Motion Detection Alarm Buzzer SetupMotion detection alarm buzzers can be configured to go off when motion is detected in a security camera attached to your JP surveillance DVR. Please follow the below instructions to setup your surveillance DVR to sound an alarm when motion detection occurs on your system.
In order to sound an alarm / buzzer when motion is detected, your DVR must first be setup for motion detection recording. Even if you use continuous record, you can set the DVR to also detect motion events. Follow these instructions to first setup motion detection recording.
Setup motion alarm / buzzer
- From the DVRs System Menu, select the Configuration option.
- On the Configuration screen, select Buzzer Setup.
- On the Buzzer Setup screen select Motion Detect and press Enter or OK. The Buzzer setting will switch to On
- Press the menu button to exit this screen and save this setting.
- Press the menu button to exit the DVRs menu system until you see your cameras live.
- Test the motion detection by creating motion in one of your cameras. The DVRs alarm / buzzer should sound.
Disable Motion Detection and Alarm on Some Cameras
If you only want certain cameras enabled for motion detection, follow these instructions to disable the cameras that you do not want enabled for motion detection.
Your surveillance system is now setup for motion detection alarm for only the cameras that desire.
- From the DVRs System Menu, select Configuration.
- On the Configuration screen, select Camera Setup.
- On the Camera Setup screen, select Motion Setup.
- On the Motion Setup screen, select Motion Mask Setup. This screen allows you to mask out areas of view that you do not want enabled for motion detection. In order to completely disable entire cameras, we will select all of the cells in the camera views that we do not enabled for motion detection.
- Using the 0-9 keys, select the channel of the camera that you want to disable for motion detection.
- Click the mode button until you are in "ALL OFF mode.
- Once in "ALL OFF" mode, click the Enter or OK button on the DVR or remote. Notice that all of the cells in view turn greyed out. This entire view is now disabled from motion detection.
- Repeat steps 5-7 to disable each camera that you do not want motion detection enabled for.
- Click on the menu button to exit this menu and save your settings.
- Click on the menu button repeatedly until you see you cameras live.