The HD-D20W is a 1080p dome HD-SDI camera that can be used for CCTV video surveillance and BlackMagic video capture applications. HD-SDI security cameras are capable of capturing video at 2mp / 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080) using standard RG59 coaxial cable.
The HD-D20W is enclosed in an IP66 weatherproof dome housing. This security camera is designed for indoor and outdoor installation. The tri-axis eyeball style mount of this camera enables ceiling or wall mount installation. This high definition HD-SDI dome supports zero light infrared night vision up to 50 feet with the use of the the 24 built-in infrared LEDs. When light levels are low, the HD-D20W automatically switches to night time surveillance mode by changing to black and white, engaging the IR cut filter, and turning on the IR LEDs.
The HD-D20W uses a 1/2.9" inch Progressive Scan CMOS image sensor. This camera has a fixed 3.6mm lens which gives a 90 degree wide angle of view that requires no focus adjustment by the installer.
Take a look at these
sample surveillance images and this 1080p video demo that was captured using this camera.
The on screen display (OSD) built into the HD-D40W is accessed via a small joystick that is attached to the video cable. Using the OSD, security installers can adjust settings such as the WDR (wide dynamic range), digital noise reduction, sens-up, smart IR, and day / night settings of the camera.
HD-SDI CCTV cameras use
RG59 Siamese coax cable just like traditional CCTV cameras, but must be used in conjunction with an HD-SDI DVR to record video.
This camera is an excellent choice for indoor CCTV applications where high definition video is desired and light levels get very low or zero light recording is required.
Important Note: this camera requires an HD-SDI compatible DVR if you want to use this as a security camera to record video surveillance footage.
Dome HD-SDI Camera Features
- Compatible with HD-SDI CCTV DVRs
- BlackMagic SDI Capture Card Compatible
- Direct TV Connection via SDI to HDMI Converter
- Video Format: HD-SDI
- Analog Format: 1080p AHD (analog HD)
- HD Resolution: 1080p / 2 Megapixel
- Video Output: BNC Connector
- Infrared: 24 Piece / 50 Foot IR Distance
- Weatherproof: Yes. IP66 Indoor / Outdoor
- Lens: 3.6mm Fixed / 90 Degree
- Style: White, Turret Style Dome, Metal
- Install: Ceiling or Wall Mount
- Power: 12V DC Power Supply Included
- Advanced OSD: On Screen Display controls for Light sensitivity, exposure, white balance, day/night, digital noise reduction, color, SENS-UP, and sharpness adjustments
Color Day Mode Snapshot
The following sample images were taken using the HD-D20 in a room of our office that measures 13 feet wide by 21 feet long.
view 1080p resolution image.
IR Night Vision
view 1080p resolution infrared image.
This camera is compatible with BlackMagic Design SDI converters. CCTV Camera Pros used a BlackMagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder to capture the above sample images.
This is how it works.
- The green BNC video output of the HD-D20W is connected to a RG59 BNC jumper cable.
- The other end of the BNC cable connects to the BNC video input on the BlackMagic converter box.
- The BlackMagic supports a Thunderbolt 2 output. The Macbook in the above picture only has Thunderbolt 3 inputs, so a Thunderbolt 2 to 4 converter is used to connect the BlackMagic box to the Mac.
Installers can use an
SDI-CR1 SDI to HDMI converter to connect the HD-D20W to a TV or monitor to display a realtime live video feed.
This is how it works.
- An RG59 BNC jumper cable connects the green BNC video output of the camera to the BNC SDI video input on the SDI-CR1 converter box.
- The HDMI output of the converter box can be connected to the HDMI input on a TV or computer monitor.
- Please note that the above picture does not show the camera or converter box connected to the 12V DC power supplies that are included.
Watch this video to see 1080p video captured using the HD-D20W in normal light and zero light using the camera's IR night vision.
HD-SDI Camera vs Analog CCTV Camera
Watch the below video to see a comparison of HD-SDI camera video resolution versus traditional analog CCTV camera resolution.
Important Note: it is recommended that you watch this video at full 1080p resolution by clicking on the settings button in the YouTube player (the one that looks like a gear) and selecting 1080p HD. Then click on the full screen button to watch in full screen mode.
SD vs. HD Security Camera
Not convinced of the video quality that and HD security camera can provide and want to learn compare the resolution HD-SDI cameras to conventional CCTV cameras? Check out this
article written by our co-founder.
This camera uses built in smart IR technology which allows the camera to automatically adjust the intensity of the infrared illumination provided by the built in IR LEDs based on the distance objects are located from the camera. Click to
learn more about smart IR.