Lens: 4.8-120mm Zoom Lens, 25x Motorized Zoom Lens (25x Optical Zoom)
- Audio: 1ch audio input, 1ch Audio Output
- Alarm: Yes. 1 Alarm Input / 1 Alarm Output
- Style: White PTZ 360 Dome, Metal
- SD Card Slot: Yes. Built-in micro SD card slot supports up to 256GB micro SD card
- Remote Viewing: Yes. iPhone App, Android App, Mac Software, Windows Software Included
- Power: DC24V, AC24V or PoE+ 802.3at, class 3 (Power over Ethernet)
- PoE Injector: PoE+ 802.3at Injector included
- NDAA Compliant Security Camera
- Image Control: Digital Wide Dynamic Range Function, 3D DNR (Digital Noise Reduction)
- Analytics: Yes. Auto-Tracking PTZ, Facial Recognition / Face Match Database, People Detection, Motor Vehicle / Car Detection, Face Detection, Perimeter Protection, Target Counting, Intrusion Zone Detection, Exception Detection.
The above image shows the dimensions of the IP-PTZ-425 in millimeters. For reference 34mm = 1.33 inches. 183.5mm = 7.22 inches. 328mm = 12.91 inches. 169.5mm = 6.67 inches. 208.4mm = 8.2 inches.
Wall Mount Bracket Included
This wall mount bracket is included with the IP-PTZ-425. It can be used in conjunction with the below corner mount bracket and pole mount bracket options.
PTZ Corner Mount (optional)
corner mount bracket is available as an option with the IP-PTZ-425.
PTZ Pole Mount (optional)
pole mount bracket is available as an option with the IP-PTZ-425.
Pendant Ceiling Mount (optional)
ceiling pendant mount is available as an option with the IP-PTZ-425. This ceiling installation bracket is 7 inches long.
POE-AT1 PoE injector is included with the IP-PTZ-425. Please note that this is high powered 802.3at PoE injector / PoE midspan. It outputs 30 watts of power. A standard 802.3af PoE switch does NOT provide enough power to this PTZ camera.
Watch this video to see how to setup the human detection, intrusion detection, and auto-tracking features of this IP PTZ camera.
Watch this video to see how to setup the car / motor vehicle detection, intrusion detection, and auto-tracking features of this IP PTZ camera.
Watch this video to see how well the 25x zoom lens of the IP-PTZ-425 zooms into an area 210 feet away from where the camera is installed.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to control the pan tilt zoom functions of this camera from the Viewtron iPhone App.
Long Distance Zoom from Mobile App
Watch this video to the camera zoom in on a truck that is parked 575 feet away. Please note that the camera is in IR night vision mode, but our parking lot does have lighting. This is not a zero light test.
AI Camera Video Demos
You can watch additional
AI camera video demos here. Our video library includes demos using our license plate recognition camera, and active alarm security cameras.
Check out these images. They show off the amazing capability of the 25x motorized zoom lens of the IP-PTZ-425.
Here is another example to show off the performance of the 25x zoom lens. The following video surveillance snapshots were captured with the IP-PTZ-425 connected to a
Viewtron IP camera NVR. Please click on any of the below images to see the full resolution captured on the NVR.
Here is the fully zoomed out view of the IP-PTZ-425 mounted on the front of our building.
The lady that you see here in the distance is standing 200 feet away from where the camera in installed.
This is the view when the lens of the PTZ camera is zoomed in all the way at 25x optical zoom.
Here is another example of the 25x zoom lens. Mike parked his car in the last parking space in our lot. It is 370 feet away from where the camera is installed.
This is the view when the lens of the PTZ camera is zoomed in all the way at 25x optical zoom. I almost ran over a glass bottle. I was picking it up when the camera was recording me.
Here is a night time surveillance snapshot taken from recorded video. Our parking lot has a decent amount of light, so the camera is not in IR surveillance mode. Please click on the image for the 4K view.
PTZ Controls on NVR
When the IP-PTZ-425 is not locked into auto-tracking mode, users may control the pan, tilt, zoom directly from a Viewtron NVR using the USB mouse. The above screenshot shows the PTZ controls enabled in the lower right while the camera is in full screen live display mode on the NVR.
