The VB-HD5P is a passive video balun with power for analog CCTV and HD security cameras (AHD, HD-TVI and HD-CVI). The following video resolutions are supported: 960H (analog CCTV), 720p, 1080p, 3MP, 4MP, 5MP, and 8MP / 4K. These video baluns let installers use CAT5e or CAT6 network cable instead of RG59 or RG6 coax cable for HD CCTV video and low voltage power transmission. The VB-HD5P comes as a pair for the transmitting and receiving end of your cable run. Installers connect their CAT-5 cable to each end of the VB-HD5P with a standard RJ-45 connector. You can see installation diagrams using these baluns here.
The maximum distance that can be achieved for video and power varies by the type of HD CCTV camera that your system uses and the resolution that you are transmitting. Please refer below.
Max Cable Distances
- Up to 250 Meters / 820 Feet for AHD 720P Cameras
- Up to 200 Meters / 650 Feet for AHD Cameras (1080p, 3MP, 4MP, 5MP, 8MP, 4K)
- Up to 250 Meters / 820 Feet for HD-CVI 720P Cameras
- Up to 200 Meters / 650 Feet for HD-CVI Cameras (1080p, 3MP, 4MP, 5MP, 8MP, 4K)
- Up to 250 Meters / 820 Feet for HD-TVI 720P Cameras
- Up to 200 Meters / 650 Feet for HD-TVI Cameras (1080p, 3MP, 4MP, 5MP, 8MP, 4K)
- Up to 300 Meters / 1000 Feet for Analog CCTV Cameras / 960H (CVBS NTSC and PAL)
Max Power Distances
Example, if your camera draws 12V DC 100mA of power, these baluns can transmit the power up to 820 feet.
- 100mA 12V DC - 250 meters / 820 feet
- 300mA 12V DC - 100 meters / 328 feet
- 500mA Camera - 50 meters / 164 feet
- 1 Balun Pair
- Compatible with HD BNC Camera Formats - AHD (analog high definition), HD-TVI and HD-CVI
- Compatible with Analog CCTV Camera Format - CVBS, NTSC and PAL
- 960H, 720p, 1080p, 3MP, 4MP, 5MP, 8MP, 4K Resolutions Supported
- NTSC / PAL Video Format Support
- Transmits 12V DC and 24VAC power
- Passive (non-amplified) / No Power Required for Video Transmission
- Transient Suppression Protection
- Strong Anti Interference and Noise Filtering
- Male BNC Connectors
- -22°F to 158°F Operating Temperature
The above diagram shows how to wire VB-HD5P video baluns to an HD surveillance camera, HD CCTV DVR, and individual 12V DC power supply. The CAT-5 cable connects to each of the baluns using a standard RJ-45 Ethernet connector. The 2.1mm female power plug connects to the male lead on the camera and the BNC connector also connects directly to the camera. On the DVR end, the BNC connector attached to one of the video inputs of the DVR and the 2.1mm male power lead connects to the 12V DC power transformer.
Video Balun Wiring with Power Supply Box
This diagram how to wire VB-HD5P video baluns when a multi-camera power supply box is used instead of an individual power supply for the camera. The installer attaches a 2.1mm PT-3 power lead to the balun, then attaches the wires directly to the power supply box with its screw terminals.