The HD-TVI-D3 is a high definition (1080p HD) / dome infrared security camera that is made for indoor surveillance applications. This HD CCTV camera has a fixed 3.6mm lens that provides a 90-degree field of view, which is ideal for ceiling mounting in the corner of small to medium-sized rooms. This HD-TVI security camera uses a Sony Progressive Scan image sensor that captures 1080p resolution ( 1920 x 1080 / 2 megapixel ) video using RG59 coaxial cable. As with all TVI cameras, they must be used with a TVI compatible DVR.
This 1080p camera uses 2 giant infrared LEDs, which allow the camera to operate in low light and zero light environments. The smart IR technology enables the camera to automatically adjust the intensity of the infrared lighting based on the distance objects are located from the camera. Please check out these surveillance images captured by the HD-TVI-D3.
Professional and DIY installers can easily access a menu (on-screen display) that allows them to adjust the camera's image settings using a joystick located on the camera. Digital Noise Reduction produces better image quality by removing graininess, especially useful in black & white mode when the IR LEDs are active. Other settings such as brightness, gain, low light intensity (SENSUP) can also be adjusted using the OSD. This camera is powered via a 12V DC power supply.
For environments with challenging lighting conditions, such as bright backlighting, the HD-TVI-D3 uses Wide Dynamic Range Enhancement. WDR works by combining the brightest part of the image with the darkest part to create a single highly detailed image.
- 1/2.9" Sony Progressive Scan CMOS Image Sensor
- 1080p (1920 x 1080) HD Video Resolution
- Compatible TVI DVRs
- Video Connector: BNC
- Power Connector: 2.1mm Plug
- 3.6mm Fixed Lens / 90 Degree Field of View
- 2 Giant IR LEDs for Low Light & Zero Light Video Surveillance
- White dome base
- Indoor Only Dome Enclosure
- Tri-axis mount for ceiling or wall installations
- Optional Wall Mount Bracket
- Infrared for low light and zero light applications
- .01 LUX without IRs / 0 LUX with IRs on
- Sense-Up Intensifier Technology (Up to x8)
- WDR / Digital Wide Dynamic Range
- Advanced On Screen Display controls via push buttons(located within the dome cover)
- OSD allows for control over light sensitivity, exposure, white balance, day/night, digital noise reduction, color, and sharpness adjustments
- 12V DC Power Supply Included
The above image was captured using the HD-TVI-D3 in our tech support room. The DVR was recording at 1080p resolution. All of the lights are on in the room. The camera is in daytime / color mode.
This image was captured using the HD-TVI-D3 with all of the lights turned off on the room. The infrared LEDs that are built into the camera provide enough illumination to see this entire room clearly.
iOS Mobile App Viewing
When the HD-TVI-D3 is connected to a TVI compatible DVR (like the iDVR-PRO), users can log in from remotely over the Internet to view their camera live in HD video quality. To capture all of the screenshots on this page, our HD-TVI-D3 was connected to an iDVR-PRO16H DVR. Check out the below images to see this camera being viewed using the iDVR-PRO Viewer app for iPhone.
Android Mobile App Viewing
These images were captured while using the iDVR-PRO Viewer mobile app for Android. The camera is still connected to an iDVR-PRO at our office and we are accessing the DVR from remotely over the Internet. A single camera view of the HD-TVI-D3 camera is selected in the app.
Download the HD-TVI-D3 product specification document here.
Download the OSD user manual for 1080p HD-TVI cameras here.
Dome Wall Mount (Option)
We have a dome wall mount bracket in white available for the HD-TVI-D3. This is optional because this camera is capable of being wall or ceiling mounted using the built-in tri-axis mount of the camera lens. This wall bracket does make a nice addition to high end commercial and retail surveillance installations.
Recommended Surveillance Installations / Applications
CCTV Camera Pros recommends the HD-TVI-D3 for the following types of video surveillance applications.
- Indoor surveillance only
- Systems which require HD video resolution
- Different lighting level: bright light, low light or total darkness
- Areas with intense background lighting are OK also by using the cameras digital wide dynamic range (WDR) capability
- Ceiling mount or wall mount application using the tri-axis mount of the camera lens to orient the lens to the needed angle. Installers can also use the optional wall mount bracket if they prefer
- Great for residential, commercial, and government surveillance installations
- Camera is recommended to be mounted to the ceiling, typically in the corner of a room
- The 3.6mm fixed lens provides a 90-degree field of view.
- We highly recommend the use of this camera with an iDVR-PRO recorder. Additional information about iDVR-PRO can be found below.
The HD-TVI-D3 works great with an iDVR-PRO hybrid CCTV / 1080p surveillance DVRs.
iPhone / iPad Compatible
Click here to learn more about the latest iDVR-PRO HD DVRs.
iDVR-PRO Works with Analog CCTV and HD Security Cameras
Users can mix and match different camera technologies. This is perfect for customers that have existing CCTV cameras and want to upgrade to high definition over time. Hybrid iDVR-PROs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
- AHD Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- 1080p HD-TVI Cameras
- Analog CCTV Cameras (all analog resolution supported including CIF, D1, 960H)
Request a Demo
Want to see how live video on this camera looks remotely over the Internet, please request a demo login below. You will be able to log in from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also log in from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please note that not all applications stream HD video. Mobile apps stream a lower resolution so that performance is better. Please click here to request a demo login.