The MON-AHD1 is a 3.5" AHD camera and analog CCTV camera monitor. It supports 720p and 1080p AHD cameras and standard analog CCTV cameras. This test monitor can power a DC camera using the 12V-DC 1 Amp power output allowing the installer to mount, focus and test security cameras before running any cable (Only works with 12V-DC cameras rated up to 1 Amp).
When installing IP cameras, this monitor can be used to identify the IP address of the cable run. This monitor is designed to only test the cable and does not display the video stream of the IP camera. However, we do have this 7" tester that DOES display video from IP cameras.
The 3.5" LCD screen and provides a crisp, clear image. The brightness, contrast, and saturation are fully adjustable. Installers can test communication with PTZ cameras using the built-in pan tilt zoom controls. It supports more than 20 PTZ protocols, making it compatible with most PTZ cameras used today. The MON-AHD1 charges in 4 ~ 5 hours and can last up to 11 hours with normal use.
The auto-detect feature of the monitor automatically determines whether the camera is PAL or NTSC when connected. The MON-AHD1 includes a neck strap, RS-485 cables, rechargeable battery, charging cable, BNC cable, cable test box and a carry case to hold everything.
Test Monitor Features
- 3.5 inch LCD Monitor
- BNC Video Input / BNC Video Out
- Supports AHD and Analog Cameras
- 720p and 1080p AHD Cameras are Supported
- 12V DC 1 Amp Power output supplies power to CCTV camera being tested
- Used in IP / CCTV Testing and Monitoring
- Built-in PTZ Camera Tester
- Supports Over 20 PTZ Protocols
- Built-in RJ-45 Ethernet Cable Tester
- Network IP scanner displays all addresses on the network
- Identifies IP Address of Cat-5 Cable Run
- Carrying Case and Neck Strap
- Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery & Power Supply for Charging
- Up To 11 Hours of Battery Life with Normal Use
- 4 ~ 5 Hour Charge Time
- Works with PAL and NTSC Cameras
- Automatically Detects PAL or NTSC When Connected to a Camera
- Supports RS-485
BNC Inputs, RS-485, 12V DC Power Output
This is the top of the MON-AHD1. Here is a brief description of the functions that these connections support.
- BNC Video In: Used to test video from high definition AHD and analog CCTV cameras by displaying video on the monitor. Accepts NTSC and PAL cameras.
- BNC Video Out: Loop outputs video when a camera is connected to the BNC in.
- 12V DC Output: Used to power 12V DC cameras during installation.
- RS-485: Used to control PTZ cameras and perform PTZ address search. Data monitor testing for RS-485
UTP Cable Tester, Micro SD Card, UTP Scan The right side of the MON-AHD1 has the following ports.
- USB: Charger input.
- UTP / Scan: UTP cable tester so that installers can verify that CAT-5 and CAT-6 Ethernet cables are working properly. Testing your Ethernet cable runs with a professional cable tester can save hours of troubleshooting. The RJ-45 UTP cable jack can be seen on the right side of the test monitor.
Audio In, Reset
- Audio In: used to test audio surveillance microphones.
- Reset: Reset to the default settings
Test Monitor Accessories
The below image shows the accessories that are included in the box with the MON-AHD1: BNC jumper cable, 12V DC power cable, test monitor trap, storage bag strap, RS-485 cable with alligator clips, audio cable with alligator clips, remote UTP cable tester, power supply / charger, carrying case.
Test Monitor with Camera Power Output
One of the unique features of the MON-AHD1 test monitor is that it has a 12V DC 1 Amp power output that can be used to supply power to the CCTV camera that is being tested. Please note that this tester can only supply power to 12V DC cameras that are rated up to 1 Amp.