Nuuo Mini NVR Network Setup
The instructions featured in this article explain how to setup the Nuuo Mini NVR for remote access. It explains how to forward the required ports in your router as well as set the correct settings in the NVR. The examples in this article were done using an NV-2040 NUUO Mini Network Video Recorder
1. First, log in to the Nuuo Mini NVR by entering the IP address into an Internet Explorer web browser on a PC connected to the same network as the NVR.
2. Then on the left column, click Network Setup under the Network Setup tab. (Shown Below)
3. Under the Setup tab ensure that the Internet Protocol is set to Obtain an IP address automatically. Then click OK to save the changes. (Shown Below)
4. Now click on the Information tab within Network Setup. Locate the IP Address, write this number down for future reference. (Shown Below)
5. Now we will perform the port forwarding of the router connected to the Nuuo Mini NVR. Please select the brand of your router below for specific instructions on port forwarding.
6. Now we will need to make sure the ports are open. You can do so by going to http://dvrport.net
7. The remote IP address will automatically populate under the Enter IP or Hostname, you will leave this info as is. Change the Enter Port To Scan field to read 80 and press Scan.
Note: If the port is open you will use the remote IP address you get from the http://dvrport.net . However, you will need to type it in as follows via a web browser - http://remoteipaddress:port number, eg. if your IP address is 184.108.40.206 then it should look like this when you type it into your web browser - http://220.127.116.11:700
Note 2: If the ports are showing closed and you have a DSL provider, you will need to call your provider and have them bridge the modem to your third party router. This is a standard procedure.