The MON-4HD is a 4.3" video test monitor that works with the following types of security cameras: AHD, HD-TVI, HD-CVI, analog CCTV cameras, and network IP cameras. This test monitor has separate BNC video inputs for traditional analog CCTV cameras and HD security cameras. The HD camera port automatically detects the type of video signal - AHD, TVI, or CVI. The MON-4HD also detects if the camera uses NTSC or PAL video format and it works with both. In addition to "video over coax cable" type cameras.
The built-in PTZ (pan tilt zoom) controls are supported for CCTV, HD, and IP cameras. When the battery is fully charged, it works for 16 hours with normal use. The full-featured user-friendly OSD (On Screen Display) allows the user to navigate through all menus and adjust settings with ease. With the Micro SD Card Slot, users can record and playback video directly on the monitor. A few more features of the MON-4HD include audio in / out, IP address scanner, PoE port finder and link tester. All of this comes neatly packaged in a padded carrying case with neck strap for easy storage and portability.
CCTV / HD Camera Test Monitor Features
- 4.3 inch IPS Monitor (960 × 540 Resolution)
- BNC Video Input for Analog CCTV Camera Testing
- BNC Video Input for HD Camera Testing
- AHD, HD-TVI, HD-CVI Cameras Video Tester
- Supports TVI 2.0 and 3.0 (2, 3, and 5 Megapixel HD-TVI Cameras)
- Supports AHD / CVI HD Cameras (Up to 4 Megapixel)
- H.264 and H.265 Supported in up to 4K Resolution
- Works with PAL and NTSC Video Formats
- WiFi Support for IP Camera Testing Testing
- Built-in DHCP Server for IP cameras
- PoE Port for Hard Wired IP Camera Testing
- 12V DC 2 Amp Power Output for Powering Cameras (works with analog and HD cameras)
- POE (24 Watt Max) for Powering PoE IP Cameras
- USB 5V / 2 Amp Output for Mobile Phone Charging
- PTZ Camera Tester / RS-485 Data Tester
- RS-232 Data Tester
- HDMI Input / Output Supports 1080P
- Supports Both Analog and IP PTZ Cameras
- RJ-45 Ethernet Cable Tester
- Built-in POE Tester
- Network IP Address Scanner and Port Scanner
- Identifies IP Address of Cat-5 Cable Run
- Network Cable to Switch Port Locator
- Easy to Navigate Touch Screen Menu
- Carrying Case and Neck Strap
- Record and Playback Using a Micro SD Card
- 8GB Micro SD Card Included (Supports up to 32GB)
- Rechargeable 7.4V DC 5000mAh Lithium Polymer Battery
- Power Supply for Charging - 6 Hour Charge Time
- Up To 10 Hours of Battery Life with Normal Use
- Dimensions - 210mm (8.26") x 140mm (5.5") x 50mm (1.96")
Testing Analog and HD security cameras is simple. After connecting the camera to the tester's BNC video input, the installer can select the camera type using the touchscreen. If testing analog CCTV cameras, the installer will select the PTZ camera option even if the camera is not a pan tilt zoom camera. CVI, TVI, and AHD can also be selected on this screen.
Installer Testing Applications
In addition to the analog and HD video tester, the MON-4HD has many built-in applications that assist installers in setting up and maintaining video surveillance systems and network devices.
The network cable to switch port locator app that is built into the tester allows installers to locate which port on a network switch that an Ethernet / Cat-5 cable is plugged into. This is handy for locating cables that are not labeled. Simple plug one end of the cable run into the LAN port of the test monitor and tap on the start button. The MON-4HD sends a special signal to the switch which causes the port's LEDs to flash.
The RJ-45 Ethernet cable tester app that is built into the MON-4HD lets installers check to make sure that the wires in their CAT-5 and CAT-6 cable were properly routed into the correct slots on their RJ-45 ends. This app maps out which wires are in which slots and detects the type of application.
The MON-4HD has a built-in IP address scanner and port scanner app. Installers may connect the tester to a network using the built-in WIFI. All IP addresses can be scanned on the network to search for devices. When a device is found, the IP address can be selected and all of the ports on the device can be scanned.
The MON-IP7, MON-7HD, and MON-4HD are able to connect to any ONVIF compliant IP PTZ camera on the network they are connected to. This article will cover using the Pan, Tilt, and Zoom features on the MON-IP7, MON-7HD, and MON-4HD IPC test monitors. You can see the instructions for the ONVIF PTZ controls here.
This image shows the accessories that are included in the box with the MON-4HD: BNC jumper cable, RS-485 cable with alligator clips, 3.1mm power cable, audio cable with alligator clips, built-in table stand, remote UTP cable tester, test monitor neck strap, 12V DC power supply / charger, carry case strap, carrying case.