The PTZ-HD-10 is an IR PTZ camera with 4 selectable video modes: Analog CCTV, AHD, HD-TVI, and HDCVI. This pan tilt zoom camera supports 1080p resolution (AHD, HD-TVI, and HDCVI modes) and 960H resolution in traditional analog CCTV mode (CVBS). This camera has built-in infrared night vision. The PTZ-HD-10 has a 10x optical zoom range via the 5 ~ 50mm lens and a max infrared distance of 150 feet (50 meters) which allows the camera to see in zero light environments. This pan, tilt, and zoom dome security camera has a 1/3" Sony image sensor. Please check out this demo video and these sample surveillance images.
This camera is enclosed in an IP66 rated outdoor dome housing that safeguards against harsh weather, dust, humidity, and acts of vandalism. The PTZ-HD-10 is hard wired to a DVR using RG59 coaxial cable. This camera can be used with the following DVR types: analog CCTV, AHD, HD-TVI, HDCVI. CCTV Camera Pros typically supplies this camera with our iDVR-PRO surveillance DVRs which supports PTZ over coax.
The PTZ-HD-10 supports Pelco D and Pelco P protocols as well as UTC (up the coax). UTC transmits the PTZ controls over the same RG59 cable used for video (so there is no need to run an additional pair of cables). For use in low light environments, this camera has a color Lux rating of 0.1 and a Black and White Lux rating of 0.01.
The PTZ-HD-10 has 6 giant LEDs that provide an effective Infrared range of up to 50 meters / 150 feet. The IR LED illuminators automatically activate when the camera senses low light beyond the capability of the lux ratings. An IR Cut Filter enhances the image quality by blocking any unusable infrared lighting and only allowing the visible light to pass through.
This camera supports an endless 360° pan, up to 220 individual preset points and wall mount bracket for easy installation.
The 24VAC power supply is included.
IR PTZ Dome Features
- 1/3" Sony Image Sensor
- 1920 x 1080 Resolution / 1080P / 2 megapixel
- 4 Selectable Video Modes: HD-TVI, AHD, HDCVI, Analog CCTV (CVBS)
- Video Connector: BNC
- Power Connector: Screw Terminals (2.1mm Pigtail Included)
- 6 Giant IR LEDs
- Effective Infrared Range of 50 Meters / 150 Feet
- UTC / UP The Coax PTZ Support
- Auto White Balance
- IR Cut Filter
- Back Light Compensation (BLC)
- IP66 Weatherproof Housing
- Indoor or Outdoor Surveillance
- 10x optical zoom ( 5 ~ 50 mm )
- Continuous 360° Rotation
- Pelco D & P Protocol Compatible
- Up to 220 Preset Points
- PTZ Control via Stand Alone DVRs or RS-485 PTZ controller
- PTZ Control via iPhone and Android Mobile Apps when connected to a Compatible DVR (iDVR-PRO Recommended)
- Optional Pendant Ceiling Mount
- Supports Dual Voltage - 12V DC / 24VAC
- 24VAC Power Supply Included
Be sure to click on the gear icon in the lower right of the video and select 1080p resolution if you are viewing from a desktop computer.
Watch this video to see the PTZ-HD-10 controlled by an iDVR-PRO surveillance DVR. You will also how the automatic tour and scan modes work.
The following images were captured with a PTZ-HD-10 connected to an iDVR-PRO DVR in 1080p HD-TVI mode. Please click on these images to see the full 1080p resolution images.
This camera monitors the back of CCTV Camera Pros warehouse. In this first image, the camera's lens is zoomed out to the widest angle.
Here is the PTZ controls screen on the iDVR-PRO surveillance DVR. In addition to the pan tilt zoom controls, you can see the scan, tour, and preset options.
In this image, the lens is zoomed all the way. This dumpster is located 103 feet away from the camera. You can see that at even at 100 feet away, letters and numbers can be read on the dumpster.
The PTZ-HD-10 supports UTC, which stands for "Up The Coax". It is a technology that allows the video and PTZ commands to both transmit over the same RG59 coax cable.
This is how to wire this UTC compatible PTZ to a DVR. In this example, we are using an iDVR-PRO hybrid DVR.
You can find our complete PTZ camera controller and installation guide here.
- Blue Wire - RG59 coax cable is run from the PTZ camera to a video input on the DVR. This will transmit the video signal and pan tilt zoom commands.
- Red Wire - Power cable, typically 18/2 stranded power wire is run from the camera to a multi-camera power supply box or the single camera power transformer that is supplied with the camera. *Please note that installers can use RG59 Siamese cable which contains both RG59 coax and 18/2 power cable to run both power and video / UTC cables.
- Green Wire - Optionally, the DVR is connected to a router / Internet connection using CAT-5e cable if the user wants to enable remote viewing and remote PTZ control via mobile apps and desktop software for Mac or Windows.
Optional Pendant Mount
Click on the image above for a larger view
Download the PTZ-HD-10 product specification here.
20x Zoom / 300 Foot IR Model
The PTZ-HD-20 is a larger version of the PTZ-HD-10. It supports a 20x optical zoom lens and a 300 foot IR rating. Please click here to learn more about this 20x Zoom HD infrared PTZ camera.
Compatible with iDVR-PRO HD DVRs
The PTZ-HD-10 works great with iDVR-PRO hybrid surveillance DVRs. iDVR-PROs support analog CCTV, HD-TVI and AHD CCTV cameras. The remote camera viewing via mobile apps, Mac, and Windows software is excellent.
iPhone / iPad Compatible
Click here to learn more about the latest iDVR-PRO HD CCTV DVRs.
iDVR-PRO Works with Analog CCTV and HD Security Cameras
Users can mix and match different camera technologies. This is perfect for customers that have existing CCTV cameras and want to upgrade to high definition over time. All DVR channels support all camera types. iDVR-PRO DVRs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
Request a Demo
Want to see how live video on this camera looks remotely over the Internet, please request a demo login below. You will be able to log in from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also log in from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please click here to request a demo login.