Intelligent Video Analytics
The IP-PTZ-425 is has built-in software for advanced video analytics. The following Intelligent Video Analytics are supported by this camera.
- Perimeter Protection - Line crossing, region entrance/exiting perimeter intrusion (human/motor vehicle/ non-motor vehicle classification)
- Auto-Tracking - Upon perimeter intrusion detection, this camera can auto-track human and vehicle objects
- Target Counting - Line crossing human/motor vehicle/non-motor vehicle counting
- Exception Detection - Scene change, video blur and video color cast detection
- Face Detection - Face detection and face capture
The vehicle detection function of Viewtron AI cameras is much more reliable than video motion technique used by a non-AI camera. Traditional video motion detection produces a lot of false alerts. A well trained AI camera can detect cars and motorcycles in real time and with 99% accuracy. Object detection events can trigger alarms such as video recording, mobile app push notifications, DVR buzzer, photo snapshots, and email alerts.
The person detection function of Viewtron AI cameras works the same as vehicle / car detection. An intrusion zone is mapped out on the DVR interface. The only difference is that human detection is selected in the setup, instead of vehicles. The red rectangle is the intrusion zone in in the above screenshot. You can see when Mike crosses over the intrusion zone, he is detected as a human and an alarm event is triggered.
Watch this video to see how CCTV Camera Pros integrated a facial recognition camera with our access control system to unlock our front door.
The face detection function of Viewtron AI cameras makes it easy to trigger alarms based on a human face appearing within the view of the camera. The above screenshot was captured using a Viewtron IP-A4D dome AI camera connected to a
Viewtron IP camera NVR. When a face is detected, the event is recorded in the NVR's database. Thumbnail images can be displays (like you see above) for easy access to playback the recorded video of the facial detection.
Watch this video to see how how to setup a people counting camera application using a Viewtron IP camera and NVR.
Watch this video to see how to setup a traffic counting camera application using a Viewtron IP camera and NVR.
Remote PTZ Controls
Here is a snapshot of the IP-PTZ-425 remotely accessed using the
remote camera viewer software for Mac. You can see the PTZ controls in the lower left.
Download the complete
IP-PTZ-425 product specification here. You can also download the spec sheets for the optional pole mount bracket and corner mount bracket here.
Download the complete
IP-PTZ-425 user manual here.
IP Camera Systems
CCTV Camera Pros sells these complete
IP camera systems available that include multiple IP cameras, a NVR with built-in PoE, and pre-made CAT5 cable for each camera. We can also design custom systems.
Custom Security Camera System Quote
Did you know? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a custom surveillance system quote that includes any Viewtron DVR / NVR with cameras, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors? We can even mix and match IP cameras and BNC security cameras with Viewtron DVRs because they are hybrid. Viewtron PoE NVRs work only with IP cameras.
As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2, 4, 8, and 16 camera surveillance systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different camera models that we carry. So, we can also provide you with a custom quote with as many cameras as you need and a mix of any combination of camera model(s) based on your project requirements.
Product Documents and Specifications
This IP camera system is NDAA compliant. That means that all of the pars are not manufactured by any of the manufacturers on the NDAA (the National Defense Authorization Act) list of banned manufacturers. The Viewtron NVR, IP cameras, cabling and PoE switch (if applicable) do not use any materials from banned manufacturers either. This security camera system may safely be purchased for government use. You can download
CCTV Camera Pros NDAA letter of guarantee here. You can find additional NDAA compliant video surveillance products here.
BBB Rating & Reviews
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to have an
A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau. We also maintain a 5 star online review rating with ResellerRatings.com.
CCTV Camera Pros is proud to be a US Veteran Owned small business. Our co-founder, Mike Haldas, served in the United States Marine Corps 1993-1997.
Custom Systems Designs & Quotes
In addition to the pre-packaged security camera systems that we supply, CCTV Camera Pros also designs and provides quotes for custom video surveillance systems based on telephone and email consultations with customers. We realize that requirements can vary and some customers need to mix and match various model cameras. We also realize that some customers have questions and prefer to speak with a professional designer on the phone. You can
request a free telephone consultation here. You can request a free custom quote here. You can also just email us directly instead of filling out a form here.