iDVR-PRO Surveillance DVR Backup to DVD
The iDVR-PRO8 and iDVR-PRO16 CCTV surveillance DVRs
include a DVD burner that allows users to backup surveillance video. Although not covered in these instructions, the iDVR-PRO recorders also allow users to archive video to a USB drive and also to the internal hard drive.
Backup Video to DVD Instructions
Follow these instructions to configure backup / archive a segment of video to DVD.
- From the DVRs main menu, select the Arch button (short for archive).
- Select the starting and ending dates and time that you want to backup.
- Press the Query button to lock in the time segment.
- Enter a name for the archive in the Tag name field.
- Select CD/DVD for the Device.
- Press the Burn button in the lower right.
- Press Start and a progress bar will show you the progress of the backup.
- When the archiving process is complete, the DVD burner will open.
Playback Archived DVD Video on PC
Once the DVD burn is complete, you can play back the video using a Windows PC.
- Insert the archive DVD into the DVD player of your Windows PC.
- Using Windows, browse to the DVD drive and open the archive folder that was created.
- In the archive folder, you should see 3 files: a text file that contains information about the archive, an AVI file, and a folder named PLAYER.
- Double click on the PLAYER folder, then run the setup.exe file to install the video codec that is required to play back the archive video using Windows Media Player.
- After the codec is installed, you can go back to the archive directory and double-click on the .avi file. The video should open in Windows media player.
- Alternatively, you can double-click on the BackupPlayer.exe file to run the iDVR-PRO player software.
- Once the backup player is opened, click on the folder icon in the lower right and browse to the location of the AVI file on the DVD.
- Double click on the archive file to open it.
- The video will begin playing back.