User and Group Authority Setup for iDVR-PRO 960H / H.264 CCTV DVRs
Follow these instructions to setup a user account and manage the group authorities for iDVR-PRO 960H / H.264 DVRs from CCTV Camera Pros. You can find the 960H iDVR-PRO CCTV DVRs here.
User and Group Authority Setup Instructions
To add a new user and manage the group authorities to the iDVR-PRO 960H DVR, please follow the instructions below.
- First, using either the included infrared remote control or a USB mouse, press the Menu button followed by System Setup. (Shown Below)
- Then select the User tab followed by Management. (Shown Below)
- Now press the Add button in the lower right portion of the screen. Then on the Add menu, enter the new user's User ID, Password, Group (Admin, Manager and User), Email (If you wish for the user to receive email alerts. The email server must first be set up in the DVR, if you have yet to do this, please take a look at the Email Alerts Setup article.), Email Notify and Covert Channel (Block the user from viewing specified channels). Press the OK button to continue. (Shown Below)
- You will now see the new user appear on the User list. Press the Apply button then save the settings. (Shown Below)
- Now we will setup the privileges the new user will have. As you can see in the image above, the NewUser we just created is in the User group (The same settings apply to the Manager group. The Admin group will have access to everything). Go to the Group Authority tab on the left column. Then under the User column select the actions the users in the User group will have access to. Once you have selected the desired settings, press the Apply button to save the settings. (Shown Below)
Learn more about iDVR-PRO
| iPhone / iPad Compatible
| Android Compatible
| Mac Compatible
Click here to learn more about the latest iDVR-PRO CCTV DVRs.
Works with Analog CCTV and HD Security Cameras
Hybrid iDVR-PROs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
- AHD Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- TVI Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- Analog CCTV Cameras (all analog resolution supported including CIF, D1, 960H)
Request a Demo
If you do not currently have an iDVR-PRO and would like to log in to the demo unit at our office, please request a demo login below. You will be able to log in from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also log in from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please click here to request a demo login.
Complete CCTV Systems
Did you know? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a complete surveillance system quote that includes any iDVR-PRO model with cameras, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors? We can even mix and match SD and HD security cameras because the latest iDVR-PROs are hybrid. They work with CCTV, AHD, and HD-TVI type cameras. As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2, 4, 8, and 16 camera surveillance systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different camera models that we carry. So, we can also provide you with a custom quote with as many cameras as you need and a mix of any combination of camera model(s) based on your project requirements.
About the Author
This article was written by Mike Haldas, co-founder and managing partner of CCTV Camera Pros. If you have any questions about iPhone security camera app for iDVR, please email me at email@example.com.