Android Mobile Phone Remote Video Surveillance
The following video demonstrates accessing CCTV Camera Pros iDVR-PRO stand alone digital video recorder remotely over the Internet using an Android mobile phone.
Important Update: the original video on this page was created before the Android app for iDVR and iDVR-PRO surveillance DVRs was available. We no longer recommend using the web browser access on Android being that the app provides such a better experience. At this time, CCTV Camera Pros highly
recommends iDVR-PRO surveillance DVRs for Android users. The latest videos for the iDVR-PRO viewer app for Android can be watched here.
Live Security Camera View from Android App
This video demonstrates the live security camera view from remotely over the Internet using the
iDVR-PRO viewer app for Android. The demo also shows how-to playback recorded video surveillance footage in the app from the DVR's hard drive. This is the best video demo that we currently have. It uses the latest iDVR-PRO DVR with 1080p HD security cameras connected to it.
Recorded Surveillance Video Playback from Android App
Here is another video demonstration that shows how to search and playback surveillance video that is recorded to a DVR's hard drive using the iDVR-PRO viewer app. Please note that this video was made before iDVR-PRO DVRs supported high definition
AHD security cameras and HD-TVI security cameras, however, the user interface and process to playback recorded video has not changed.
Want to watch more iDVR-PRO videos? Please
click here for more demo and setup videos for iDVR-PRO.
Learn more about iDVR-PRO
iPhone / iPad Compatible
Click here to
learn more about the latest iDVR-PRO CCTV DVRs.
Works with Analog CCTV and HD Security Cameras
Hybrid iDVR-PROs work with the following security camera types and resolutions.
- AHD Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- TVI Cameras (720p and 1080p resolution models supported)
- Analog CCTV Cameras (all analog video resolutions supported including CIF, D1, 960H)
Request a Demo
If you do not currently have an iDVR-PRO and would like to log in to the demo unit at our office, please request a demo login below. You will be able to login from iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices. You can also login from Macintosh and Windows computers. Please
click here to request a demo login.
Complete CCTV Systems
Did you know? CCTV Camera Pros can provide a complete surveillance system quote that includes any iDVR-PRO model with cameras, cables, connectors, power supplies, and monitors? We can even mix and match SD and HD security cameras because the latest iDVR-PROs are hybrid. They work with CCTV, AHD, and HD-TVI type cameras. As you have probably already seen on our website, we have 2, 4, 8, and 16 camera surveillance systems in pre-made packages. However, it is not possible for us to package up every combination and quantity of all the different camera models that we carry. So, we can also provide you with a custom quote with as many cameras as you need and a mix of any combination of camera model(s) based on your project requirements.
About the Author
This article was written by
Mike Haldas, co-founder and managing partner of CCTV Camera Pros. If you have any questions about iPhone security camera app for iDVR, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This video shows the legacy method of accessing iDVR from Android web browsers. This has been replaced by the Android app.
CCTV Camera Pros no longer recommends using the web browser access option.
Welcome to CCTV Camera Pros demonstration of an iDVR series video surveillance DVR being accessed remotely over the Internet from an Android mobile phone. It this video we will be using an Android cell phone simulator.
The team at CCTV Camera Pros hopes that this video was useful in demonstrating the iDVRs capability to remotely view live surveillance cameras Android cell phone.
For more information on the iDVR, please visit:
www.cctvcamerapros.com/iDVR. Please contact CCTV Camera Pros if you have any questions related to video surveillance for home, business, and government use.
- We start by launching the web browser in the Android phone.
- Then we navigate to www.iDVRviewer.com.
- On the login screen, we enter the host name and port number of our surveillance DVR, along with our administrator user ID and password.
- After we authenticate, the first screen gives us a menu of the cameras that are available to view.
- One by one we can access the live security camera views by clicking on the link of the camera that we want to see.
There is a back button to navigate back to the main menu where you can click on another camera to view.
- Please note that the video speed on the simulator is slower than the response time that users get on an actual Android cell phone.
- The frames per second that a user can view remotely from their phone depends on the upload speed of the Internet connection where the DVR is installed.
The iDVR can also be accessed from iPhone, Blackberry and Windows mobile phones.
- In addition to remote mobile access, the iDVR supports remote access from Windows based desktop and laptop computers.
Thank You for watching.