iDVR-E Series Surveillance DVR Remote Playback (Windows)
The iDVR-E Series Surveillance DVR's allow users to remotely playback saved video using a Windows PC. In addition to viewing, users can also remotely backup recorded video. This can be done by either the CMS software or an Internet Explorer web browser.
Remote Playback (Windows) Instructions
To playback video on the iDVR-E using a Windows PC, please follow the instructions below.
Remote Playback - Internet Explorer1. First, you must ensure that the correct ports are forwarded in your router. If you have not yet done, please visit our Network Setup / Port Forwarding article.
2. Launch an Internet Explorer web browser and enter the remote IP Address into the address bar. Then press Enter. (Shown Below)
3. You will be prompted to enter the DVR's Username and Password (By default the Username is - admin and the Password is - 000000 or Six Zeros). If this is your first time logging in, you will be prompted to download and install Active X controls. Please download and install them by using the Installation Wizard. (Shown Below)
4. Once the Active X controls are installed, log into the DVR again using the remote IP Address. You should see your DVR displayed.
5. Now select the Remote Search button in the upper left corner of the screen. (Shown Below)
6. The menu below will appear. Here you will select the Date and Time you wish to playback. Once that is chosen, select either the Play or Download option. To download the video you must select the file path you wish to save to. (Shown Below)
7. If you select Play, the desired date and time will begin to play. If you selected Download the status bar below will appear.
8. Once the file is downloaded, go ahead and return to the Internet Explorer interface and select File Open. (Shown Below)
9. Now choose the backup folder you would like to view and click Open. (Shown Below)
10. Your video will begin to play. (Shown Below)
Remote Playback - CMS Software
To remotely playback saved video on the iDVR-E using the CMS software, please follow the instructions below.
1. First, you must ensure that the correct ports are forwarded in your router. If you have not yet done, please visit our Network Setup / Port Forwarding article.
2. Now download the Windows CMS Software.
3. Once installed enter your DVR's remote IP Address in the Set List Manager. To access the Set List Manager press the button shown below. After entering the DVR's information, press Apply and OK.
4. You should now see your DVR displayed. Press the Playback button. (Shown Below)
5. Then select the DVR, date and time you wish to view. Once selected, choose either Play or Download to save the data to your Windows PC. (Shown Below)
6. If you chose to Download the data, the status menu below will appear.
7. Once downloaded go into the Playback menu and select Local. Then select Open File. (Shown Below)
8. Now select the folder you wish to view and click Open. (Shown Below)
9. Your video will now begin to play.