CCTV, AHD, HD-TVI DVR Hard Drive Calculator - iDVR-PRO Surveillance DVRs
The iDVR-PRO Hard Drive Calculator lets you estimate how much storage you will need on your iDVR-PRO surveillance DVR. The latest iDVR-PROs support analog CCTV, AHD, and HD-TVI cameras. The hard drive storage calculator supports the newest 4K security camera DVRs. Download the hard drive calculator program for Windows using the below link and follow these instructions to estimate how much hard drive space will be required for your surveillance system based on the number of days o recording that you require. Update: you can also use our latest online video storage calculator here.
- Select NTSC or PAL video format. NTSC is the US video standard. PAL is European.
- Select how many channels your DVR has.
- Choose the recording resolution, video quality, frame rate, and if you are using an audio microphone for each camera channel.
- Choose the hard drive size that you want to make the calculation based on.
- Select if you will use Variable Bit Rate (VBR) recording.
- Press the Calculate button.
- In the report section, the following will be displayed.
- Total hard drive space used per hour used in megabytes
- Total hard drive space used per day in Gigabytes
- The hard drive size you selected
- The total number of hours of recording that the hard drive will support
- The total number of days of recording that the hard drive will support
DVR Hard Drive Space Calculator Download
You can download the hard drive calculator here. Please note that it is in a .zip file. After you unzip the file, run the program by double-clicking on "iDVR-PRO Hard Drive Calculator.exe".
Learn more about iDVR-PRO
iPhone / iPad Compatible
Click here to learn more about the latest iDVR-PRO CCTV DVRs.
Works with Analog CCTV and HD Security Cameras
Hybrid iDVR-PROs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
- AHD Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- TVI Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- Analog CCTV Cameras (all analog resolution supported including CIF, D1, 960H)
Request a Demo
If you do not currently have an iDVR-PRO and would like to log in to the demo unit at our office, please request a demo login below. You will be able to log in from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also log in from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please click here to request a demo login.
Complete CCTV Systems
Did you know? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a complete surveillance system quote that includes any iDVR-PRO model with cameras, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors? We can even mix and match SD and HD security cameras because the latest iDVR-PROs are hybrid. They work with CCTV, AHD, and HD-TVI type cameras. As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2, 4, 8, and 16 camera surveillance systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different camera models that we carry. So, we can also provide you with a custom quote with as many cameras as you need and a mix of any combination of camera model(s) based on your project requirements.
About the Author
This article was written by Mike Haldas, co-founder and managing partner of CCTV Camera Pros. If you have any questions about iPhone security camera app for iDVR, please email me at email@example.com.