The Zavio CS8240 is an HD infrared PTZ camera with 30x optical zoom and an outdoor rated housing. This HD infrared PTZ camera captures 1080p resolution video surveillance at 30 frames per second using it's 1/2.8" Starlight CMOS image sensor. The 4.5 ~ 135mm lens (30x optical zoom) allows the user to zoom from a 57° horizontal angle of view to a 2.02° horizontal angle of view.
The Zavio CS8240 can be powered by using either a 24V-AC power adapter or by PoE+ (Power over Ethernet) 802.3AT. The PoE option allows both video and power to be run over a single Cat-5 Ethernet cable. The IP66/IK10 rated enclosure protects the vital components of the camera from harsh weather, dust, humidity, direct impact, and acts of vandalism.
The Zavio CS8240 has a low light lux rating of 0.001 in color and 0.0001 in black and white. When the camera's infrared LEDs are engaged (which happens automatically in low light) 0 lux (zero light surveillance) is supported. The Infrared LED's have an effective range of up to 150 meters / 450 feet.
Adaptive IR Technology allows the infrared LEDs to dim as objects move closer to prevent the image from whiting out. In addition, the IR illuminators can also change their angle to best fit the current angle of the camera lens.
Users can access a live video stream from remotely over the Internet from both Windows and Mac computers. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari web browsers are supported. Macintosh users, please read this before purchasing.
Click to see additional remote monitoring images using Zavio cameras.
Zavio CS8240 Features:
- 30 Frames per second at 1920 x 1080 Resolution (Full 1080p HD)
- 2 megapixel, 1/2.8" Starlight CMOS sensor
- Mechanical Pan, Tilt, and Zoom Operations from PC, Mac, and Mobile Apps
- IK10/IP66 Outdoor Rated Enclosure
- 24V-AC or PoE+ 802.3AT Powered
- 4.5 ~ 135mm Mechanical Zoom Lens (30x optical zoom)
- iPhone, iPad, and Android App Compatible
- Remote Viewing from Mac Computers
- Remote Viewing from Windows Computers
- Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC Card Slot for Local Recording & Snapshots (Up to 128 GB)
- True Day & Night with Infrared Mode (up to 150 meters / 450 feet)
- Adaptive IR Technology
- ROI (Region of Interest) Feature
- Digital Input / Digital Output - 2x Alarm Input, 1x Alarm Output
- H.265, H.264, and Motion JPEG Video Formats Supported
- ONVIF 2.4 and Profile S Compliant
- Two-way audio (with external speaker jack and microphone input)
- IR Cut Filter
- 64 Channel NVR Software Included
- User-friendly & Multi-lingual User Interface
Zavio CS8240 Specification
Zavio CS8240 Dimensions
Free 64 Channel NVR Software
Zavio cameras now include the 64 channel NVR software license for free. The name of the IP camera software is the CamGraba. This Zavio NVR software is compatible with all Zavio camera models and runs on Windows based computers. The new CamGraba software allows 4 cameras to be remotely viewed simultaneously. Some additional features are: motion detection and scheduled recording, supports H.265 / H.264 / MJPEG compression, multiple access levels with password protection, powerful search functions, enables remote access via the free CamGraba iPhone app. CamGraba iPhone and iPad apps coming soon.
The Zavio CS8240 supports live remote viewing over the Internet from a Mac computer, however, Zavio cameras can not record video directly to a Mac. For Macintosh users that are looking for a surveillance system that can also support recorded video playback from a Mac, we recommend using Zavio cameras with the NUUO NVR Titan recorder. It is highly recommended that Mac users read our Zavio IP camera FAQ for Mac before purchasing.
PoE for IP Camera
This IP camera is PoE (power over Ethernet) compliant which allows the installer to run a single CAT-5e cable to provide both power and data connectivity to the camera. CCTV Camera Pros supplies the following PoE injectors and PoE network switches which are compatible with this camera.
Please refer to these diagrams, to learn more about how to wire IP cameras using a PoE injectors or a PoE switch.